ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Hold for pickup with Fedex is a NO GO. If you request a specific facility where it should be held.. even if the package is express AM, it will no longer be guaranteed for AM delivery and moved to that specific facility in the afternoon. I ordered from the same vendor and they're holding for me until 1/7.

Lesson learned. Holiday cheer shouldn't count on live shipments. I'll hit the bottle tonight for shits and giggles.

Or I could just open the bottle of microbe lift and wave it around for shits.

The little fishies should be ready for pickup by noon. So hopefully they will be okay only extra traumatized. Just like Mama.

• Like 2

Somethin smells fishy.. or wait.. something just smells.

Likely packed with oxygen, they'll be fine. Do not open the bag, float for temp (at least 30 mins) and add to tank. Expect a few not to make it long term, that's life.

Lights out today.. all day..

Somethin smells fishy.. or wait.. something just smells.

Likely packed with oxygen, they'll be fine. Do not open the bag, float for temp (at least 30 mins) and add to tank. Expect a few not to make it long term, that's life.

Lights out today.. all day..

They need to have a bath in safety stop before I put them in my tank.

They need to have a bath in safety stop before I put them in my tank.

Honestly I'm not sure what that's going to do. Ich is the only thing that's not treatable in a reef tank. Both metro and prazi are reef safe for flukes, internal parasites, bacterial infections.

mmm.. ok, i guess it's better than nothing.

Just for you Mark, I went and took a whiff of the cat/fish bathroom. It smells like cat. I sniffed the bottle and it did stink. My apartment cleared out of the smell within an hour but that is why I've been contemplating doing the next dose at night, why even hang around for the hour that it stinks.

Maybe your bottle had a leak or something. I rinsed the measuring cups in vinegar before putting them away. No smells anywhere except right at the bottle.

Yeah, the smell should clear up in a few hours. Deffinitely shouldn't linger for DAYS

FedEx did not call me when the box arrived, I was tracking it and as soon as I got notified that it was at the hub I went over.

I found my babies! Look at the size of the damn box!

20141223_130659.jpg

Temperature acclimation

20141223_142205.jpg

They got a bath in safety stop and in the tank they went. They're really adorable! And big! I expected like tetra sized fish, these guys are big. The clownfish pair are doing their best to break up the school. They're tail slapping the group and stuff.

Lights are out so I'm not entirely sure what's going on. The damselfish are being slapped around also.

• Like 10

Crappy cellphone Peechurs with no light and dirty glass. :rolleyes:

20141223_194513.jpg

20141223_194451.jpg

Some are beginning to show a yellow color (spots are algae on the glass don't panic)

20141223_195125.jpg

I feel like this tank has caused you nothing but trouble since you banned Kate Upton gifs on your thread... JUST SAYIN'!

:slap:

You need a bigger tank to fit all those bagged goodies in.... ;)

:slap::P

What's in the boooox!

Fishmas!!! omgomgomg

Are those Blue Eye Cardinals in the bags Metro? omgomgomg

Yes yes yes!!!! omgomgomg

It'll motivate me to talk about my astrina issues.

Tell me about the stars. What's going on? Too many? plague like proportions? Eating everything? Got some Harleys?

• Like 3

Crappy cellphone Peechurs with no light and dirty glass. :rolleyes:

20141223_194513.jpg

20141223_194451.jpg

Some are beginning to show a yellow color (spots are algae on the glass don't panic)

20141223_195125.jpg

Yes yes yes!!!! omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg!!!

Yaaay! Dang though you have 6 more than me! lol

• Like 1

Tell me about the stars. What's going on? Too many? plague like proportions? Eating everything? Got some Harleys?

There was a population explosion over the summer whilst I was traipsing around the southern side of the state and the TS was doing bare minimum in terms of tank maintenance. At that time he was only feeding pellet foods once every 2-3 days (much less than I usually feed). My calupera must have sucked all the algae's nutrients out of the tank because it died off last month. The TS NEVER scraped the glass and after a month there would be about half as much on the glass as you just pictured. I think this is why they turned to the coral as a food source.

Usually I just pull the lil goobers when I see them but there are more than I can contend with ATM. Trying to source a Harlequin that I can "rent" for a month or so to help but the LFSs are not super cooperative in this respect.

They seem to target about half the colonies across the gambit of coral types. They started on select zoa colonies moved to the SPS and are now munching thru LPS as well. :furious:

Really bad pics

By the time I got the lights on and phone out it had moved off the the bleached spot to the left.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/20141217_041850_zpsaq71cpqm.jpg.html'>20141217_041850_zpsaq71cpqm.jpg

They dance around the healthy edge of the favia just chewing through it.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/20141217_041608_zpsxuke51dh.jpg.html'>20141217_041608_zpsxuke51dh.jpg

Bah! it's infuriating!

Those cardinals look smaller in a bigger tank. :D I lost one today, stuck on the MP40, so now down to 5. They were all fine yesterday, and have been in the tank for months. I hate mystery deaths. Must be the flu.

Or I could just open the bottle of microbe lift and wave it around for shits.

Just wanted to let you know I did not miss the humor. :)

• Like 1

There was a population explosion over the summer whilst I was traipsing around the southern side of the state and the TS was doing bare minimum in terms of tank maintenance. At that time he was only feeding pellet foods once every 2-3 days (much less than I usually feed). My calupera must have sucked all the algae's nutrients out of the tank because it died off last month. The TS NEVER scraped the glass and after a month there would be about half as much on the glass as you just pictured. I think this is why they turned to the coral as a food source.

Usually I just pull the lil goobers when I see them but there are more than I can contend with ATM. Trying to source a Harlequin that I can "rent" for a month or so to help but the LFSs are not super cooperative in this respect.

They seem to target about half the colonies across the gambit of coral types. They started on select zoa colonies moved to the SPS and are now munching thru LPS as well. :furious:

Really bad pics

By the time I got the lights on and phone out it had moved off the the bleached spot to the left.

They dance around the healthy edge of the favia just chewing through it.

Bah! it's infuriating!

Jedimaster1138 has the same exact thing happen to him. He could count hundreds os asternias on his SPS.

Those cardinals look smaller in a bigger tank. :D I lost one today, stuck on the MP40, so now down to 5. They were all fine yesterday, and have been in the tank for months. I hate mystery deaths. Must be the flu.

Just wanted to let you know I did not miss the humor. :)

:D

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg!!!

Yaaay! Dang though you have 6 more than me! lol

I hope they survive. Imma name one of them Fed, the other Ex.

• Like 1

Totally disagree with your asterina issue.. the fact that you see them on the edges is where the tissue is dying and receding.. why would they be particular otherwise and just be on the edges? Would they not just pick a spot on the coral and go to town if they were truly eating healthy flesh?

If they are munching on your zoas, then the zoas have a fungus or a film of algae growing on them, or could be a bacterial infection. When I had zoa pox outbreak, they attacked the infected ones. My colonies were covered with hundreds of them. Only the healthy polyps remained which ended up saving them.

Merry Fishmas Kat! Glad everyone made it home safe.

• Like 2