Coral Vue Hydros

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

Let's see

1. I have meat envy.

2. I want pink boobies for my tank. Or any color. I just want to stare at boobies and my tank at the same time. Currently hard to do.

3. Your creepy basement has such potential for disturbing activity. Jealous.

4. Your frag rack looks better than most of my tank.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Man, your sump has more coralline than my entire tank. lol

LOL, Im not sure why the sump has so damn much, the rocks are pretty covered, but very little on the glass

Very nice! Beautiful meats- that black bottom makes em pop for sure. Man , that frag rack is like a nano its self

LOL, thanks man. Im still debating on starboard, but itd be a 60 dollar gamble... still debating

Good job on the tank, I like the whole thing, I got me some mangroves and they don't want to grow.

Thanks buddy, mine is doing alright, but not getting alot of growth

Looking great man, nice shots of color.

I really appreciate it.

Let's see

1. I have meat envy.

2. I want pink boobies for my tank. Or any color. I just want to stare at boobies and my tank at the same time. Currently hard to do.

3. Your creepy basement has such potential for disturbing activity. Jealous.

4. Your frag rack looks better than most of my tank.

1. Meat envy is a problem that plagues us all. I think Im going to get rid of the scolys and throw another one back there.

2. Open an incognito window and prop that laptop up beside the tank :D

3. The side with my man room/ reloading room/ tank room is decent looking, the garage side is... well... creepy

4. Bullshit

NorthGaHillbilly

I think Im going to break down and get two dosing pumps and hook em up to the apex. Kalk is cool and all, but its tough to get it all worked out right, and the tank is drinking alk like nobodys buisness. Trying to keep it over 7 is a bitch, and my Ca is getting sucked down quicker aswell, it was 390 last time I checked after a decent WC.

I think Im going to break down and get two dosing pumps and hook em up to the apex. Kalk is cool and all, but its tough to get it all worked out right, and the tank is drinking alk like nobodys buisness. Trying to keep it over 7 is a bitch, and my Ca is getting sucked down quicker aswell, it was 390 last time I checked after a decent WC.

I know bubble magus has a 4 port doser that is supposed to be pretty good and not to hard on the wallet, might be worth looking into if you haven't already.

Alright guys, finished a kitchen, went to home depot and picked up/ returned the red PVC I ordered due to them sending 1.25"... and then helped clean up some for the inlaws tomorrow... AND THEN took a few pictures.

Too lazy to edit, so straight out of my cell phone onto flickr. 3 B+ and one Purple+.

To start it off... the meat stack

16427619356_33f85a2578_z.jpg

Top down (also notice the sick green rim on the chalice

15831089904_fab9762e91_z.jpg

MY Meat!

16267350979_673a8afc95_z.jpg

Pinwheel plate lookin good

15833542763_f6e01fa175_z.jpg

Pretty cool top down of the left side

16266176640_fcedfe87af_z.jpg

Left side

16453613565_37f89cc313_z.jpg

Got some Zoas glued down finally, blue hornets, majicians, then the old school eagle eyes or whatever there called now

15831090894_47584fbb6a_z.jpg

Best pic of the pink boobies I have gotten so far

16266174710_25d5ee356e_z.jpg

Best pic of no name chalice, finally encrusting some

16427613536_e45f3021e9_z.jpg

Frag rack

16427609796_b7decb22f1_z.jpg

More frag rack

16452653462_ca823a0176_z.jpg

And more... weeds, I was told names

15831082394_b58b06f2f5_z.jpg

Major coraline growth in the sump, and my mangrove finally has leaves

16266172100_e93dd02fc7_z.jpg

Cheto ball gets trimmed every two weeks now

16452653872_c9ab51646a_z.jpg

Creepy basement RO setup

16266164960_e4f93f7e66_z.jpg

Bringing this to a new page. Thanks for all the photos! Put some cheapo fake wood paneling on the basement walls, goes good with creepy activities. Add more SPS!

NorthGaHillbilly

I know bubble magus has a 4 port doser that is supposed to be pretty good and not to hard on the wallet, might be worth looking into if you haven't already.

Ive thought about a stand alone unit, but I think of a bottle of Alk supplement and see a dead tank in the event of a problem. being able to safeguard it with a high ph shutoff and what not seems safer

Bringing this to a new page. Thanks for all the photos! Put some cheapo fake wood paneling on the basement walls, goes good with creepy activities. Add more SPS!

Thank man! Im debating on it, finally seeing growth on the birdsnest after getting my salinity on track. So if I keep seeing good things I might have to add a few more :D

if we wernt renting I would go all out on the basment, as well as the kitchen, soon were going to buy, just need to nail down an area thta works between our work places as well as access to our folks, as there going to be playing baby sitter in a few years

Saw the tank today with the lights on after being gone all weekend up with my buddy. Things are really looking great, moved the cynaria back to its old spot and ive never seen it this swole up

16462611586_b0fac2f168_z.jpg20150209_184641 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

Yea, thats a chalice choking down a full sized pellet... feed em phyto right :rolleyes:

16302694207_ef562e24c7_z.jpg20150209_190439 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

Wife got a new shirt, with a cat on it. The only reason one needs to dance around with the cat right?

