Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

The green on mine is a bit pale but where it is encrusting is much brighter. Still recovering maybe? Too much light, is that possible?

It is otherwise healthy so I am just giving it time and trying to dial my tank in better.

I would also like to note... it is extremely hardy. I managed to kill a green slimer but Katropora just keeps growing.

Mine went bright green on the base about a month before the rest of it brightened.

If you killed a slimer it wasn't a slimer, just a green slimey acro. Either that or I have an unkillable green slimy acro and you killed a slimer.

Also keep in mind I have 150 gallons, so there's a lot more room for error. I was never able to grow acros in smaller tanks (except for the slimer). Talent issues. :D

• Like 3

Mine went bright green on the base about a month before the rest of it brightened.

If you killed a slimer it wasn't a slimer, just a green slimey acro. Either that or I have an unkillable green slimy acro and you killed a slimer.

Also keep in mind I have 150 gallons, so there's a lot more room for error. I was never able to grow acros in smaller tanks (except for the slimer). Talent issues. :D

Thats great news :) Hopefully the rest will color up then.

I promise I killed a slimer! I killed all the easy stuff....even a pocillopora and birdsnest :P I have a handful of acro's that survived just fine though. :huh:

• Like 5

I promise I killed a slimer! I killed all the easy stuff....even a pocillopora and birdsnest :P I have a handful of acro's that survived just fine though. :huh:

Same issue here. I swear acros are easier than the "easy" sps.

• Like 1

I like phosphates, I have 2 clams that agree with me. When I upgraded to my current tank, the environment was too clean, I actually dosed phosphate daily to get my corals to stop STNing.

I run the light for ~10 hours. T5s for about 6 hours

I agree cat. I know when i used to try and feed too little absolutely nothing in my tank would grow, become colorless and die. I'm a big believer in, if you feed your fish to keep them fat and happy everything else will fall into place. Just gotta make sure your nutrient export is up to snuff.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you! :flower: BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

My husband told me a few weeks ago he "nailed the birthday this year. Totally nailed it!"

I was apprehensive (I am an expert gift guesser) He said it was something for the tank and I thought, "OKay, he got me the DOS" and then he told me I should ask my dad for the DOS. SO then I was like, "Okay, he got me the upgrade driver for the vortechs." And he told me they were out of stock (makes sense with vortech and apex stuff) so he said my gift would either be early, or late, he didn't know which.

He told me yesterday to be on the look out for my gift today, and asked what my plans were. I told him, "I have the baby's class at 9 and then I was going to do some grocery shopping." To which he told me I could not got shopping. This is normal for him when something expensive is in the mail. So I told him it will be a quick trip, and he responded "NO, you will not go shopping. Its cruel to let living things stay in boxes longer then they need to."

Ah, the game begins! Now my curiosity was piqued. He said they only thing he could tell me about my gift was that we had discussed it before but not in earnest. He later (inadvertently) gave me another clue. "When does USPS usually deliver?" Now I had a carrier! And then I was thinking but Blue Zoo, Live Aquaria and Vivid Aquariums do not use USPS for shipping... Only reefcleaners. Not to knock reefcleaners, but what in God's name could they have that makes him think he "nailed it"? Then he gave me the tracking number. The box was shipped from New Jersey. I could not think of any retailer in Jersey. Kat did cross my mind as did Gena (who was crossed for living in SoCal and Kat, whose locale qualified, was crossed off because I assumed I was at the bottom of the list).

After I got home, the box was delivered as I was pulling in. I put the baby down for a nap, dialed my husband (per his instructions for box opening) and got the box. I looked at the return as I was talking to him and fighting with some expertly done taping. "Who the @#$% do I know named Kat that ships live stuff?" Was out of my mouth before it dawned on me. Derp, I just thought you liked cats. lol

Everything looks great and arrived nice and toasty. I will post pictures once they are in the tank! I AM SO GLAD TO FORMALLY JOIN YOUR CLUB! I love you both so much. :wub:

• Like 1

How are your other greens?

Greener than green.

all my greens are strong except the kat. Makes me think its just pissed still and recovering. No idea.

Thank you! :flower: BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

My husband told me a few weeks ago he "nailed the birthday this year. Totally nailed it!"

I was apprehensive (I am an expert gift guesser) He said it was something for the tank and I thought, "OKay, he got me the DOS" and then he told me I should ask my dad for the DOS. SO then I was like, "Okay, he got me the upgrade driver for the vortechs." And he told me they were out of stock (makes sense with vortech and apex stuff) so he said my gift would either be early, or late, he didn't know which.

He told me yesterday to be on the look out for my gift today, and asked what my plans were. I told him, "I have the baby's class at 9 and then I was going to do some grocery shopping." To which he told me I could not got shopping. This is normal for him when something expensive is in the mail. So I told him it will be a quick trip, and he responded "NO, you will not go shopping. Its cruel to let living things stay in boxes longer then they need to."

Ah, the game begins! Now my curiosity was piqued. He said they only thing he could tell me about my gift was that we had discussed it before but not in earnest. He later (inadvertently) gave me another clue. "When does USPS usually deliver?" Now I had a carrier! And then I was thinking but Blue Zoo, Live Aquaria and Vivid Aquariums do not use USPS for shipping... Only reefcleaners. Not to knock reefcleaners, but what in God's name could they have that makes him think he "nailed it"? Then he gave me the tracking number. The box was shipped from New Jersey. I could not think of any retailer in Jersey. Kat did cross my mind as did Gena (who was crossed for living in SoCal and Kat, whose locale qualified, was crossed off because I assumed I was at the bottom of the list).

After I got home, the box was delivered as I was pulling in. I put the baby down for a nap, dialed my husband (per his instructions for box opening) and got the box. I looked at the return as I was talking to him and fighting with some expertly done taping. "Who the @#$% do I know named Kat that ships live stuff?" Was out of my mouth before it dawned on me. Derp, I just thought you liked cats. lol

Everything looks great and arrived nice and toasty. I will post pictures once they are in the tank! I AM SO GLAD TO FORMALLY JOIN YOUR CLUB! I love you both so much. :wub:

Happy Birthday :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

10409682_10205388543605673_1583583698981

Here's a pic to prove I finally belong here! :P Been a hell of a two weeks. lol photos were low on the priority list.

• Like 3

I'm trying to head home this summer.

I can probably knock out 5-6 frags.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I'll need to send you some pink frag plugs.

OR!

Maybe you might have to come and get it........

:flower:

• Like 1

I see PE on the frag, it looks happy. This picture was of it in my tank, does it still have the bright green?

Yes, but not as bright. I suspect maybe I have more blue in my light color mixing since the green brightness has been the same since I received it.

Dude, all my SPS are happy. I have no idea what I'm doing right... So I'm just not going to mess with anything unless I have to. lol I'm fairly laisseze faire with the tank except for dosing.

• Like 1

Yes, but not as bright. I suspect maybe I have more blue in my light color mixing since the green brightness has been the same since I received it.

Dude, all my SPS are happy. I have no idea what I'm doing right... So I'm just not going to mess with anything unless I have to. lol

Agreed, stay the course.

• Like 1