Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

It's actually all thanks to Lawn that I have standard fittings.

Glad to hear something good came of that, did you request them or did they learn their mistake? lol

Incase you missed it since I've clearly missed it..... which BM skimmer is that? :)

Tank looks great, but those doors are irritating me, remind me to much of my own that need to be aligned lol

Glad to hear something good came of that, did you request them or did they learn their mistake? lol

Incase you missed it since I've clearly missed it..... which BM skimmer is that? :)

Tank looks great, but those doors are irritating me, remind me to much of my own that need to be aligned lol

Skimmer is BM-180A

The door hinges might need adjusting.

I specifically requested american standard fittings and drilled holes after what happened to Lawn. He guided me all the way.

• Like 2

Skimmer is BM-180A

Nice, I love that skimmer used to run it on my 70g. I run a couple of its big brother, the BM-220A on a couple tanks now.... I don't wanna post the huge pic here and distract from your sexiness but I posted a skimmer cup comparison of those two and my SCA-302 in my 40B thread if you wanna check it out (its a page or two back). The 180 is a beast, but the 220 is a serious monster LOL

The door hinges might need adjusting.

Yeah probably got a little shifted in shipping, shouldn't be to bad for ya :)

I specifically requested american standard fittings and drilled holes after what happened to Lawn. He guided me all the way.

Good call, definitely to beautiful of a tank not to do it right!

• Like 2

I still don't understand why the corner overflow isn't standard on the 36x18x18. No one wants an ugly center overflow. I made a thread in the cadlights section a while back, and per usual, their response made no sense as to why they don't.

Looks awesome

• Like 1
Skimmer is BM-180AThe door hinges might need adjusting. I specifically requested american standard fittings and drilled holes after what happened to Lawn. He guided me all the way.
There are a few screws on the hinges to fix that. I messed around with mine and got the doors centered.

:wub: This tank is just beautiful.20141114_191742.jpg
If you look at the reflection in the overflow it looks like a naked lady with her back to the tank :lol:
  • Like 10

I finally reached the end of this thread! I've been trying to catch up for two days now and every time I thought I got to the last page, another Kate Upton.

Kat, your ghetto-ness inspired me to fix my kinked return line with the proper parts after running it for a year.

NorthGaHillbilly

Anybody have a link to 3/4" low profile female threaded bulkheads?

low profile in what way? the back side of the bulkhead? if so take a dremel to the back and chop em shorter

• Like 1

716z%2BxCwbkL._SL1500_.jpg

Just make sure not to use PVC pipe cutters on them, they are more brittle than PVC and will shatter

lol, last option to dremel or saw them. The short bulkheads are available, just need to find the right size and threads

NorthGaHillbilly

lol, last option to dremel or saw them. The short bulkheads are available, just need to find the right size and threads

Yes'm. Did you ever find your white vinyl hose? the local pool supply place claimed they have it, im going to check this weekend.

Those will likely take days (especially now that its the weekend.... unless you have a LFS with some on hand...) dremel is quick and can be done tomorrow if you don't already have one to just do it now ;)

• Like 1