Top Shelf Aquatics

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

Watched a large tang do the same thing at my LFS. IT smacked the concrete floor HARD, sounded like you slapped the floor with a wet towel. Poor guy ended up dying. :(

We are about to get hammered here in VA, some sources are saying 10-12 inches. Which for Virginia is the Snow-pocalypse. So we stocked up in booze, and I'm sitting by the fireplace shopping for tank stuff and drinking moonshine. HAHAHA!

I have found my people. I have two jars of moonshine in the cabinet and was given 4 sixers of craft beer as a tip the other day. Bring on the icy weather. We've been hovering right at freezing, 20 miles north it's snow and ice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

I have found my people. I have two jars of moonshine in the cabinet and was given 4 sixers of craft beer as a tip the other day. Bring on the icy weather. We've been hovering right at freezing, 20 miles north it's snow and ice.

The water on the windows just froze up, so Im going to go with that I wont be going into work tomorrow, and crack a mason jar of apple pie myself. Its a rare occasion I get into it, but its cold as hell... might as well

Praying this snow actually comes, my shop will shut down. Don't feel like testing a 25mm cannon hungover, hahahaha!

yea... that sounds horrendous

NorthGaHillbilly

Well, I mean, my guys will be testing it... Lol. I just don't wanna supervise. lol, I know, I know, laaaazy.

I expect youd feel it between the ears within 1/4 mile with enough of that hooch

NorthGaHillbilly

Yeah..... Yeah you do. Hahaha. Never gets less awesome though. There is the 5" cannon we work on too....

D63A0800-5B8D-472F-A12D-3EE0EAB43CED_zps

Damn, makes our "heavy machinery" look pretty weak

20 nautical miles and you are toast if you are in a 50 yard radius, pretty impressive!

Great, now ISIS knows they need to be 50.5yds from the impact area.

Hey man thanks for the nomination - really appreciate that. Bad timing on my photos though- damn photo bucket bandwidth is used up for the month- won't reset till the 7th. I am using imgur now on new photos?

NorthGaHillbilly

Hey man thanks for the nomination - really appreciate that. Bad timing on my photos though- damn photo bucket bandwidth is used up for the month- won't reset till the 7th. I am using imgur now on new photos

It was beyond deserved man, I will be very surprised if im not seeing your tank on the homepage in a week.

It was beyond deserved man, I will be very surprised if im not seeing your tank on the homepage in a week.

Thanks again , gonna look a lot different after this weekend- gonna trade in the big birdsnest- just to booko for the tank- should be able to get some good Acros on trade though- excited about that!

NorthGaHillbilly

Thanks again , gonna look a lot different after this weekend- gonna trade in the big birdsnest- just to booko for the tank- should be able to get some good Acros on trade though- excited about that!

sounds like a cool change, Ive been drooling over your millis, Ive decided Im going to get one or two as soon as I find a decent one locally.

sounds like a cool change, Ive been drooling over your millis, Ive decided Im going to get one or two as soon as I find a decent one locally.

I know the feeling, looking at your tank and others has me anxious for my tank. lol

NorthGaHillbilly

First shot with the extension tubes, Reading up on how to actually use it now, but im thinking I like where this is going

16657710591_d11936695d_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

I've got some work to do before I get this worked out, but heres what Ive got so far. I changed things up alot, with the tubes, as well as shooting in Raw, or NEF for nikon, GIMP wont open them, so I had to go through another program into gimp, and im not sure if my issues are coming from that or from the changes to the camera, but im getting some weird ass red speckling in it, i think its from the multiple programs involved in the operation. but here they are. They are coming out way over saturated looking, but thats how they popped up in the program, I think I need to find a better way to get them into GIMP, or.... gasp, go back to just shooting JPEG till I learn more about it all

16658765292_dff277b0d7_c.jpg

16472221058_f18ede76ba_c.jpg

16039897413_c727e8ba8b_c.jpg

16452510867_85e5af93aa_c.jpg

I appreciate it man, how's the married life?

Oh ya know, spent the first night in the hospital cuz wife had a bad asthma attack, next night we almost burned down the apartment when we forgot there was pizza boxes in the oven and turned it on. Other than that it's going great! Happily ever after right?? :lol:

Where did you get your extension tubes, Greg?

And I think, I may be wrong, NEF is a newer format for more recent Nikon cameras. I know I couldn't use that format with my lightroom until I got a more recent version of Lightroom which supported NEF format from my D3300. See if GIMP can be updated.

Archived