Top Shelf Aquatics

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

I never leave here disappointed. Beautiful as always, and sheesh - your sump has more beautiful coralline than my entire nano haha :P

Glad to hear it man! Yea ive got more in the sump than in the tank! Ive got to give the pumps a vinegar bath this weekend.

My coraline hates me lol

Ive found higher sg can help it out

Mmm... those plates! I think the more colorful plates are becoming another of my favorites!

Im afraid the pinwheel might be on its way out :(

My mangrove finally opened its new leaves

16629229175_7dfd32be82_c.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I increased SG weeks ago when you told me that before lol, still nothing significantly increasing

Just a minor amount of growth so far, maybe I should drip nitrogen rich grass fertilizer?

What's happening with the pinwheel?

NorthGaHillbilly

I increased SG weeks ago when you told me that before lol, still nothing significantly increasing

Just a minor amount of growth so far, maybe I should drip nitrogen rich grass fertilizer?

What's happening with the pinwheel?

what kind of lighting do you have over that tank? As crazy as it seems, the best coraline growth ive ever had was under a compact flourscent

Not sure about the pinwheel, my alk is higher than it was before, I finally got it stable between 8.0 and 8.4, so im wondering if thats whats pissing it off. It will retract fully randomly and look like shit, then look great the next day

He is probably just stressed and needs more stability like you are thinking

go to home depot and get a curlie Q bubba

why can't the sun work, its full spectrum?
NorthGaHillbilly

He is probably just stressed and needs more stability like you are thinking

why can't the sun work, its full spectrum?

Intensity, once it gets in your window and to the tank it's not very strong. Ohio is a hop skip and jump away from the equator

jedimasterben

Intensity, once it gets in your window and to the tank it's not very strong. Ohio is a hop skip and jump away from the equator

This. I'm in FL. With the blinds fully open, at noon, with tank 8' away from the window, I get exactly 5 PAR from the window. Only if the tank is in direct sunlight for most of the day would that be adequate.

That is not fun for me, in this case I will accept the loss and hope to be able to do this sooner rather than later, my parents are planning on moving south to Florida some time soon ( I really don't think they ever will but they claim this) and don't want me adding much more in my collection, which is basically why I'm on a live rock ban for now :( I don't like that rule but I have to listen

NorthGaHillbilly

Its snowing outsie, and I'm oogling my new coral from Lawn

[16461221249_efe00f0048.jpg

16621479056_13dfd35481.jpg

These two spit alittle zooanthele in shipping, but are already happily puffed up, I expect they'll get it all back within two weeks.

16461229229_71f1484a01.jpg

16459834808_90d548c0bf.jpg

16440084777_65e264bb34.jpg

Oh yea, when I was taking the screen top off to take these pictures I must have scared the wrasse, as I saw him Free Willy out of the tank from the corner of my eye. Got him back in and he layed around having a panic attack for a while, then went back to normal :rolleyes:

Watched a large tang do the same thing at my LFS. IT smacked the concrete floor HARD, sounded like you slapped the floor with a wet towel. Poor guy ended up dying. :(

We are about to get hammered here in VA, some sources are saying 10-12 inches. Which for Virginia is the Snow-pocalypse. So we stocked up in booze, and I'm sitting by the fireplace shopping for tank stuff and drinking moonshine. HAHAHA!

They look pretty damn good for just being shipped. It was 4 degrees yesterday when I shipped. Speaking of fish I lost my yellow tang yesterday. Came home and it was stuck to the side of the MP 40 with a bloated belly :huh:

They look pretty damn good for just being shipped. It was 4 degrees yesterday when I shipped. Speaking of fish I lost my yellow tang yesterday. Came home and it was stuck to the side of the MP 40 with a bloated belly :huh:

Bummer, any idea as to what caused it? I want a tang.....but I don't wanna push things in this size tank. I also want some anthias, probably a mistake too.

Beginning to wish I had done the same thing as NGHB, and changed the overflow!

