Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Well, let me know if it grows back. I haven't seen it grow back once it is gone, most likely because of the algae I guess.

Will do. It grew back on the Kat, hope it does on the slimer as well.

Mariaface

H2O2 did nothing! That poor cap suffered in vain! Bright side, the polyps are all-out-happy anyway, so it should color up more soon.

• Like 1
teenyreef

Looks fantastic! I love love love the colors that Apollo is showing now :wub:

The corals aren't too shabby either B)

• Like 1

Awesome, and the color on that wrasse is fantastic.

I almost forgot what color the Katropora was ... I wonder if mine will ever color back up.

I find it interesting your PO4 is so high and yet the Kat is in full color. All the acro colors look really saturated, much better than a lot of the low nutrient tanks.

• Like 1
JavaJacketOC

A local fish seller is doing a group buy on rhomboids, 220 for a pair with a super male or 80.00 for females only :scarry:

pokerdobe

:P I meant the type (I can never find someone with the same type of hydroids, except maybe the beginning of polarcollision's tank).

They seem to crowd wherever food can settle, so I can see algae being a great place. The white looking masses that kind of branch/run and have a tiny bulb at each end? The camera probably didn't pick up the tiny hairs sticking out of each bulb..

I too suffer from these hydroids.

Mariaface

I too suffer from these hydroids.

Mine are slowly starving out, but that means everyone else is, too.

• Like 1
Mariaface

Show some pics of the little monsters.

I'll try! I completely forgot to break out the camera and take photos last night; I was going to bring them with me to drinks :c

pokerdobe

Mine are slowly starving out, but that means everyone else is, too.

I've been chipping away the rock they're on, whenever they pop up. If I can't reach it with a chisel and hammer, then it gets superglued shut.

I can't tell if I'm winning or losing this fight.

Mariaface

I've been chipping away the rock they're on, whenever they pop up. If I can't reach it with a chisel and hammer, then it gets superglued shut.

I can't tell if I'm winning or losing this fight.

If you're using the term 'superglued shut', we're probably not talking about the same type of hydroid. I do have the colonial ones that you're talking about, with the tube, but they're in a tiny harmless patch on one rock. The ones I'm talking about love to spread via runners or whatever their voodoo is, and they look feathery and don't have a tube. Three or four of them managed to make a dead spot on my setosa frag, and I had to slather glue on top of them. It looks like the setosa flesh is already trying to grow in that direction again.

pokerdobe

If you're using the term 'superglued shut', we're probably not talking about the same type of hydroid. I do have the colonial ones that you're talking about, with the tube, but they're in a tiny harmless patch on one rock. The ones I'm talking about love to spread via runners or whatever their voodoo is, and they look feathery and don't have a tube. Three or four of them managed to make a dead spot on my setosa frag, and I had to slather glue on top of them. It looks like the setosa flesh is already trying to grow in that direction again.

By superglue, I mean slathering the entire area.

Mine look like this:

un.jpg

Mariaface

By superglue, I mean slathering the entire area.

Mine look like this:

un.jpg

Cool, so we're on the same page :P

Mine are really similar, but the fans are a little more wispy if that makes sense, and they're shorter and build off of 'runners'.

Mariaface

My Copperband would have a field day with your hydroid scourge.

Oh, I'll live - I'm just going to order from Gulf Live Rock overnight next week. Get those rocks cycled, start sanitizing corals and transferring them over once cycled, and quarantining/medicating a couple new fish for two months while I wait for possible ick spores to die out on the new rocks.

• Like 1

No mo frag rack. Thanks Benny. :)

Also made some changes to coral placement. Can you spot the difference? :)

Before

I like the new fish placements.

m7AVchs.jpg

• Like 12
Mariaface

Show some pics of the little monsters.

I even scraped the glass to get a clear shot, man. Obviously still not clear but that's my camera challengedness..

5GC5xrKh.jpg

• Like 1