Pod Your Reef

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Mine has a slight texture pretty sure all Starboard does.

Got ya, thats what I was thinking.

NorthGaHillbilly

Sure you will have it colored purple and pink in a month anyways :lol:

Im mainly thinking over the cutting boards I saw at costco the other day for $20 :D

Just gatta bring these two over to the new page

16745707532_60fba65a24_c.jpg

16743451792_9bbd033ae3_c.jpg

Ahhh shit...

16743451792_9bbd033ae3_c.jpg

16556971688_5dc672185b_c.jpg

I showed up, and the edges are really nicely polished, and even better... It IS low iron glass B) Still had the stickers from where the guy ordered the glass.

For Mark I got a new stick Ill get some pictures of before the end of the day

Nice tank can't wait to see what comes next.

NorthGaHillbilly

You can also use HDPE which is the same material as starboard but you might be able to find it locally cheaper.

Im seeing some on amazon, 12"x24" for 12 bucks with prime. Three of those and id be in buisness, but Im going to call TAP tomorrow and see if I can get a better deal using the business account

After a quick search online I can say I'm definatly going to be going with TAP. there site calculated 35 bucks for a piece custom cut for my tank size, I expect even that will drop after I call tomorrow

NorthGaHillbilly

Definitely use one piece. I've got two and I think it just looks bad :/

I'm going to call them at lunch, I might end up getting a whole 4x8 sheet.

Sk8n Reefer

Awesome new tank........and that pink lemonade - fantastic colors and PE- looks like a must have! What light are you gonna run over the tank?

NorthGaHillbilly

Awesome new tank........and that pink lemonade - fantastic colors and PE- looks like a must have! What light are you gonna run over the tank?

Thanks man!

Same 24" ati 6 bulb. I bumped up the photo period where all 6 are on to try and help out the sps, but the green meat isn't too fond of the higher light, same with some chalices, so I'm looking forward to having more low light space on the sides

Nice upgrade! That guy wanted to trade that tank for my sump I was selling, makes me wish I had taken that deal. Looks good.

NorthGaHillbilly

Nice upgrade! That guy wanted to trade that tank for my sump I was selling, makes me wish I had taken that deal. Looks good.

yea I was dubious about it to be honest, but Im glad I made the trip. Get that 40B set up?

NorthGaHillbilly

It's moving slowly. Still getting equipment right now.

I dont know if you were thinking about using starboard or not, but if so Im looking at possibly getting a full sheet.

I dont know if you were thinking about using starboard or not, but if so Im looking at possibly getting a full sheet.

How much extra would you have? I've seen 2x4 sheets for about $40-50 from Grainger I think or US plastics.

I like the idea of starboard but I also like the look of the bottom painted black.

NorthGaHillbilly

How much extra would you have? I've seen 2x4 sheets for about $40-50 from Grainger I think or US plastics.

I like the idea of starboard but I also like the look of the bottom painted black.

Online it was saying a 34x23 inch piece cut to order would be $34, Im going to call tomorrow if I get a chance and see what itd cost to go pick up a sheet. Mind you this was 1/4", which I think would work just fine.

jedimasterben

I would personally go for some black starboard in that case - not as reflective so you don't get a lot of light bounce, makes it a bit more dramatic :)

Online it was saying a 34x23 inch piece cut to order would be $34, Im going to call tomorrow if I get a chance and see what itd cost to go pick up a sheet. Mind you this was 1/4", which I think would work just fine.

Should be perfectly fine if you are siliconing it down. Mine is not, and I used 3/8", and since starboard is buoyant the corners of mine want to come up.

I had a white cutting board in my PicO and the glare was obnoxious. I don't know what a better option/ color would be but I just thought I'd put in my $.02

Sk8n Reefer

Cool- now I get to see Starboard being applied- not sure I've ever seen this material- can you get a pic up once ya make the purchase? What colors does it come in?

Cool- now I get to see Starboard being applied- not sure I've ever seen this material- can you get a pic up once ya make the purchase? What colors does it come in?

DAAF7ACA-68D3-437D-ABD3-4E223A535F39.jpg

I would personally go for some black starboard in that case - not as reflective so you don't get a lot of light bounce, makes it a bit more dramatic :)

Should be perfectly fine if you are siliconing it down. Mine is not, and I used 3/8", and since starboard is buoyant the corners of mine want to come up.

Really? Mine stays down and never moves.

Thanks lawnman- how thick is it?

1/4 you hardly even notice it once you put corals in and the coralline takes over.

16adbd1b-928a-4b56-95bc-293f46522844.jpg

07acf71d-58d9-4159-8b82-2007ee1485c0.jpg

189d6345-004e-4bba-b867-53df1bc56e7b.jpg

I think it looks a lot cleaner than this nasty ass sand.

imagejpg1-46.jpg

Archived