Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

jedimasterben

But let's be honest, my tank is smaller, and I dose three drops at a time :P

Then again, I have zero SPS colonies in the tank to lose by dropping shit too fast, so there is that.

• Like 3

When Benny says go slow, Benny means go slow. Benny never likes to go slow. Kat listen to Benny.

and you listen to Benny how often??!! LOL

slow if fine in this case, but you should not have issues going a little faster.

• Like 2

and you listen to Benny how often??!! LOL

slow if fine in this case, but you should not have issues going a little faster.

I listen to him every single day. He's like google, type something and you get a million hits.

Don't forget the testing !

:)

Good gosh Papa of Harry.

Alk was 7.4 today. Does not mean it dropped due to Phosphate Rx. My alk has been between 7.5 and 8 in recent memory.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Alk was 7.4 today. Does not mean it dropped due to Phosphate Rx. My alk has been between 7.5 and 8 in recent memory.

Good that you're starting to keep track :)

Can you measure at roughly the same time of day tomorrow, and the next day? etc, until you see the alk drop, that is, it shouldn't fluctuate much otherwise as long as your dosers are spot on.

Hangin' out. He is most certainly looking for an escape hatch.

This is quite a skittish fish for his size, my 6 line was a bold guy even when he was little. He wasn't a jerk by any means, but I'm learning that this wrasse is quite the scaredy kat.

26772624026_75832e6322_k.jpg

26524993350_82246a59b9_k.jpg

Porites growing on the glass....

26798313465_7cf9034b6f_k.jpg

Or you can just keep using GFO, that's fine too :P

I didn't take it offline - should I?

• Like 3
jedimaster1138

I listen to him every single day. He's like google, type something and you get a million hits.

Good gosh Papa of Harry.

Good that you're starting to keep track :)

Can you measure at roughly the same time of day tomorrow, and the next day? etc, until you see the alk drop, that is, it shouldn't fluctuate much otherwise as long as your dosers are spot on.

I'll just leave this here for your Kat. It will help.

http://bfy.tw/5a9e

jedimaster1138

Just placed my first order for Aqua Craft salt.

Never heard of it.

Remember how I told you that I had been neglecting my reef (duh) and as a result nitrate had risen, and then alkalinity a bunch too? Then back down and now getting adjusted again? Well take that as an example to test and log the holy hell out of your alkalinity levels because now my M. setosa is dumping flesh. You have a giant, awesome setosa colony. Don't dick around. Order more test kits if you have to. Just make sure you:

Measure.

Alkalinity.

Daily.

• Like 4

Y'all calm down.

2a56a9c4d9e13bbffc9114df5c2995bf.gif

Never heard of it.

Remember how I told you that I had been neglecting my reef (duh) and as a result nitrate had risen, and then alkalinity a bunch too? Then back down and now getting adjusted again? Well take that as an example to test and log the holy hell out of your alkalinity levels because now my M. setosa is dumping flesh. You have a giant, awesome setosa colony. Don't dick around. Order more test kits if you have to. Just make sure you:

Measure.

Alkalinity.

Daily.

Calm down papa. Deep breaths.

why the change?

and also never heard of it...

Heard great things about it. So.

65844a5e7c3fa34425c6afb2184ce7a9.jpg

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

You'll like it. I'm having great luck with Marine Enterprises salt right now. Back in the 80s it was Marine Environment, Marine Enterprises or that other shit and I DO mean SHIT!!

jedimaster1138

Y'all calm down.

2a56a9c4d9e13bbffc9114df5c2995bf.gif

Calm down papa. Deep breaths.

The professional coral sellers test daily...some twice a day. They have 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars invested in their livestock and millions invested in their customers. You have BILLIONS invested emotionally in your tank. You're making a major change by dosing something that can dramatically change 2 critical levels. Actually alkalinity might be more than critical. It might be the single most important parameter in a reef tank, and it's also the easiest to screw up.

Save yourself the headache, the ulcer and the gray hair and invest 25$ in the kits, and use em. Peace of mind has no cost.

And let me know what happens because i'm interested in this experiment with LC and want to live vicariously through you :-p

• Like 2