Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

holy carp

I even scraped the glass to get a clear shot, man. Obviously still not clear but that's my camera challengedness..

5GC5xrKh.jpg

Those look like snail fur. Are they pink? I had something like those on one of my snails, but they later disappeared.

Happy Mother's Day. My nephew made me an e-card on an app and texted it to me from like 3 feet away this morning. :rolleyes:

My niece gave me a mason jar full of 10 reasons why she loves me. :wub:

Went to Montclaire State University where my pseudo children study on the weekends in the gifted and talented program. They are 11 and 8. My niece had a circuitry class this semester so I saw her explain a circuit board, then they built a battery circuit motor and made a copper coil spin. Then she had an "explosive science" class where there were a lot of volcanoes. My nephew has Astrophysics, a few weeks back we had gone for a night time viewing of Jupiter and the space station flew by as well. His professor is a former NASA mission speciality. His other class was chemistry in foods and at the end of class they made ice cream which was a lesson in emulsifiers.

Then they took me to the LFS so I bought some food for my 13 fishy children.

Then they took me to lunch and we had pizza.

:)

Friday night some of us got together for drinks in Manhattan. That was a nice evening, a few of us went on to have dinner together and then more drinks, and then some more drinks. Aiyayiyayi.

• Like 9
Mariaface

Friday night some of us got together for drinks in Manhattan. That was a nice evening, a few of us went on to have dinner together and then more drinks, and then some more drinks. Aiyayiyayi.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

I didn't miss much after leaving the 'more more drinks', did I? :P

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :happy:

Those are hydroids and my little guy would nom them to pieces, lol.

+1 Hydroids

Stinky, what do you have that will eat hydroids?

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :happy:

+1 Hydroids

Stinky, what do you have that will eat hydroids?

Little bitty Copperband butterflys. They LOVE them.

Where's da fiyaah?!

I've been caught up with some freelance projects that I recently took on. This week has been ultra busy, I like being busy.

Tank is doing well. Got my order of AquaCraft salt yesterday and it has been mixing, so time to use it today. MIchael Del Prete the owner asked me to measure the parameters in the new mix before using the water so I'll be doing that. New phosphate kit arrived, my old was expired. Never thought I would be excited to do a water change.

The fuge conversion to frag tank is okay - not terribly great. There is a lot of flow but I have algae on the fuge walls and also on the frag racks in the shaded portions which is strange. I have an over abundance of snails in the DT so I moved a couple in there.

My clownfish spawned! :o And I didn't notice so I reached in there and straightened out their goniopora which was on it's side. :blush: I hope I haven't messed up their mojo but no way to tell till they are ready to lay again in 10 days or so.

Been making frags and trying to get my tank to pay for the luxuries it takes for granted :lol:

I will say though that the color on the frags in the fuge is some kind of awesome. They were getting lower PAR in the DT due to them being on the sides and they are getting much more in the fuge.

• Like 5

Does anyone actually know what Kat does?

500+ pages of reading later and I'm going with alcoholic designer/distributor/jetsetter with a penchant for her polydactyl sidekick. Her busy schedule coincides with why her tank parameters are always out of whack until she gets her fix of coral crack (reason why she's always rescaping her tank at the odd hours of the day).

• Like 4

500+ pages of reading later and I'm going with alcoholic designer/distributor/jetsetter with a penchant for her polydactyl sidekick. Her busy schedule coincides with why her tank parameters are always out of whack until she gets her fix of coral crack (reason why she's always rescaping her tank at the odd hours of the day).

This. So much this.

• Like 2

Sounds about right! :)

EDIT: Speaking of alcoholic - more happy hours, please!

..Though I'll have to go get a new NJ ID.

Ughhh the DMV

Those look like snail fur. Are they pink? I had something like those on one of my snails, but they later disappeared.

Oh, I've seen snail fur - my banded trochus has a light layer. You're looking at a monti cap frag there..

Can I add coral dealer to that list? I'm interested in a piece of the katropora (A. subulata), but have yet to find a source for it (no hits on the other thread). I've even stalked DD for the last couple of weeks and have come up blank. Finally got around to setting the tank up and have been slowly adding sps to it and that piece looks like a must have.

Add me to the list whatever place in line that is. I'll even swap you for something from this coast when the time comes up (Oregon tort, orenji danae, icefire echinata; all OG lineaged after I grow them out a bit).

Sounds about right! :)

EDIT: Speaking of alcoholic - more happy hours, please!

..Though I'll have to go get a new NJ ID.

Ughhh the DMV

doooo eeeet Maria. You'll need it for the flight to MACNA anyway girl, they will not let you board without a valid ID.

Can I add coral dealer to that list? I'm interested in a piece of the katropora (A. subulata), but have yet to find a source for it (no hits on the other thread). I've even stalked DD for the last couple of weeks and have come up blank. Finally got around to setting the tank up and have been slowly adding sps to it and that piece looks like a must have.

Add me to the list whatever place in line that is. I'll even swap you for something from this coast when the time comes up (Oregon tort, orenji danae, icefire echinata; all OG lineaged after I grow them out a bit).

:D Okay I'll keep you posted on the Katropora, I did get your message on the other thread but I haven't logged in all week TBH.

Jill of all trades, Master of Reefing. ;)

Some trades. But not a master of reefing. Today I 'stirred' up a controversy on Marine Depots instagram. About vacuuming the sandbed, NanoSapien will be proud of the way I'm defending the husbandry. A few ppl are aghast that I'm removing all my bacteria and beneficial critters. :rolleyes:

• Like 8

doooo eeeet Maria. You'll need it for the flight to MACNA anyway girl, they will not let you board without a valid ID.

Today I 'stirred' up a controversy on Marine Depots instagram. About vacuuming the sandbed, NanoSapien will be proud of the way I'm defending the husbandry. A few ppl are aghast that I'm removing all my bacteria and beneficial critters. :rolleyes:

I will! But I also have a handy-dandy passport card (figured 'why not' when I took the citizenship exam). Good for the CONUS, Canada, and Mexico. ..I'm pretty sure.

YOU TELL 'EM!

But also I acknowledge the husbandry involved in having a sandbed, and also acknowledge that I am not that person - barebottom it is! :P

Cencalfishguy56

I will! But I also have a handy-dandy passport card (figured 'why not' when I took the citizenship exam). Good for the CONUS, Canada, and Mexico. ..I'm pretty sure.

YOU TELL 'EM!

But also I acknowledge the husbandry involved in having a sandbed, and also acknowledge that I am not that person - barebottom it is! :P

barebottom defys the laws of nature ;)
  • Like 1
StinkyBunny

:D Okay I'll keep you posted on the Katropora, I did get your message on the other thread but I haven't logged in all week TBH.

Some trades. But not a master of reefing. Today I 'stirred' up a controversy on Marine Depots instagram. About vacuuming the sandbed, NanoSapien will be proud of the way I'm defending the husbandry. A few ppl are aghast that I'm removing all my bacteria and beneficial critters. :rolleyes:

You're doing just fine and if it's working for you, DO NOT change what you're doing. There's more than 1 way to keep a tank. My pistol shrimps keep the entire sand beds turned over and you know what? It damn well works.

A week?!?!? You left me alone for a week now it doesn't even have water in it anymore! Ok, that's a stretch, it does have water, and fish, and coral.... but a WEEK?!?!?!?!? I'm surprised my glass didn't break.

• Like 2

A week?!?!? You left me alone for a week now it doesn't even have water in it anymore! Ok, that's a stretch, it does have water, and fish, and coral.... but a WEEK?!?!?!?!? I'm surprised my glass didn't break.

:blush:

• Like 1