ReefCleaners.org

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im back in action guys, thank you all for the kind words and the worrying, sorry I wasnt here to assure you I was alive.

Tanks in a bad place, bad batch of salt, with a mag over 2000, really ####ed my LPS, but things are getting back on track. Ill get an updated, and much emptier, FTS before too long.

Glad to hear you are doin ok dude.

High Mag like that will def start to piss off your lps, but I think they should rebound pretty quick after you get it back in check. When I was trying to treat bryopsis, or at least what I thought was bryopsis, I got my mag up to 2200-2300 and lps started getting pretty pissed. But after I got it back down below 2000 they started to recover. What salt brand was it, out of curiosity?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wow.such.chris

Alright fellas, made some progress on the stand today after work

This is a front view, door into the sump area on the front and right side

15396341335_841fa53826_c.jpgIMG_00000365 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

Heres the right side sump access

15209747588_fb9709a109_c.jpgIMG_00000367 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

Left side is the electrical compartment, everything will be routed into this area to isolate electricity from water as well as I can

15209748468_774f92b86f_c.jpgIMG_00000366 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

The entire stand is made from 3/4" plywood and 3/4" poplar. There are runners behind the legs supporting the bottom as well as above that inside the legs supporting the top. Im still deciding on color, it'll either be black or grey, kinda depends on what I end up using for a top.

Looks like my bulkheads and acrylic wont be in till this weekend, so overflow progress wont happen till next week, but Im hoping to make moves pretty quickly. Getting the tank and glass for the sump this weekend, so thats another step I'll be working on next week.

NGaHB

I'm going to be making a stand soon and I like how little wood you used. Where's the plywood involved and what to you mean by runners under the legs? On the inside edge underneath, do they go to the floor?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
wow.such.chris

Is this still alive? It's always been one of my favorites, it'd be a shame to hear it's over with!

Archived