Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

Sk8n Reefer
1/4 you hardly even notice it once you put corals in and the coralline takes over.

I think it looks a lot cleaner than this nasty ass sand.

Very nice! Does it stain or dingy up over time? Does it come in black? What is its main application? Is it a homedepot or lowes product- sorry for all the questions- I am considering it for a future build

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets coralline on it or dingy spots in the beginning. All of that can be cleaned up with a magic eraser. Yes it comes in black and Homedepot and lowes doesn't sell it that I know of. I buy it from a guy off ebay. It's main application is for boats so it's made for saltwater.

Sk8n Reefer

It gets coralline on it or dingy spots in the beginning. All of that can be cleaned up with a magic eraser. Yes it comes in black and Homedepot and lowes doesn't sell it that I know of. I buy it from a guy off ebay. It's main application is for boats so it's made for saltwater.

Thanks for the info- I'll see if I can find it- I've highjacked NorthGa's build enough ?

Lawn - you actually put the magic eraser in the water? I thought I heard that was bad and should only be used outside to clean the outside of the glass. Just curious...

jedimasterben

Lawn - you actually put the magic eraser in the water? I thought I heard that was bad and should only be used outside to clean the outside of the glass. Just curious...

I use one several times per week. No problems. People just get all uppity because it's not marketed for aquariums.

I use one several times per week. No problems. People just get all uppity because it's not marketed for aquariums.

Well, thats good to know. I always thought there must be some type of chemical in it and just assumed it was not reef safe.

NorthGaHillbilly

Late last night I woke up with a idea, a few lps were looking alittle pissed,even tho most were growing well and the few sps are showing growth, so I realized I hadn't been feeding the coral much lately, big so damn busy at work

I run down and my nitrates were undetectable, not low, The test was clear. I checked again and same reault.

In the past its stayed around 10, so I promptly fed and plan to get back on it. Lesson learned

4'x8' 1/4" HDPE (starboard) pricing

110 for white

125 black

Now to just decide between white and black

NorthGaHillbilly

Couple of new additions today, now I remember why I hide my wallet when I head down to see Shac, my dealer :D

Pink Milli

16611336528_e3dcbbb214.jpg

Springeri

16797813182_8554f6de60.jpg

Davinci

16591626117_4dcbb8751e.jpg

QT

16798896025_e01f121c7e.jpg

Nice milli. Feeding always bites my ass as well. I've overfed, then underfed, and now it will be interesting to see what nitrates are after being away for a week. I don't do a proper schedule, too lazy or too much like work.

It's also time for me to buy some nice looking SPS and start chucking my random $15 frags that I keep hoping will color up.

Well, thats good to know. I always thought there must be some type of chemical in it and just assumed it was not reef safe.

You MUST make sure that they are the original version. The kitchen/bath ones do have chemicals in them.

NorthGaHillbilly

You MUST make sure that they are the original version. The kitchen/bath ones do have chemicals in them.

For kicks I looked up the msds sheet, looks like people are playing up faux dangers

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=2uMCVZi-PMzboAT_n4DoAQ&url=http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/sonex_foam/pdf/msds/MSDS_Melamine.pdf&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHdj8NDk4ygU6pvbwqat11yDTCQnA&sig2=iagGpw-_wityOKpcgxVE9A

The kitchen version has DAWN cleaners built in , and the bath version comes with febreeze chemicals

I popped Hillbillys shipping cherry :) he has been holding this chalice for me since November

D410195D-96E3-4299-97DE-CFA5DC2DC5B0.jpg

Your QT looks nicer than my tank.

Well thats not to ####ing hard :flower:

The kitchen version has DAWN cleaners built in , and the bath version comes with febreeze chemicals

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have been using the original in my tank for years.

B is correct ORIGINAL.

Yes sir I scrub my glass with them and even spots of my starboard.

Late last night I woke up with a idea, a few lps were looking alittle pissed,even tho most were growing well and the few sps are showing growth, so I realized I hadn't been feeding the coral much lately, big so damn busy at work

I run down and my nitrates were undetectable, not low, The test was clear. I checked again and same reault.

In the past its stayed around 10, so I promptly fed and plan to get back on it. Lesson learned

4'x8' 1/4" HDPE (starboard) pricing

110 for white

125 black

Now to just decide between white and black

White

It's also time for me to buy some nice looking SPS and start chucking my random $15 frags that I keep hoping will color up.

Random $15 frags can be fun.... but sometimes they really are just a brown turd lol

White

Black!

Archived