15866071484_72b7446e7e_z.jpg20150208_215530 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

I've threatened to get my gf a shirt with our mini pig's pic on it, but I know I'd never see her in anything else again.

How's the tank doing with the salinity under control? I got mine back up and corals are looking happier but I still need my calcium up a little. It's 410 and I'd like 430+ to keep everybody growing

NorthGaHillbilly

Nice- Ya it's always nice to come back after a few days to see the tank - you can really tell the difference

Did you ever check out that digital refractometer ?

No doubt. I havent yet, My buddy is getting his in this week, Im going to go check it out Sunday I think.

I've threatened to get my gf a shirt with our mini pig's pic on it, but I know I'd never see her in anything else again.

How's the tank doing with the salinity under control? I got mine back up and corals are looking happier but I still need my calcium up a little. It's 410 and I'd like 430+ to keep everybody growing

LOL, Im not sure if she likes me or the cat better...

Things are looking great, tho my Ca and Alk are low and im having a hard time getting them up. 410... Im looking at 375 :o

Im going to step my kalk top off up to a Tbs per gallon for the next few days and see what happens, but Im seriously considering getting two BRS dosing pumps from a guy locally and then making that transition.

No doubt. I havent yet, My buddy is getting his in this week, Im going to go check it out Sunday I think.

LOL, Im not sure if she likes me or the cat better...

Things are looking great, tho my Ca and Alk are low and im having a hard time getting them up. 410... Im looking at 375 :o

Im going to step my kalk top off up to a Tbs per gallon for the next few days and see what happens, but Im seriously considering getting two BRS dosing pumps from a guy locally and then making that transition.

TBS per gallon?
NorthGaHillbilly

TBS per gallon?

table spoon. Im doing three teaspoons per gallon right now, and things are stable but just too low, so Im thinking if I up it to a tablespoon I can slowly bring things up, then when I get em to where I want Ill drop back down to 3 teaspoons

Scratch all that noise, Im doing a reasonable dosing, but completely mixed up my measurement labels. Im currently doing 3/4 TEASPOON per gallon of top off, a steady 3/4 gallons of top off per day. I am upping it to 1 TEASPOON per gallon and seeing if that will raise it over a few days, at which point I can go back to 3/4 tsp, while low, my parameters have been stable for the last week.

A very cool setup, I must say. How do all those Acanthophyllia, Cyanarina coexist so close to each other? Are they pretty peaceful or sting-y?

NorthGaHillbilly

A very cool setup, I must say. How do all those Acanthophyllia, Cyanarina coexist so close to each other? Are they pretty peaceful or sting-y?

Thanks! They are amazingly laid back. Chalices, lobos, acans, and god forbid scolys are mean SOBs. The meats, cynaria, trachys and plates are all pretty tolerant, atleast in my tank.

Thanks! They are amazingly laid back. Chalices, lobos, acans, and god forbid scolys are mean SOBs. The meats, cynaria, trachys and plates are all pretty tolerant, atleast in my tank.

Chalices? Really....that kinda surprised me, I never thought of them as aggressive. Do they send out sweepers?

NorthGaHillbilly

Chalices? Really....that kinda surprised me, I never thought of them as aggressive. Do they send out sweepers?

Some pretty gnarley ones from time to time. Seems dependent on factors I cant isolate, but some will reach out and touch something.

I neeeeeed some meat in my tank omgomgomg:bowdown:

Yes you do.

all those pics and not one FTS? tsk tsk.

great pics and those scolys are HUNGRY.

I cant take a FTS worth shit Im afraid. I brought the better camera back to the house, so I hope to have time to try for one before too long.

That's a nice meat stack. Sammich time.

uggh... :eek:

This stupid clown is actin a fool, bites me when I reach near the meats, then I see this

Some pretty gnarley ones from time to time. Seems dependent on factors I cant isolate, but some will reach out and touch something.

Yes you do.

I cant take a FTS worth shit Im afraid. I brought the better camera back to the house, so I hope to have time to try for one before too long.

uggh... :eek:

This stupid clown is actin a fool, bites me when I reach near the meats, then I see this

Video is private noob :)
NorthGaHillbilly

;)

Ive noticed some growth start on the chalices after a LONG time of nothin, your convict booger might be the size of a dime by the time it gets warm outside

Ive noticed some growth start on the chalices after a LONG time of nothin, your convict booger might be the size of a dime by the time it gets warm outside

I was just thinking about that chalice today. thanks for plumping the little guy up for me. 37 days till Spring woot woot

Drilled a hole in the Brute. Man.

So what do you use for a shutoff? I don't trust a shutoff on the output not to create enough pressure to blow up everything.

Archived