Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I have always wanted to try a velcro wall.

Kat, Have you considered putting in blocks that will allow you to use the mounting brackets?

Yes, I'm headed to the Horror Depot tomorrow to get some blocks.

Newb!

I admit it! Anthias newb here.

I'm not talking about shims. What I was suggesting is to actually use the bolt mounts as they were designed. Screw some blocks into the cabinet from the back then mount the the outlets to them

I'm not talking about shims. What I was suggesting is to actually use the bolt mounts as they were designed. Screw some blocks into the cabinet from the back then mount the the outlets to them

Yes I gotcha the first time and yes I'm going to HD tomorrow, I need 7 inch blocks to screw the boxes into.

• Like 1
NirvanaandTool

Man I miss a lot in one night. At least 2 Kate gifs.

Still love the Sunburst

fathead-sunburst-anthias-serranocirrhitu

Love those guys too. And the larger Stocky anthias too.

IMO a much better option for a rare Anthias is a Odontanthias fuscipinnis, because they're badass. But I would look into smaller anthias. I like Pseudanthias parvirostris, Luzonichthys sp. (Hard to keep) and Nemanthias carberryi.

Those are also nice.

The carberryi are pretty cool anthias. Really you can't go wrong with most of the species.

Anyone snag these guys last night on DD?

_cfimg1229990499444253400.PNG

• Like 1

I like Carberri. Not going to be ready for Anthias for a while, at least several months. So I can look, learn, and be comfortable in my fishy choices in the meantime.

Painted the alcove last night. Needs a touchup in one area, waiting for the handyman to reposition the outlets then I will go over it with a roller again.

I had originally painted the wall 4 weeks ago. And I wrapped the roller without washing in cling wrap then several plastic bags. It stayed moist and I used it just fine last night. :)

Headed to HD again today. The RO tubing I got is the wrong size and need those shims, velcro, blocks.

At some point this weekend I have to get to Michael's and get some tulle for the screen cover.

• Like 5

And today's Home Depot haul.

White shims!! See that Lawn?

And I had them cut the wood for me, yeah yeah yeah y'all know they do it but this was my first time. I should have told him to keep cutting it was so much fun watching the guy use that big machine thing. I need one of those!

20141113_153505.jpg

• Like 3

If there is one thing you don't want it's one of home depot's shitty non straight cutting saws. Maybe the one you went to has a good but the one near me is a joke to have anything cut

• Like 1

So the 7 inch cuts of the wood almost worked out. They were not wide enough :( I had measured the ADJ and the sticker on the pallet the wood was in matched in width but i guess something was off. Anyway the ADJs are installed using one screw hole. They seem steady. I suppose if they show signs of being wobbly I could get a wider plank cut and screw them in in the same holes. But for now it works.

20141113_163545.jpg

20141113_183508.jpg

The shims were too thin, now that the gap in the front is much bigger after being screwed in. I have a spare piece of white particle board that i need to cut. It has been a colossal pain to cut it from experience. ugh.

• Like 3

She's a self absorbed, vile, evil woman. Nothing good has come from her and she deserves every bit of the photoshops people have been attempting to break the net with.

• Like 7