Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Oh, I do know what I'm talking about then? lol, good to know.

Yes, and the street 90 can be cut down carefully as well to decrease its size as well if needed. ;)

Yeah, I didn't even think about a street elbow honestly.

Understandable most of the time don't really need it... here it is pretty much required.

• Like 1

Kat, if you order one of those PVC bulkheads you'll need a 1/2"

which won't fit the rest of the things without adapter and stuff.

Since when you people run bulkheads on there overflow box? I see it all the time on the back glass but never on the actual overflow box.

People do. I didn't think I had to so I was surprised.

aquafuge_outlet_adapt.jpg

Since when you people run bulkheads on there overflow box? I see it all the time on the back glass but never on the actual overflow box.

If it leaks it leaks into the overflow box not down the back of the tank and it allows for a sexy clean back wall. I had the miracle done this way as well, comes out the side of the overflow box.

Thanks ninja it's $15 on that site.

That won't fit your hole properly.... measure your hole.... lol The BRS bulkheads might not even fit they are thicker then standard bulkheads I believe....

That is the plan. Except the hole is 1.5 inches and needs a bulkhead to plug up. I have all these 3/4 inch fittings except the female bulkhead and threaded elbow.

You run a 1/2" to 3/4" threaded x slip elbow off the bulkhead.

That's a possibility.

1/2" PVC and 3/4" ABS require a 35mm hole. But as Kat said then nothing would fit but, she could run a 1/2" to 3/4" threaded x slip elbow off the bulkhead. I still vote for cutting the damn bulkhead.

If it leaks it leaks into the overflow box not down the back of the tank and it allows for a sexy clean back wall. I had the miracle done this way as well, comes out the side of the overflow box.

That won't fit your hole properly.... measure your hole.... lol

I had my new tank done the same way my overflow box looks just like hers plus 1 hole. But you don't install a ####ing bulkhead into your overflow box for a return. You install a threaded locline connector to a threaded to slip 90.

That won't fit your hole properly.... measure your hole.... lol The BRS bulkheads might not even fit they are thicker then standard bulkheads I believe....

In another lifetime I will standardise all fittings!

The hole is 1.5inches. Cut to accept a standard 3/4" bulkhead.

1/2" PVC and 3/4" ABS require a 35mm hole. But as Kat said then nothing would fit but, she could run a 1/2" to 3/4" threaded x slip elbow off the bulkhead. I still vote for cutting the damn bulkhead.

I'm cutting the damn bulkhead. You've convinced me.

I had my new tank done the same way my overflow box looks just like hers plus 1 hole. But you don't install a ####ing bulkhead into your overflow box for a return. You install a threaded locline connector to a threaded to slip 90.

I had planned for that, expecting a 3/4 inch hole. They sure surprised me with the 1.5" hole.

That is the plan. Except the hole is 1.5 inches and needs a bulkhead to plug up. I have all these 3/4 inch fittings except the female bulkhead and threaded elbow.That's a possibility.
Yeah that's not right I have never saw a 1.5 inch hole in a overflow box for a return :(. Hope you get it figured out.

In another lifetime I will standardise all fittings! The hole is 1.5inches. Cut to accept a standard 3/4" bulkhead.I'm cutting the damn bulkhead. You've convinced me.I had planned for that, expecting a 3/4 inch hole. They sure surprised me with the 1.5" hole.
:( sorry to hear this.
  • Like 1

Hers might work that way but I don't think so....

I wanted the bulkhead and needed it really as my box is bigger and a threaded elbow wouldn't be enough to reach the overflow box lol

Yeah I wonder why they drilled it that way. They probably got confused when you said 3/4" return and drilled that big ass hole for a 3/4" bulkhead. I do agree they should have just drilled it to accept 3/4" locline. If you're cutting it, I'd say get a threaded x slip though, if you were to use a threaded x threaded and cut it, you may mess up the inner threads.

• Like 2

Yeah I wonder why they drilled it that way. They probably got confused when you said 3/4" return and drilled that big ass hole for a 3/4" bulkhead. I do agree they should have just drilled it to accept 3/4" locline. If you're cutting it, I'd say get a threaded x slip though, if you were to use a threaded x threaded and cut it, you may mess up the inner threads.

You're probably right about the confusion they had on the hole size for this. I might get both threaded and thread slip to try out. Sucks that everything has to be shipped and returning it not worth the postage.

Congrats on the tank arriving safely Cat. I lurked in your other tanks thread, so no doubt this one will be a hell of a ride too. Following the progress carefully.

Thank you, and welcome.

Oh. Another first. Made my first 2 PVC cuts using my ratcheting PVC cutter.

egyptian.gif

Nobody said I had to sit on it to make it work. :angry:

• Like 2