Pod Your Reef

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

About to puke watching the bachelor with my wife :wacko: this lady just told him about her dead husband now there about to #### :huh:

Im watching antiques road show... get with the program home boy, nothing morally objectionable this way :P

Tanks up to 1.025 over three days. Nothing seemed to mind the transition, so thats great.

I lost the clown, no clue why, body looked unmarked and with no signs of stress, Im in the process of setting up a 15 gal QT right now for future fish additions.

Speaking of fish, heres the tail spot, hes really settled in and is out and about almost all day. Tho I will say, you were right Mark, he has an unusual obsession with the PH, not cool blenny.

16429300372_39325002a1_c.jpg20150202_144351 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

Had to bring this guy to the next page, hes just so damn adorable, or whatever the manly equivalent is

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Now the lady just passed out from a panic attack :lol: good lord can't believe I'm watching this.

LOL, Its amazing what theyll put on TV.

Now I just passed out from a panic attack :lol: good lord can't believe I'm watching this.

Why do you have to come in here muddling up a thread with cute fish pix by talking about the bachelor? We know you love it and all, but take it the the USweekly forum.

I'm just kidding with you. My gf skips the bachelor, but watches some of the crappiest shows ever.

Back on track, my SG is up to 1.023. I'm just letting it come up with 1.030 SW in the ATO.

NorthGaHillbilly

Wait...what? Yer married to Hermione? I thought Crookshanks was a ginger cat...

Lol, she just flicked you off :D EDIT: In a loving way, she wanted to make that clear

Why do you have to come in here muddling up a thread with cute fish pix by talking about the bachelor? We know you love it and all, but take it the the USweekly forum.

I'm just kidding with you. My gf skips the bachelor, but watches some of the crappiest shows ever.

Back on track, my SG is up to 1.023. I'm just letting it come up with 1.030 SW in the ATO.

I only have to watch scandal with the lady, and a few of those real life killer shows on ID... not as exciting as it sounds

I filled my top off with water close to SW levels and let it just do its thing. Its pretty insane, 45 gallons or so and I was low atleast 2 cups of salt. The top off is doing ~3/4 gallons per day, and got it up to 1.025 today. Then did a 5 gal change, as I was a few days behind my regular WC

My system is ~40 gallons and might do 1/2g a day. I've been sliding the stand door open to get more evap. I'm not in a terrible hurry. The new rock Nem I got never opened up and turned to mush but everybody else is ok with the lower SG and I don't want to shock anything. Especially the SPS

NorthGaHillbilly

My system is ~40 gallons and might do 1/2g a day. I've been sliding the stand door open to get more evap. I'm not in a terrible hurry. The new rock Nem I got never opened up and turned to mush but everybody else is ok with the lower SG and I don't want to shock anything. Especially the SPS

I was thinking it might take a few days more to get mine up, but my few sps are already proven survivors, so i let it go. I noticed better PE from my ugly ol' acro already, im hoping this is going to get my growth back on track. Ive got several chalices I would REALLY like to see take off.

Lol, she just flicked you off :D EDIT: In a loving way, she wanted to make that clear

I would hope so...love the HP character, she is a lovely young lady who is taking the stage in some women's issues around the world. 'Twas a compliment.

Besides, you been giving me good stand building advice that I will continue to threaten to use.

I was thinking it might take a few days more to get mine up, but my few sps are already proven survivors, so i let it go. I noticed better PE from my ugly ol' acro already, im hoping this is going to get my growth back on track. Ive got several chalices I would REALLY like to see take off.

I need to do a WC and a cleaning tomorrow. My top off is crazy in the Winter around 1-1 1/2 gallons a day. Need to keep the resevoir full but sometimes I forget :(
jedimasterben

Besides, you been giving me good stand building advice that I will continue to threaten to use.

:lol:

I need to do a WC and a cleaning tomorrow. My top off is crazy in the Winter around 1-1 1/2 gallons a day. Need to keep the resevoir full but sometimes I forget :(

What's weird is that normally my evap rate is higher in the winter, but it's been stupidly low the past couple of weeks, around a half gallon per day instead of 1-1.5.

:lol:

What's weird is that normally my evap rate is higher in the winter, but it's been stupidly low the past couple of weeks, around a half gallon per day instead of 1-1.5.

That weird, mine has been somewhat low lately too.

#Floridaproblems :D

LOL, Im not complaining. Filling up my ATO container less often means less work for me to do. Then again, Ill probably forget more too....speaking of, I just realized I didn't check it before leaving for work this morning.

jedimasterben

LOL, Im not complaining. Filling up my ATO container less often means less work for me to do. Then again, Ill probably forget more too....speaking of, I just realized I didn't check it before leaving for work this morning.

That reminds me, I need to contact Avast Marine about my ATO not stopping the pump, thing is brand new and both times I've tried to use it it completely drains my ATO reservoir :(

That reminds me, I need to contact Avast Marine about my ATO not stopping the pump, thing is brand new and both times I've tried to use it it completely drains my ATO reservoir :(

WHAT? Thats weird. I absolutely love my Avast ATO. Never had a problem. I'm always recommending that thing.

jedimasterben

WHAT? Thats weird. I absolutely love my Avast ATO. Never had a problem. I'm always recommending that thing.

Yep. I can blow gently into the sensor tube or right on where it hooks into the electronics and it will turn off the outlet, but it will not do it in the tank. It filled my sump up right to the brim, I'm really glad I didn't lose power or it would have flooded with the backflow from the display.

Yep. I can blow gently into the sensor tube or right on where it hooks into the electronics and it will turn off the outlet, but it will not do it in the tank. It filled my sump up right to the brim, I'm really glad I didn't lose power or it would have flooded with the backflow from the display.

Weird, so if you press it into the water it doesn't turn off? Is there not an issue with the seal or anything?

jedimasterben

Weird, so if you press it into the water it doesn't turn off? Is there not an issue with the seal or anything?

Yeah, it's very weird, especially that I can blow air into it and it immediately cuts the outlet power. Stick it in the water, and I can forcefully shove it down and it still leaves the outlet on.

Yeah, it's very weird, especially that I can blow air into it and it immediately cuts the outlet power. Stick it in the water, and I can forcefully shove it down and it still leaves the outlet on.

Yeah, that's not working right. Like Shaun said, is there a leak somewhere? Sounds like its just not sealing properly, therefore the small amount of force from water pressure is not activating it, but the larger force of you blowing into it is.

Archived