Innovative Marine Aquariums

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

no doubt about that. We did alot of DIY, which she was really happy about and saved a ton of money, my head spins when I look at etsy and see what folks are charging for silly stuff. What kind of theme are yall goin for?

You lost 5 man points for just mentioning Etsy :lol:
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no doubt about that. We did alot of DIY, which she was really happy about and saved a ton of money, my head spins when I look at etsy and see what folks are charging for silly stuff. What kind of theme are yall goin for?

Ohhh yea she's trying to do as much as she can, navy/grey more of a mix of some contemporary/ rustic and Asian, she's half Taiwanese/white. I'm really just hoping for one giant party cause we are all about non traditional. Getting married in the middle of downtown Chicago on the river.

NorthGaHillbilly

I lost alot more than that while making all that silly shit

Ohhh yea she's trying to do as much as she can, navy/grey more of a mix of some contemporary/ rustic and Asian, she's half Taiwanese/white. I'm really just hoping for one giant party cause we are all about non traditional. Getting married in the middle of downtown Chicago on the river.

sounds awesome man, let me know what kind of rustic stuff your doing, we had a real mason jar shindig, http://graceology.com/bree-greg-cenita-vineyards-wedding-7-7-14/, and I made a majority of the decorations. If you need any help and I am able, Id be happy to give what advice I can

Fun looking wedding man. Good luck on your day mpsti. You're getting married on my wife's birthday.

I laughed my ass off when I read this. Etsy isn't ALL chic stuff, but mostly...lol

Steensj2004

Was in Kings Bay at the sub base yesterday! I like GA!

Black sand is nice, but then again it has some bad reviews, I never had any problems with it in my Nuvo 16 though...

NorthGaHillbilly

Will do, your wedding looked awesome

Thanks man!

Was in Kings Bay at the sub base yesterday! I like GA!

Black sand is nice, but then again it has some bad reviews, I never had any problems with it in my Nuvo 16 though...

Sand... uggh.

The problem Ive heard about with black sand is that it shows everything, but I dont know that thats a bad thing.

Added the Davinci to the main tank, not a long QT, but as both in the QT were aquaculture fish, and he seemed healthy, I went on and put him in. My old clown isnt playing nice, but...

A refuge

16852247086_46c013831a.jpg

Really pumped about the hosting, the old clown refused to even look at the nem, but this guy went to it within 24 hours.

I also got quite a few coral from a friend today, cment here on NR. Hes moving into a house and upgrading to a 60 gallon from a ~30 gallon, but breaking down his frag tank in the process. He was good enough to send several things home with me :D

Pics of the new stuff tomorrow

I lost alot more than that while making all that silly shit

sounds awesome man, let me know what kind of rustic stuff your doing, we had a real mason jar shindig, http://graceology.com/bree-greg-cenita-vineyards-wedding-7-7-14/, and I made a majority of the decorations. If you need any help and I am able, Id be happy to give what advice I can

Just looked at these. What a gorgeous day, that wedding looked awesome.

NorthGaHillbilly

Looking forward to seeing the new stuff Did you ever try out that Milwaukee digital refractometer ?

I still havent yet, my buddy got his in, but Im get to go check it out,

Just looked at these. What a gorgeous day, that wedding looked awesome.

Thanks Mark, I appreciate it, I relayed the message to the lady and hearing that made her day.

NorthGaHillbilly

cleaned all four panes of glass before going into work this mornin, and then took some pics. I've got to get up with Chris to get the trade names for some pieces, but you can see the new stuff on the rack, as well as the king midas zoas on the small "zoa garden". There is a big dragon soul favia colony stuck in the back corner from Chris as well, but Im waiting for it to color up before taking pictures.

Disclaimer, playing with the WB settings, so things are alittle off, still too much blue haze to things.

Before dipping and acclimation

16690518878_f1cc550a19_z.jpg

Most of em on the rack

16886844482_2716f72304_c.jpg

Zoa garden

16888040795_f1cd404233_c.jpg

Right Side (Green meat completely back to normal after upping feedings and getting nirates back up)

16680702487_38b7046e78_c.jpg

Cant properly get the colors to show up on the rainbow from Lawn, but really coloring up great

16265655214_942afa4e9a_c.jpg

Original clown quit beating the new one's ass after 48 hours, the new guy seems torn between hosting the nem and hanging out with the other clown

16700408228_f4d230492f_c.jpg

FTS

16887050441_98a902f893_c.jpg

And the other "tank", population has grown well in the past few weeks up to ~30 shrimp

16862525216_a50dee4910_c.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Ooooh, pretty.

In this case the camera subtracts 10 pounds :lol:

Trying to get the WB worked out, but the quality of the pictures continues to get better

In this case the camera subtracts 10 pounds :lol:

Trying to get the WB worked out, but the quality of the pictures continues to get better

You're running all blue+ and a purple, right?

NorthGaHillbilly

You're running all blue+ and a purple, right?

4 blue+ one actinic and one purple+. I just went and looked at the pictures in comparison to the tank, on the Mac they actually match pretty well, on my laptop, cheap hp, they are way off.

4 blue+ one actinic and one purple+. I just went and looked at the pictures in comparison to the tank, on the Mac they actually match pretty well, on my laptop, cheap hp, they are way off.

They look pretty good on my monitor, just very blue.

NorthGaHillbilly

They look pretty good on my monitor, just very blue.

Yea thats what I was getting on my comp, Im not going to claim its not a blue heavy spectrum, but its far less blue than a radion on 20K setting, if youve seen that

Yea thats what I was getting on my comp, Im not going to claim its not a blue heavy spectrum, but its far less blue than a radion on 20K setting, if youve seen that

I love blue :) lol

NorthGaHillbilly

I love blue :) lol

Ditto!

Ben concocted up a shopping list to loose 2 T5 and add a diverse strip of "blue" LEDs down the center of my fixture, still debating between the work and a reefbrite strip... I need that LED POP!

What on earth is the teal thing in the middle?

I believe it is a montipora confusa...

Maybe, undata... I'm not a huge fan of montis tho, but one of those two lol

Figured I'd post this here so you could see the results of your advice...1x12 red oak stained walnut and waxed.

F5B8743C-4ED3-436E-8219-3240FCA7D33A.jpg[/url]

3378F35C-E65E-4CEC-89C9-BDE767B418F5.jpg

BC40F168-F2F1-4DAE-B1FF-3CCEF4DA3265.jpg

6CCD8526-F474-4125-BD06-6007A86A81A0.jpg

A95D802F-FF02-487C-8971-A09367009372.jpg

F5B8743C-4ED3-436E-8219-3240FCA7D33A.jpg

Archived