NorthGaHillbilly

Watched a large tang do the same thing at my LFS. IT smacked the concrete floor HARD, sounded like you slapped the floor with a wet towel. Poor guy ended up dying. :(

We are about to get hammered here in VA, some sources are saying 10-12 inches. Which for Virginia is the Snow-pocalypse. So we stocked up in booze, and I'm sitting by the fireplace shopping for tank stuff and drinking moonshine. HAHAHA!

Im looking at about an inch of slush on the roads, and it just dropped below 32... in for trouble this way. It took me 10 hours to drive 12 miles last year, so I plan on staying home. What else ya gettin? Oh, and solid call on the booze, Im doing the same :D

Yea I was pretty worried, but when they showed up and looked good, puffed up within two hours, I was at ease. Hate to hear it about the tang man, mine quit eating last week and I ended up sending him to his maker when it was obvious that was his fate. Think the bloated belly was something to do with his death, or just blown up as a result of being dead?

Bummer, any idea as to what caused it? I want a tang.....but I don't wanna push things in this size tank. I also want some anthias, probably a mistake too.

Beginning to wish I had done the same thing as NGHB, and changed the overflow!

Im QTing everything for atleast two weeks from now on, that tang was never right. But I think they can be alright. Anthias are on the top of my list.

that DB one is pretty huge eh?

Im looking at about an inch of slush on the roads, and it just dropped below 32... in for trouble this way. It took me 10 hours to drive 12 miles last year, so I plan on staying home. What else ya gettin? Oh, and solid call on the booze, Im doing the same :D

Yea I was pretty worried, but when they showed up and looked good, puffed up within two hours, I was at ease. Hate to hear it about the tang man, mine quit eating last week and I ended up sending him to his maker when it was obvious that was his fate. Think the bloated belly was something to do with his death, or just blown up as a result of being dead?

Im QTing everything for atleast two weeks from now on, that tang was never right. But I think they can be alright. Anthias are on the top of my list.

that DB one is pretty huge eh?

It's loud, that's the problem... Lol

Thinking about ordering a 5 gallon ATO, a micro Sicce for my ATO pump, float switch for ATO, new refractometer, a midsize reactor from IM, and maybe another micro pump to transfer water from buckets into my ATO reservoir.

NorthGaHillbilly

Thinking about ordering a 5 gallon ATO, a micro Sicce for my ATO pump, float switch for ATO, new refractometer, a midsize reactor from IM, and maybe another micro pump to transfer water from buckets into my ATO reservoir.

Good stuff, eventually Im going to build a pretty ATO container, but the orange bucket works for now :wacko:

Sounds like a great list, tho I wouldnt give IM a dime of my money, they built several shitty products, resulting in thousands of dollars of dead livestock, and if said victims were lucky they got offered another sub par product :huh:

Good stuff, eventually Im going to build a pretty ATO container, but the orange bucket works for now :wacko:

Sounds like a great list, tho I wouldnt give IM a dime of my money, they built several shitty products, resulting in thousands of dollars of dead livestock, and if said victims were lucky they got offered another sub par product :huh:

Yeah.... But their reactors are pretty awesome.... I get your point though. I'd build one, but the cost to build is as much as buying one.... Ugh

NorthGaHillbilly

Yeah.... But their reactors are pretty awesome.... I get your point though. I'd build one, but the cost to build is as much as buying one.... Ugh

the avast you build em ones look decent, Im planning on gettig one, cutting the chamber in half and just copying their pieces to make a second one, so two 8.5" tall reactors.

the avast you build em ones look decent, Im planning on gettig one, cutting the chamber in half and just copying their pieces to make a second one, so two 8.5" tall reactors.

hmmmmmmmmmm..... This booze has my mind going on this one, lol. My buddy need to make this shiz less strong!

I'm considering building an ATO, maximize my open space as no premade ones fit exactly.... Unsure.

Archived