SaltCritters.com

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you and the Mrs. had a great time, that inn looks amazing! Its pretty bad ass that they still had stuff that was original in it like that. Was it Original original or restored to original a few times?

16383422554_0917fcb2af_c.jpg

That aint a cup, thats a scotch glass at best. :lol:

NorthGaHillbilly

Looks like an amazing time... and I don't even like wine!

LOL, Im in the same boat. I didn’t expect to enjoy the wine part much, but it wasnt half bad.

Looks like you and the Mrs. had a great time, that inn looks amazing! Its pretty bad ass that they still had stuff that was original in it like that. Was it Original original or restored to original a few times?

That aint a cup, thats a scotch glass at best. :lol:

The place went through several rounds of renovations, but the floors, throughout were original, as were some of the interior doors, heart pine everywhere.

Good call, and just like scotch... its some potent stuff.

Cool trip. Looks like you and the wifey had lots of fun!

Indeed we did, nice to finally take a break from the day to day.

Dirty ass frag plug, but sick Lepto

16763836129_507aa24a19_c.jpg

Wow- that Lepto is sick! Congrats on the wedding!

Im really happy with it, all the smaller pieces are growing into the main :D And thank you!

Took the afternoon and did a pretty deep cleaning, my fuge area was turning into a nasty slop and lots of detritus built up in the sump. I didnt get a before picture, it was gnarley tho

scrubbed the fuge section down

16404873203_9e52ec0ecb_c.jpg

With the help of the best $20 Ive spent on the tank in a while

16402591294_f8907e20ed_c.jpg

Half a cup of detritus, 3 pounds of cheado and a razor blade to scrape the walls...

And were back in buisness

16402591114_3576b14895_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Be careful not to touch the bucket heads top screws with wet hands :) it will shock the shit out of you.

woah, thanks for the heads up. Ill see about covering them up with some silicone or something.

woah, thanks for the heads up. Ill see about covering them up with some silicone or something.

My buddy told me about it. He has one to clean out his little pond.

The place went through several rounds of renovations, but the floors, throughout were original, as were some of the interior doors, heart pine everywhere.

Good call, and just like scotch... its some potent stuff.

Thats pretty impressive that the floors were able to remain original. I mean I'm sure they have been redone but they get the most wear and use ya know. It all looks great tho :)

Oh I bet..... probably not as bad as when I empty my "cup" tho LOL

I didn't even think about using a shop vac to suck crap out of the sump! I have a brand new one laying around not being used for anything else too. :)

NorthGaHillbilly

My buddy told me about it. He has one to clean out his little pond.

Got ya. Im goin going to cover those up and also find a way to protect the switch.

Thats pretty impressive that the floors were able to remain original. I mean I'm sure they have been redone but they get the most wear and use ya know. It all looks great tho :)

Oh I bet..... probably not as bad as when I empty my "cup" tho LOL

I didn't even think about using a shop vac to suck crap out of the sump! I have a brand new one laying around not being used for anything else too. :)

Yea, it was cool seeing the old square head nails. Its amazing how well old heart pine floors hold up, the ones in my grandparents house are still in great condition, tho wavy as hell (built in 1895). Grandpa redid them when they moved in, 50 years ago :lol:

I saw a guy talking about it on the local forum, it really worked great.

LOL, Im in the same boat. I didnt expect to enjoy the wine part much, but it wasnt half bad.

Im really happy with it, all the smaller pieces are growing into the main :D And thank you!

If you have a minute and don't mind sharing I'd like to know the name of that lepto, I NEED a frag. And also where can I find more info about this wine tour? Good chance my wife and I will be in GA this year and she likes those sorts of things.

NorthGaHillbilly

If you have a minute and don't mind sharing I'd like to know the name of that lepto, I NEED a frag. And also where can I find more info about this wine tour? Good chance my wife and I will be in GA this year and she likes those sorts of things.

Ill ask my buddy, as I know he bought it with a name attached, It seems like its going to be a decent grower, Ill throw a frag plug under whatever part starts growing off the big plug and put your name on it.

This tour thing was a once a year thing, but the wine tourism is really growing in North Georgia. There are several companies running tours around the area, heres a site with alot of info

http://www.georgiawine.com/

All of them have tastings avaliable, and its a really cool way to see some very un-Texas landscapes.

cruzH20polo

I just had a lab mate go on a North Georgia wine tour for their anniversary, I was thinking of taking my GF up there before my next cruise to the gulf of mexico.

hows the tank doing?

Single Malt is better than Cognac.

Yeah but cognac is made from wine..... wine vs cognac I take cognac. Plus I grew up in the hood so Henny was always preffered anyway LOL

Thats a bad ass filter sock holder. Those things fall apart holding a bag of chips but doing well holding that sock up.

NorthGaHillbilly

I just had a lab mate go on a North Georgia wine tour for their anniversary, I was thinking of taking my GF up there before my next cruise to the gulf of mexico.

hows the tank doing?

You defiantly aught to, hit Serinity up, its a smaller place, but very nice people and I could even enjoy the wine

Tanks good, just letting things grow for now

I love Wine tastings and vineyard visits. Sounds like y'all had a good time.

We did for sure, I enjoyed seeing the process

Wine tastes funny in my opinion

You and me both brother

Single Malt is better than Cognac.

I have accepted that scotch is beyond my ability to appreciate, small batch bourbon is my thing

Yeah but cognac is made from wine..... wine vs cognac I take cognac. Plus I grew up in the hood so Henny was always preffered anyway LOL

:lol:

Thats a bad ass filter sock holder. Those things fall apart holding a bag of chips but doing well holding that sock up.

LOL, I only run a sock during me bi weekly clean up, so it dosent have to hold it for long

Latest news

17077729296_eb4e7a9697_z.jpg

(you know I need that blue Chris)

NorthGaHillbilly

Let there be light!

Ill explain tomorrow after I get some sleep, but needless to say, Ben convinced me to rip up this ATI

17104504912_b566d5f90b_z.jpg

16918233498_c4647f5b6b_z.jpg

Steensj2004

Good god that's a lot of light

Yeah, the whole hybrid thing is nuts, you should see this Nanobox hybrid, thing looks like it would literally boil water it puts out so much light lol.

NorthGaHillbilly

After one long night and an hour or two this morning getting it back together I've got the retro in.

There is currently one channel of LEDs

12 Cree XT-E Royal Blues

3 XP-E2 Blues

I can dim them down to 10% and I had them around 15% today.

I've got to bulbs per channel, Im still playing with the T5 bulbs but I currently have:

Actinic

Coral+

LED Retro

Coral +

B+

I’m really happy with how it turned out, with all bulbs on it is slightly LESS blue than it was before, but I have alot of colors popping I didn’t before, and the two Coral+ really make the fish look good.

17114608962_28e3b9255f_z.jpg

16928350778_055520601e_z.jpg

17090195566_6dfc078346_z.jpg

Looking forward to trying out some top down shots tomorrow, after working out how best to shoot with the new lights.

16928351138_0638b2ffec_z.jpg

Thanks again to Jedimasterben for his help, I came into the retro with NO understanding of LEDs, and feel pretty comfortable with them now.

Archived