Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Not all damsels are created equally, some are far more aggressive than others, especially when a pair is formed and they start breeding. Springers damsels are one of the most peaceful species, but there are individuals that do not fit the mold.

This x1000000000

100th page, YEET!

• Like 1

Good morning from the reef. Got a fresh batch of live blackworms yesterday, I'm hoping the longspines might be tempted to eat. I threw in food with garlic yesterday but no luck so far. Except for Mandarins, I've never had a fish that did not eat so any guidance here would be appreciated. I'm trying all kinds of foods, LRS reef frenzy, Mysis, brine shrimp, pellets, rotifers.

More SPS bite the dust. The tester frag from the LFS is still alive and showing PE so I might have better luck with new corals than the survivability of my existing colonies. Planning on gluing down some corals today - zoanthids.

• Like 1

Good morning from the reef. Got a fresh batch of live blackworms yesterday, I'm hoping the longspines might be tempted to eat. I threw in food with garlic yesterday but no luck so far. Except for Mandarins, I've never had a fish that did not eat so any guidance here would be appreciated. I'm trying all kinds of foods, LRS reef frenzy, Mysis, brine shrimp, pellets, rotifers.

More SPS bite the dust. The tester frag from the LFS is still alive and showing PE so I might have better luck with new corals than the survivability of my existing colonies. Planning on gluing down some corals today - zoanthids.

Sorry to hear about the SPS. :( My cardinals took to cheap garlic laced flake first day.

• Like 1

Where did you get the blackworms?

Absolutely fish.

Some petland stores also carry them, call the one closest to you.

Didnt know absolutely fish had live blackworms. Ive always wanted to get some live foods to treat my fish too.

Didnt know absolutely fish had live blackworms. Ive always wanted to get some live foods to treat my fish too.

They have several kinds. Also get their frequent discount card, after 6 or 8 purchases you get $15 off your next purchase, Regardless of amount.

They now also carry LRS food and a full line of Dr G's. And if you check their soft fringing reef in the back left of the store, that one was inspired by me ;)

At the LFS I was discussing wrasses with one of the guys. He said because I have a 6 line, it's going to be fight club if I add any other wrasses, especially the flashers and/or fairy wrasses. Anybody have a 6 line with other wrasses in their tank?

If the consensus is that 6lines will not work out with the wrasse harem I'm contemplating, then I might have to trade Mark Sanchez for another set of players.

And GOOD NEWS (God knows this tank needs some) - some of the Cardinalfish ate!

• Like 2
They have several kinds. Also get their frequent discount card, after 6 or 8 purchases you get $15 off your next purchase, Regardless of amount.They now also carry LRS food and a full line of Dr G's. And if you check their soft fringing reef in the back left of the store, that one was inspired by me ;)

At the LFS I was discussing wrasses with one of the guys. He said because I have a 6 line, it's going to be fight club if I add any other wrasses, especially the flashers and/or fairy wrasses. Anybody have a 6 line with other wrasses in their tank?

If the consensus is that 6lines will not work out with the wrasse harem I'm contemplating, then I might have to trade Mark Sanchez for another set of players.

I have a 6-line and a carpenters flasher in my 30 gallon. The 6-line was added last and the flasher chases him all over. Neymar the 6-line doesn't seem to be bothered. When Cinderella (my daughter doesn't understand that she's a he) chases Neymar he just ducks into the rocks and starts hunting pods somewhere else. Neymar gives my Talbots Damsel grief though.

Glad your cardinals started eating!

• Like 1

FTS Dec 27th

20141227_144434.jpg

The rock in the middle with the Grandis Palys belongs on the right side. It's here temporarily to get more light.

Looks great Kat. Great minds think alike, just took a FTS too :P .

• Like 1

They have several kinds. Also get their frequent discount card, after 6 or 8 purchases you get $15 off your next purchase, Regardless of amount.

They now also carry LRS food and a full line of Dr G's. And if you check their soft fringing reef in the back left of the store, that one was inspired by me ;)

I have two red headed fairy wrasses, and male and a female, and a yellow coris. The male and female were added a few weeks apart and tried to kill each other for months. I had to separate them a few times but now they get along great. The yellow coris is much smaller and was added about 8 months later and the other two have never payed any attention to it.

• Like 1

Looks great Kat. Great minds think alike, just took a FTS too :P .

;) So if I host my birthday at Absolutely fish, will you bring a few friends and come shop?

What's the eta on the new light? I have a feeling that light will help tremendously

It will. I sent Dave a threatening Christmas card so maybe when he opens it and craps in his pants, my light will be on its way.

I have two red headed fairy wrasses, and male and a female, and a yellow coris. The male and female were added a few weeks apart and tried to kill each other for months. I had to separate them a few times but now they get along great. The yellow coris is much smaller and was added about 8 months later and the other two have never payed any attention to it.

Hmm. These fish are unpredictable. Whodathunkit.

;) So if I host my birthday at Absolutely fish, will you bring a few friends and come shop

Sounds like an awesome birthday party. Would there be discounts? I would be game.

• Like 1

I knew it. I knew there was a reason to have some alcohol stashed in the desk. A friend sent this link to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/23/alcohol-creativity-the-problem-solver_n_6368810.html

ballmer_peak.png

FTS Dec 27th

20141227_144434.jpg

The rock in the middle with the Grandis Palys belongs on the right side. It's here temporarily to get more light.

Oh, look at how happy that dendro is out in the open :)

• Like 4

Let me know the details. Ill make an appearance. Maybe they might have a nice maxima that day i can grab.

I'll ask if they can get a shipment ;)

My Grandis closed up 3 days ago and are refusing to open at the moment. :( I have 4 polyps now.

They are temperamental but they will open up.

Oh, look at how happy that dendro is out in the open :)

:lol: Yeah, it gets all the food I throw about

Hypo, I might hold a birthday party at the fish store in Clifton. A shopping spree event, you'll have to come.

• Like 1

:lol: Yeah, it gets all the food I throw about

Hypo, I might hold a birthday party at the fish store in Clifton. A shopping spree event, you'll have to come.

Cool beans. When would the party be?