Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Wondering how your parameters have tested on AQ salt. I gave up on it after two boxes in a row tested horribly deficient for Mag, the worst of these two tested at 840 consistently and the Calcium would precipitate in the mixing bucket because it was so low. The other tested at around the 1000 mark, neither anywhere close to what is considered good for reefing. I got tired of having to dose Mag in my water change water before adding to tank. I also noticed that it left a very sticky film on my arm after reaching into the tank and left my skin with a mild burning sensation. Have you seen any of these issues?

Wow, I'll check on the params. I haven't done much of a water change in terms of volume yet. I used to use Neomarine which burns a lot and that is due to the magnesium in it. So I'm curious why this one burns but has low magnesium. Hasn't burned my skin yet I'm just commenting on your observations. I'll measure and see what the salt tests at.

Tanks looking awesome Kat!

Thanks!! Hope you'll come for the next round of drinks we have.

Silver and orange? I'll pass. :P

:lol:

• Like 1
JavaJacketOC

#holdthedoor

:(

I'm a little lost with the hole "Children" story line but I really hope they continue to explain it...poor Hodor though.

I'm a little lost with the hole "Children" story line but I really hope they continue to explain it...poor Hodor though.

yea. I don't understand several story lines, or don't care for them.

-Arya Stark and the whole 'has no name' plot

-Bran Stark and what's he about, why is he always in danger - I mean Arya stark was blind and in full view of everybody and nobody finds her but this kid is always being chased

-Greyjoys - stupid. So now they flee. And then what.

• Like 2

yea. I don't understand several story lines, or don't care for them.

-Arya Stark and the whole 'has no name' plot

-Bran Stark and what's he about, why is he always in danger - I mean Arya stark was blind and in full view of everybody and nobody finds her but this kid is always being chased

-Greyjoys - stupid. So now they flee. And then what.

Arya - Like this side-plot, and think she's going to play a big role when she gets disillusioned by the Faceless Man's club.

Bran - Don't like Bran either. He was okay as an 8 year old falling off roofs, but he's all tall and creepy now, in a very Macaulay Culkin way. The magic in this part of the story is pretty hokie, but the TV show has made good use of it in order to provide more backstory/history that people who didn't read the book wouldn't have access to.

Greyjoys - Theon's redemption song is coming. Standby...

Arya - Like this side-plot, and think she's going to play a big role when she gets disillusioned by the Faceless Man's club.

Bran - Don't like Bran either. He was okay as an 8 year old falling off roofs, but he's all tall and creepy now, in a very Macaulay Culkin way. The magic in this part of the story is pretty hokie, but the TV show has made good use of it in order to provide more backstory/history that people who didn't read the book wouldn't have access to.

Greyjoys - Theon's redemption song is coming. Standby...

Arya might be the queen that Maggy the frog warned Cersei about. Although Starks are not royal blood, so how can that be unless she marries into the throne.

Theon, he won't be great again, he might be remembered though, if his redemption song comes.

How's your red planet doing?

Turd planet. Total turd. Did I say turd? Yup, turd.

• Like 1
JavaJacketOC

Arya might be the queen that Maggy the frog warned Cersei about. Although Starks are not royal blood, so how can that be unless she marries into the throne.

Theon, he won't be great again, he might be remembered though, if his redemption song comes.

Turd planet. Total turd. Did I say turd? Yup, turd.

I'm not sure I see Arya rising to power. Her story line leads me to believe she'll enact great change but not necessarily benefit from it. I feel like she's playing the game to be one of the many faced god's followers but given the opportunity I think she'll return to her own agenda and pay for it with her life.

Sorry about the red planet. The one I picked up is still a nice pink but I'm starting to see hints of green in pictures. I have it in a relatively high light area but the red hasn't intensified.

Theon will help win the north for the Stark's, at least I hope that's what happens.

I'm not sure I see Arya rising to power. Her story line leads me to believe she'll enact great change but not necessarily benefit from it. I feel like she's playing the game to be one of the many faced god's followers but given the opportunity I think she'll return to her own agenda and pay for it with her life.

Sorry about the red planet. The one I picked up is still a nice pink but I'm starting to see hints of green in pictures. I have it in a relatively high light area but the red hasn't intensified.

Theon will help win the north for the Stark's, at least I hope that's what happens.

Mine was a vibrant green with cranberry pink before it became a turd.

• Like 2
Pinner Reef

I love my APEX but the lack of some common features and processing power is a little silly, especially for the price.

I can't trust a single person person in that video! First, they speak of how much they're trying to "save the hobbyist" when it comes to controllers; yet they currently have the highest priced controllers on the market. But the real "deal breaker" were the aquariums in the backgrounds... For shame on those promoters.

Hi Kat! Sorry for being a Debbie Downer upon my return. :(

• Like 1

I can't trust a single person person in that video! First, they speak of how much they're trying to "save the hobbyist" when it comes to controllers; yet they currently have the highest priced controllers on the market. But the real "deal breaker" were the aquariums in the backgrounds... For shame on those promoters.

Hi Kat! Sorry for being a Debbie Downer upon my return. :(

No worries Pinner. It's a promo video - nobody was gonna say hey that display looked like a nintendo game boy, right?

Pinner Reef

No worries Pinner. It's a promo video - nobody was gonna say hey that display looked like a nintendo game boy, right?

Dunno... Every Seachem employee at the central offices has an aquarium; and all of them that I have seen are badass. FW, but still, badass. I just can't trust a manufacturer who doesn't make good use of their own products.

• Like 1
blizzardscout2

Wow I love your tank. It reminds me of a smaller cube at my LFS that I have always admired (similar stock), just without the artistic touch you added to yours. It looks amazing and is something I aspire to someday. Cheers!

• Like 1

I'll promise to build a new world for us two

With you in the middle

The Middle

27096354812_b96093205d_b.jpg

Looks beautiful! I like how all the fish seem to be holding still while they pose for the picture :)

• Like 1

Looks beautiful! I like how all the fish seem to be holding still while they pose for the picture :)

I waved the beating stick and said "stupify"

Ahem.

Blacklight party at Kat's place!

But more importantly: Tank's looking great, Kat!

:lol: I'm going to take the pic tonight with the big girl camera, these were cellphone

Wow I love your tank. It reminds me of a smaller cube at my LFS that I have always admired (similar stock), just without the artistic touch you added to yours. It looks amazing and is something I aspire to someday. Cheers!

Thank you for your kind words.

:wub:

:)

• Like 2