Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

Oh ya know, spent the first night in the hospital cuz wife had a bad asthma attack, next night we almost burned down the apartment when we forgot there was pizza boxes in the oven and turned it on. Other than that it's going great! Happily ever after right?? :lol:

Yep, til death do you part.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cruzH20polo

I've got some work to do before I get this worked out, but heres what Ive got so far. I changed things up alot, with the tubes, as well as shooting in Raw, or NEF for nikon, GIMP wont open them, so I had to go through another program into gimp, and im not sure if my issues are coming from that or from the changes to the camera, but im getting some weird ass red speckling in it, i think its from the multiple programs involved in the operation. but here they are. They are coming out way over saturated looking, but thats how they popped up in the program, I think I need to find a better way to get them into GIMP, or.... gasp, go back to just shooting JPEG till I learn more about it all

16658765292_dff277b0d7_c.jpg

16472221058_f18ede76ba_c.jpg

16039897413_c727e8ba8b_c.jpg

16452510867_85e5af93aa_c.jpg

Dude! Awesome pictures

NorthGaHillbilly

Oh ya know, spent the first night in the hospital cuz wife had a bad asthma attack, next night we almost burned down the apartment when we forgot there was pizza boxes in the oven and turned it on. Other than that it's going great! Happily ever after right?? :lol:

Damn man, is she doing better? Atleast the new apartment didnt toast tho, silver lining right :)

Where did you get your extension tubes, Greg?

And I think, I may be wrong, NEF is a newer format for more recent Nikon cameras. I know I couldn't use that format with my lightroom until I got a more recent version of Lightroom which supported NEF format from my D3300. See if GIMP can be updated.

These are the $12 ones of amazon, there cheap, but I cant come up with a complaint

This is an old D60, I think Im going to just get lightroom and use the Mac for all the editing, its screen is much higher quality anyway, and really moves quick (SSHD)

Yep, til death do you part.

Ive had a few times where I wondered if she might not be the cause of said death :wacko:

I had to empty one of those full of grandma's pee and some spilled on my pant leg absolutely sickening

Ive had to handle a bedpan for my gpa, step VERY CAREFULLY :mellow:

Dude! Awesome pictures

Thanks man! How are things over at GT?

Damn man, is she doing better? Atleast the new apartment didnt toast tho, silver lining right :)

These are the $12 ones of amazon, there cheap, but I cant come up with a complaint

This is an old D60, I think Im going to just get lightroom and use the Mac for all the editing, its screen is much higher quality anyway, and really moves quick (SSHD)

Ive had a few times where I wondered if she might not be the cause of said death :wacko:

Ive had to handle a bedpan for my gpa, step VERY CAREFULLY :mellow:

very carefully is correct, at the time though I told grandma quit peeing in that nasty bucket in the cottage and just use the outhouse. She did not listen and she emptied the bucket herself from then on, she did need that exercise anyways. Sad part was when we finally left back to the states grandma got the alone time she always wanted for two weeks, she came home in the most horrible health ever from not taking care of her self and not exercising and also not watching her diabetes when she was alone.
NorthGaHillbilly

very carefully is correct, at the time though I told grandma quit peeing in that nasty bucket in the cottage and just use the outhouse. She did not listen and she emptied the bucket herself from then on, she did need that exercise anyways. Sad part was when we finally left back to the states grandma got the alone time she always wanted for two weeks, she came home in the most horrible health ever from not taking care of her self and not exercising and also not watching her diabetes when she was alone.

Its hard with old folks, they have had 70+ years to get set in there ways, but that aint always the best thing.

Where does/did she live?

cruzH20polo

Busy man, very busy, just got a paper out for review and about to submit another one. Aaaaaaannndd I'm about to set up my quals to move from a Ph.D. student to a candidate, basically living on my computer

Although I did find some time to run over to ReefShac yesterday

NorthGaHillbilly

Busy man, very busy, just got a paper out for review and about to submit another one. Aaaaaaannndd I'm about to set up my quals to move from a Ph.D. student to a candidate, basically living on my computer

Makin moves man! Both papers on bacteria stuff I couldnt follow?

