inTank Media Baskets

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Nice milli. Feeding always bites my ass as well. I've overfed, then underfed, and now it will be interesting to see what nitrates are after being away for a week. I don't do a proper schedule, too lazy or too much like work.

It's also time for me to buy some nice looking SPS and start chucking my random $15 frags that I keep hoping will color up.

Yea, Its a constant battle, I feed like crazy, then get busy, and its a cube of mysis every other day and this happens. I think Im going to shoot for around 5 or so and see what happens.

I tossed the zombies, the new guys are already outsining then, tho the pink lemonade went closer to green.

Your QT looks nicer than my tank.

LOL, I was getting tired of those nasty palys, then realized I had more rock in the sump and needed something to filter in the QT, problem solved.

I popped Hillbillys shipping cherry :) he has been holding this chalice for me since November

D410195D-96E3-4299-97DE-CFA5DC2DC5B0.jpg

Well thats not to ####### hard :flower:

I have been using the original in my tank for years.

B is correct ORIGINAL.

Yes sir I scrub my glass with them and even spots of my starboard.

White

Glad they came through well, I was hoping my Mexican drug smuggler packing would hold up

16807222565_2b06955952_z.jpg

I'm really on the fence, I want to try white, but I know how black looks... quite the conundrum

Random $15 frags can be fun.... but sometimes they really are just a brown turd lol

Black!

So its a 1-1 vote right now :lol:

You have some corals I want to drive 600 miles and physically steal. Mmmmmmmm

Head on down

16805070822_80677cf36a_c.jpg

16600389607_daf3564286_c.jpg

I had to bring this guy over this page, Im really liking is pattern, drastically different on each side, and for $30

16591626117_4dcbb8751e_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

I vote black. Bc it makes the corals really stand out and says 'My game is on point'

Im going to count that as two votes

CronicReefer

Couple of new additions today, now I remember why I hide my wallet when I head down to see Shac, my dealer :D

Springeri

16797813182_8554f6de60.jpg

Sweet looking springeri! Mine is a pod/worm terminator and very well behaved with my clowns. I vote black also.

NorthGaHillbilly

Sweet looking springeri! Mine is a pod/worm terminator and very well behaved with my clowns. I vote black also.

Thank ya sir, glad to hear it. I was on the fence, I want a splendid as well, so well see how that goes.

NorthGaHillbilly

I'll be in Jacksonville for two weeks....! Not sure where that is in relation to you, lol!

About 350 miles :(

NorthGaHillbilly

Laaaaaaaame!

Now what am I gunna do on the weekends?! Lol

Its alittle early, but there might be some early mackerel runnin

NorthGaHillbilly

Nice sps pieces for sure

Thank ya sir, Im in a real conundrum tho, the YCG is pissing all the SPS off bad, pickin at them, as well as perching on them constantly. I think Im going to have to set up a small tank for him. Pest coral tank here I come :D

I believe I was within minutes of you yesterday and failed to steal all your awesome frags. Or visit your dealer and clean him out :lol: drove back to Tennesee from florida so I took I- 75 straight through Georgia into TN

Sk8n Reefer

Thank ya sir, Im in a real conundrum tho, the YCG is pissing all the SPS off bad, pickin at them, as well as perching on them constantly. I think Im going to have to set up a small tank for him. Pest coral tank here I come :D

Really! Man that's to bad - don't mess with the sticks though.? Perching's one thing but pickin. Did it start immediately?

NorthGaHillbilly

I believe I was within minutes of you yesterday and failed to steal all your awesome frags. Or visit your dealer and clean him out :lol: drove back to Tennesee from florida so I took I- 75 straight through Georgia into TN

yea, you done ####ed up bubba :lol:

Should have hit me up

Really! Man that's to bad - don't mess with the sticks though. Perching's one thing but pickin. Did it start immediately?

Hes done is off and on, but only pecks at the acros. The millie the worst, I think because its already branching and he wants to set up shop.

Talking to a local guy about a nuvo 10, dont really want to support the company indirectly, but itd look nice upstairs and make a good home for the YCG. Hes been in the tank for a year at this point, so I cant just toss him im the fuge or anything, tho he might go into the QT till I get a new home worked out

you're upgrading already? :o

Dick :slap: (thats not the flirty slap like Kat does)

I have a flirty slap?

Lawn - you actually put the magic eraser in the water? I thought I heard that was bad and should only be used outside to clean the outside of the glass. Just curious...

I do too. It's the non scented original - comes in all blue packaging.

NorthGaHillbilly

you're upgrading already? :o

Just the display, it aught to be a simple swap, and the new tank is in a different league from the DB. BUT I expect it'll be a month or two before I get it all done

I have a flirty slap?

Yes, you'll notice no one else asked :P

NorthGaHillbilly

With the ridiculously low street price of MP40s Im going to be getting one tomorrow to see if itll work out for me

kriskristofferzen

Nice tank!, unrelated….how did you seal up the bottom bulkheads. Im thinking of getting this tank and doing something similar.

thanks for the good ideas!

NorthGaHillbilly

Nice tank!, unrelated….how did you seal up the bottom bulkheads. Im thinking of getting this tank and doing something similar.

thanks for the good ideas!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I put short pieces of PVC and used PVC caps, The tail spot uses one to sleep in, which is pretty cool.

This MP40 aint a joke, this thing makes the MP10 I had look like a toy. Its running reef crest at ~30% with the WP 10 in the back right corner. I had detritus blowing out of EVERYWHERE. Really happy with it. Between the MP and the YCG being out of the tank Im getting PE again, which is nice.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I put short pieces of PVC and used PVC caps, The tail spot uses one to sleep in, which is pretty cool.

This MP40 aint a joke, this thing makes the MP10 I had look like a toy. Its running reef crest at ~30% with the WP 10 in the back right corner. I had detritus blowing out of EVERYWHERE. Really happy with it. Between the MP and the YCG being out of the tank Im getting PE again, which is nice.

Need to get me an mp40 aswell. Although every dime is going towards the wedding right now or I woulda ordered the mp 40qd and the döse already.
NorthGaHillbilly

Need to get me an mp40 aswell. Although every dime is going towards the wedding right now or I woulda ordered the mp 40qd and the döse already.

I was really dubious after being so unimpressed with the 10, but its MUCH better, really impressed with how much water it moves, in such a non violent way, if you catch my drift. For some reason its really got me wanting to get the new tank set up.

When is the big day, I know ours was really stressful before hand, but was the best day of my life when it came.

NorthGaHillbilly

9/18 times flying and the amount of $ adds up way to fast especially paying for it by ourselves.

no doubt about that. We did alot of DIY, which she was really happy about and saved a ton of money, my head spins when I look at etsy and see what folks are charging for silly stuff. What kind of theme are yall goin for?

Archived