Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I've been staring at this carpet for the last hour. The carpet is shorter than the alcove, if I move it all the way to the right , like you see in the picture, this leaves the electrical cabinet on the bare floor. If I move it all the way to the left it is visually more appealing but is it wise to do that under the electrical cabinet? And having it in the middle was the original plan. What do you folks think?

20141114_151334.jpg

Do I see saphire glass? Love it already.

Yesuh. on all FOUR sides. ;)

• Like 1

If you've followed my other builds, you know I always cycle with a catfish. :)

2014-11-14.jpg

2014-11-14%2520%25281%2529.jpg

That sure isn't the glass they claim to use on there Artisian tanks. Looks good glad it made it safe and sound.

Hi Lawn!!! I got lucky, the FedEx guy uncrated it for me. And it's not the glass that comes standard? Hmmm, maybe Chinese starphire is different than American starphire?

• Like 11
If you've followed my other builds, you know I always cycle with a catfish. :)2014-11-14.jpg2014-11-14%20%281%29.jpgHi Lawn!!! I got lucky, the FedEx guy uncrated it for me. And it's not the glass that comes standard? Hmmm, maybe Chinese starphire is different than American starphire?
Hell no look at my glass color. http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Lwnman/media/Snapbucket/FA23AB42.jpg.html'>FA23AB42.jpg

The new one will be 100% PPG Starphire fo shizzle.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Nice! Now you can really get rolling on this build now that the tank and sump made it safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I love cats. Always gotta know what's going on. It literally never fails, whenever I do anything new or bring anything new home the cat has to investigate it.

Dogs as well. My pup has to inspect everything that comes in the house.

• Like 1

Hell no look at my glass color. FA23AB42.jpg

The new one will be 100% PPG Starphire fo shizzle.

I'm wondering if it is in the way it is cut.... my tank is starphire but some pieces have green to the ends, but other ends on the same pieces are crystal clear. Kinda weird..... But I see the green in Kats top glass cuts as well.

Looking through Starphire is where the real test is, as it is perfectly clear with 0 distortion/ green tint.... colors don't change like with standard especially cheap standard glass.

20141114_124252.jpg

20141114_130927.jpg

Lawn those don't look like ur "bulkheads" either... almost look like uniseals :wacko: