inTank Media Baskets

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Some progression shots and rising from the "dead"

I had this in October

27CC29B4-CB5E-4B6F-9E77-B1ED57643CB2.jpg

Turned it completely brown and thought it was going to die. got green coming back in January

81C46362-D915-4850-9D09-58A2AFD84E47.jpg

Now it's totally green today! Obviously different lighting in this last picture but the whole frag is a nice green even in whiter lights

F93DAC3F-E228-4334-95D4-62B0842766DA.jpg

My secret to get color back. Stop caring. No really I didn't do a water change for about 3 weeks and just stopped cleaning the tank. Just moved the tank this week so we'll see how it progresses from here

• Like 9

My secret to get color back. Stop caring. No really I didn't do a water change for about 3 weeks and just stopped cleaning the tank. Just moved the tank this week so we'll see how it progresses from here

Interesting. I'm still not exactly sure why mine browned other than high phosphates and a KH spike, but green is a good sign.

Mine has lost some color since 10 days ago, I think I dropped Phosphates too fast, they're now 0 on a salifert test kit. Nitrates are still 30+. Best I can tell I've had very little growth, if any.

uOCNpA.jpg

• Like 3

Phosphates 0.05

Nitrates, um ...

bZ7NRK.jpg

I laughed when I saw this...looks just like my card right now and I freaked out when I saw it since I hear how SPS can't tolerate nitrates but everything in my tank looks just fine. Glad to see that it's not affecting your tank besides the bubble algae (I'm also stuck with cyano for the time being).

SouthFlorida_Tron

Get all signs of bubble algae out asap before it really starts to over populate your rocks... I'm still finding one or two bubbles a week in random spots of the tank... almost eradicated but the fight goes on!

• Like 2

Get all signs of bubble algae out asap before it really starts to over populate your rocks... I'm still finding one or two bubbles a week in random spots of the tank... almost eradicated but the fight goes on!

I took out all the rock, all I have is bubble algae now. :)

I use bubble algae instead of glue.

I laughed when I saw this...looks just like my card right now and I freaked out when I saw it since I hear how SPS can't tolerate nitrates but everything in my tank looks just fine. Glad to see that it's not affecting your tank besides the bubble algae (I'm also stuck with cyano for the time being).

Yea, some of my corals look great, some appear as if they would be better with lower nitrates. Most all of them appear healthy though. I have to deal with bubble algae and a little cyano as well.

• Like 4

Interesting. I'm still not exactly sure why mine browned other than high phosphates and a KH spike, but green is a good sign.

Mine has lost some color since 10 days ago, I think I dropped Phosphates too fast, they're now 0 on a salifert test kit. Nitrates are still 30+. Best I can tell I've had very little growth, if any.

uOCNpA.jpg

Looking really good!!

• Like 1

I had this in October

27CC29B4-CB5E-4B6F-9E77-B1ED57643CB2.jpg

Turned it completely brown and thought it was going to die. got green coming back in January

81C46362-D915-4850-9D09-58A2AFD84E47.jpg

Now it's totally green today! Obviously different lighting in this last picture but the whole frag is a nice green even in whiter lights

F93DAC3F-E228-4334-95D4-62B0842766DA.jpg

This is exactly what happened to mine when I used the phosphate remover and nuked my tank… Lemme find those pics….

Brand new… beginning of November...

15557686247_d4692c7c13.jpg

After the mini-crash… around Thanksgiving...

16064525565_a045187e60.jpg

Tonight - it's really been encrusting onto that rock! Super bright green and just starting to get the polyp extension and purple back… :wub:

16458507481_80195ff5e6.jpg

• Like 3

This is exactly what happened to mine when I used the phosphate remover and nuked my tank… Lemme find those pics….

Brand new… beginning of November...

15557686247_d4692c7c13.jpg

After the mini-crash… around Thanksgiving...

16064525565_a045187e60.jpg

Tonight - it's really been encrusting onto that rock! Super bright green and just starting to get the polyp extension and purple back… :wub:

16458507481_80195ff5e6.jpg

Looks great!

Alive (whew!) and needing to color up. Some pieces have a green coming back, some are still brown, some are paler.

Glad to hear its holding in there!! Won't be long and it will be sexy again I'm sure ;)