Its hard with old folks, they have had 70+ years to get set in there ways, but that aint always the best thing.

Where does/did she live?

bornborn/raised in Finland during wartime, sorta, married in united states but still visited Finland almost yearly until 2 years ago (she's around 72 BTW) she still has the war ration mentality and will eat expired food when given the chance :grossed face:
cruzH20polo

Ha maybe, one's a method paper on people sample microbes out of oceans, the other is a pretty cool story about a methane oxidation bacterium

NorthGaHillbilly

bornborn/raised in Finland during wartime, sorta, married in united states but still visited Finland almost yearly until 2 years ago (she's around 72 BTW) she still has the war ration mentality and will eat expired food when given the chance :grossed face:

I "liked" this one, not because I'm into eating expired food, but thats a really wild life for her to have lived through. My grandpa was in WW2, but grew up in the depression, and I know what your talking about, seeing people that grew up in hard times puts it all in perspective.

Ha maybe, one's a method paper on people sample microbes out of oceans, the other is a pretty cool story about a methane oxidation bacterium

LOL, I had a hard enough time with method papers when I knew what they were describing... but stories about methane oxidation are my cup o' tea

Couple of new updates... First one is for Mark, its not that exciting, but its a fuzzy stick

16513021550_d794e24a86_c.jpg

Next is a cool project Ive got going. Its been set up for a week, but I wanted to make sure it was going to work before I went and publicised it

The current vase is only .75 gallons, but I plan to find a new one here soon thats about twice the size. A few plants, air pump for circulation and some unknown shrimp my mom got a while back. If anyone has an idea what they are we'd love to hear it. She has a planted 20 gal with literally THOUSANDS of them, adult size is less than .5", eat algae.

16512885748_beedbfbf6d_c.jpg

16514308549_ccd868abf9_c.jpg

Caradina shrimp, that's the genus, as for species I don't know now.

Yeah it does put tings into perspective, what did he do in WWII?

Also for the sake of gross humor grandmas dad who was in all the really hard times had a favorite snack. Every time he'd go to the market (things work a little different in Finland) he'd buy as I'm told only lunch meats with a whitish crusty mold, no other mold but this type, of course cashier is selling this at discount. He gets home and on a regular basis ate this moldy meat, which I'm told wasn't the best smelling, as one would any normal lunch meat. He was eating this for a very long time as I hear, likely before grandma was born. And he never got sick from it.

I "liked" this one, not because I'm into eating expired food, but thats a really wild life for her to have lived through. My grandpa was in WW2, but grew up in the depression, and I know what your talking about, seeing people that grew up in hard times puts it all in perspective.

LOL, I had a hard enough time with method papers when I knew what they were describing... but stories about methane oxidation are my cup o' tea

Couple of new updates... First one is for Mark, its not that exciting, but its a fuzzy stick

16513021550_d794e24a86_c.jpg

Excellent, and it looks happy. Now you need 5 or 6 more. :)

NorthGaHillbilly

Those are Red Cherry Shrimp.

At this point Im sure your right. I was wondering because of there small size, none have grown over .5" in the several years my mom has had them, but everything else lines up.

Those are super cute shrimp!

I'm really diggin them, they are really active, and far from demanding.

Whatdoya mean it's not that exciting? :angry:

LOL, nothing too unusual perhaps, but ive wanted one for a good while. I really wanted that BRIGHT green in the tank.

Excellent, and it looks happy. Now you need 5 or 6 more. :)

LOL, if I can get this one growing well then Ill definatly add some more. I have two acros in the tank, but I think there "zombie Acros" from all the past parameter swings. They just wont do much.

LOL, if I can get this one growing well then Ill definatly add some more. I have two acros in the tank, but I think there "zombie Acros" from all the past parameter swings. They just wont do much.

LOL I got a couple like that too...

ahhh shit... local guy posted up a 34"x23"x14" rimless... I couldnt resist.

Ahhh yeahhhh you'll love the rimless and the extra space. When you picking it up?

Archived