Cultivated Reef

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I'd post this here so you could see the results of your advice...1x12 red oak stained walnut and waxed.

F5B8743C-4ED3-436E-8219-3240FCA7D33A.jpg[/url]

3378F35C-E65E-4CEC-89C9-BDE767B418F5.jpg

BC40F168-F2F1-4DAE-B1FF-3CCEF4DA3265.jpg

6CCD8526-F474-4125-BD06-6007A86A81A0.jpg

A95D802F-FF02-487C-8971-A09367009372.jpg

F5B8743C-4ED3-436E-8219-3240FCA7D33A.jpg

Nicely done.
NorthGaHillbilly

What on earth is the teal thing in the middle?

The thing right in the middle is some sort of Lepto, its got more color than shows in the picture, my personal favourite is the lucky charms leptastrea to the right of the lepto, in person the color is EXTREMELY unique

Figured I'd post this here so you could see the results of your advice...1x12 red oak stained walnut and waxed.

F5B8743C-4ED3-436E-8219-3240FCA7D33A.jpg[/url]

3378F35C-E65E-4CEC-89C9-BDE767B418F5.jpg

BC40F168-F2F1-4DAE-B1FF-3CCEF4DA3265.jpg

6CCD8526-F474-4125-BD06-6007A86A81A0.jpg

A95D802F-FF02-487C-8971-A09367009372.jpg

F5B8743C-4ED3-436E-8219-3240FCA7D33A.jpg

Diggin it man! That oak really takes a stain nicely. That Kreg jig already paid for its self

Wtf is Etsy?

Just wait young grasshopper

Evanski, is that a diplomystus I see mounted on the shelf

Nerd. :lol:

NorthGaHillbilly

Not too many mainstream fossils get past my eyes lol

That does look really cool, how much does one go for?

That does look really cool, how much does one go for?

depending on preparation and quality of fossil and size, a few dollars to several thousand dollars

I have one at home which would be worth only a few dollarspost-84861-0-84318300-1427077158_thumb.jpg

Above the orange one

NorthGaHillbilly

depending on preparation and quality of fossil and size, a few dollars to several thousand dollars

I have one at home which would be worth only a few dollarsattachicon.gifIMG_20150118_195024.jpg

Above the orange one

Only a few dollars! Im going to look around and get a few in that case

Evanski, is that a diplomystus I see mounted on the shelf

It is...I also have a Prisacara on the other end of the shelf, and the Heliobatis radians is still in storage. The latter is an amazing piece, all vertebra intact with four Knightia included. I got it for a song in Sante Fe, probably worth 5X what I paid for it, but I would never sell it.

Diggin it man! That oak really takes a stain nicely. That Kreg jig already paid for its self

Indeed...we chose the red oak because it stains so well and the strength for the longer shelves. I have some 2x2 that I can use as supports if it turns out we need it, but all looks good so far.

Thanks for steering me to the Kreg jig. SOOOO easy to use and I love the end result. I just have to build the new workbench, then I can get to the stand. No hurry there, as I traded in my IM 16 for the IM 20 and it is currently on back order.

NorthGaHillbilly

Any specific jobs at present? Or cool jobs of past?

If he told you, hed have to kill you... seriously :blink:

Messing around with the WB some more Mark, getting better

16704625827_ab339b5b61_c.jpg

I lost alot more than that while making all that silly shit

sounds awesome man, let me know what kind of rustic stuff your doing, we had a real mason jar shindig, http://graceology.com/bree-greg-cenita-vineyards-wedding-7-7-14/, and I made a majority of the decorations. If you need any help and I am able, Id be happy to give what advice I can

You two are adorable!!!! Those photos look like they came right out of a Martha Stewart Living Magazine omgomgomg.

I love the turquoise and red accent colors :wub:. Really really really nicely done!

NorthGaHillbilly

If he told you, hed have to kill you... seriously :blink:

Messing around with the WB some more Mark, getting better

16704625827_ab339b5b61_c.jpg

For the first time I can understand what you successful SPS guys talk about with "seeing growth daily

You two are adorable!!!! Those photos look like they came right out of a Martha Stewart Living Magazine omgomgomg.

I love the turquoise and red accent colors :wub:. Really really really nicely done!

Thank you! Bree read your post and said "THANK YOUUU!!!!" it was all her, no wedding planner, and i made 75% of the decorations.

Thank you! Bree read your post and said "THANK YOUUU!!!!" it was all her, no wedding planner, and i made 75% of the decorations.

Really you guys did a wonderful job. Most of the time it doesn't bother me that I don't have the money or much an extended family to have a wedding like that, but I'm jealous of how lovely and fun your wedding looks!!

NorthGaHillbilly

Really you guys did a wonderful job. Most of the time it doesn't bother me that I don't have the money or much an extended family to have a wedding like that, but I'm jealous of how lovely and fun your wedding looks!!

Thank you very much. Bree pulled it off for alot less than what we were seeing other people online, but I can tell ya, Im happy to put my 60 hours in a week and come home to relax, as opposed to another 20 on top of that for the wedding

Thank you very much. Bree pulled it off for alot less than what we were seeing other people online, but I can tell ya, Im happy to put my 60 hours in a week and come home to relax, as opposed to another 20 on top of that for the wedding

Really well done, Greg! You bride is lovely...but is it just me, or are all of your bridesmaids under 5'2"??

You look like you could be my younger brother, no joke! Ask Gena...

Archived