inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Had to re-scape the tank. Pistol shrimp did some moving and shaking. The result looks alright.

27021268716_fb0457d45f_b.jpg

Had a party at home yesterday. I love having friends crowd the tank :wub:

27065015922_84b348823b_b.jpg

Sunlight hits the tank early mornings now

26839774062_001e2d591a_b.jpg

• Like 14

Wow. How long have you had those large SPS colonies, like that green staghorn? Amazing color and growth.

Thanks. It used be a LOT bigger. I gave away frags that were colonies recently, and have been fragging that thing for 3 years.

Here's my starter frag picture from Jan 2012 :lol:

IMG_3745.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks. It used be a LOT bigger. I gave away frags that were colonies recently, and have been fragging that thing for 3 years.

IMG_3745.JPG

That was the original stag frag?! :o

IMG_3745.JPG

Such a cute little baby :wub:

It looks awesome now, though :D

• Like 1

HOLY SHIT! is anybody watching Neptune Live on FB?

They just revealed the new Apex and IT HAS WIFI!!!!!

I watched it,

not enough for me to upgrade and the new power bar's features really only benefit the in house modules - i do like that all the outlets are all relays now.

I watched it,

not enough for me to upgrade and the new power bar's features really only benefit the in house modules - i do like that all the outlets are all relays now.

pros and cons. I like that the display is optional. It's priced well at $800. The gold is now $550 so that's pretty awesome, it is discontinued however it is not obsolete.

They were running a $100 off promotion this past week. Guess it should be down to $550 now. The new units start shipping in June. Right at RAP-NY. You're coming right?

pros and cons. I like that the display is optional. It's priced well at $800. The gold is now $550 so that's pretty awesome, it is discontinued however it is not obsolete.

They were running a $100 off promotion this past week. Guess it should be down to $550 now. The new units start shipping in June. Right at RAP-NY. You're coming right?

yeah - just sucks if anybody bought the gold lately lol

• Like 1

FINALLY!!!!! How much was it....can I buy just the core module thingy??

The system is $800. It's replacing the gold so you get the brain, a new energy bar, display is optional. I forget what else you get

The system is $800. It's replacing the gold so you get the brain, a new energy bar, display is optional. I forget what else you get

they should sell just a wifi module. if i didn't already buy their DOS module, i will switch in a heartbeat to something else. i am still not able to keep my Apex online and i tried several different wifi extenders. POS.

Just placed my first order for Aqua Craft salt.

Wondering how your parameters have tested on AQ salt. I gave up on it after two boxes in a row tested horribly deficient for Mag, the worst of these two tested at 840 consistently and the Calcium would precipitate in the mixing bucket because it was so low. The other tested at around the 1000 mark, neither anywhere close to what is considered good for reefing. I got tired of having to dose Mag in my water change water before adding to tank. I also noticed that it left a very sticky film on my arm after reaching into the tank and left my skin with a mild burning sensation. Have you seen any of these issues?