Pod Your Reef

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

Sorry Gena, I completely missed your post. I personally think around 200 is fair as its a pretty common color, but ive seen them sell for much higher.

I've seen them wholesale for more lol

Great shots tho man, whatever your doing differently is definitely working for ya!! not that your pics were horrible or anything before :)

Bringing em to the new page...

Sorry Gena, I completely missed your post. I personally think around 200 is fair as its a pretty common color, but ive seen them sell for much higher.

I dont know what the difference is between now and when I last tried shooting with this camera, but I'm having NO problem getting pretty awesome shots.

Shot under a B+ and a True Actinic

15964760183_a51a1853ed_c.jpg

16397309778_c9d0f75b68_c.jpg

Im not sure what is going on with my nem, it seems very healthy, hasent moved an inch, gets fed regularly, but the center has gotten pale while the tentacles are getting brighter... who knows

15964754073_e410532593_c.jpg

16397501820_8790b30f02_c.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

I've seen them wholesale for more lol

It depends on which one, I got that here locally for 175 retail, and have seen much better ones go for less wholesale locally.

Nice shots!

Thanks broski

NorthGaHillbilly

Great shots tho man, whatever your doing differently is definitely working for ya!! not that your pics were horrible or anything before :)

Bringing em to the new page...

Thanks man, yea im not sure what changed, but there really coming out good.

It depends on which one, I got that here locally for 175 retail, and have seen much better ones go for less wholesale locally.

Thanks broski

How long ago did you get it... a year+ ago I could get them around that retail no problem, now not so much for the most part.

I haven't looked in a while but I just checked a second ago to see if they have gone back down at all.... one place had one similar (but IMO not quite as nice) had one for $150 but you had to spend an additional 1500 on "general" stock :lol:

NorthGaHillbilly

How long ago did you get it... a year+ ago I could get them around that retail no problem, now not so much for the most part.

I haven't looked in a while but I just checked a second ago to see if they have gone back down at all.... one place had one similar (but IMO not quite as nice) had one for $150 but you had to spend an additional 1500 on "general" stock :lol:

Im looking back, I got it the end of August.

LOL, looses alot of its luster when that 1500 comes into play :D

That friggin Chalice is AMAZING! I knew I should have done the black sand again....sets off those corals so well! Your tank has me excited for mine!!!

NorthGaHillbilly

That friggin Chalice is AMAZING! I knew I should have done the NO sand again....sets off those corals so well! Your tank has me excited for mine!!!

Thanks! Thats the first time Ive managed to get a good picture of the pink boobies. As for sand... see above :D

Amazing pics, that nem looks magical.

I really appreciate it. The nem is really looking awesome, I hope the faded out body is healthy, but i would think it would have moved if it wasnt happy.

Thanks! Thats the first time Ive managed to get a good picture of the pink boobies. As for sand... see above :D

I really appreciate it. The nem is really looking awesome, I hope the faded out body is healthy, but i would think it would have moved if it wasnt happy.

Hehehehe, Bewbs

And I meant to say,"black" sand, not,"No" sand, lol

NorthGaHillbilly

Hehehehe, Bewbs

And I meant to say,"black" sand, not,"No" sand, lol

Yea I keep coming up with reasons to say pink boobies, because its hilarious.

I dont know what the difference is between now and when I last tried shooting with this camera, but I'm having NO problem getting pretty awesome shots.

Shot under a B+ and a True Actinic

15964760183_a51a1853ed_c.jpg

16397309778_c9d0f75b68_c.jpg

Im not sure what is going on with my nem, it seems very healthy, hasent moved an inch, gets fed regularly, but the center has gotten pale while the tentacles are getting brighter... who knows

15964754073_e410532593_c.jpg

16397501820_8790b30f02_c.jpg

nice shots buddy!

WOW....impressive photos!!!! Looks amazing...and I had a feeling that meat coral was out of my comfort zone for coral purchases LOL. I'll just admire yours :wub:.

NorthGaHillbilly

WOW....impressive photos!!!! Looks amazing...and I had a feeling that meat coral was out of my comfort zone for coral purchases LOL. I'll just admire yours :wub:.

Thank you! I was beyond blown away when I started snapping pics and then looked at the view screen. There definatly not cheap, but I'm blown away by how cool they are. I was going to get a 3rd, but Lawn offered up his killer rainbow wlso... coming next week :D

Thank you! I was beyond blown away when I started snapping pics and then looked at the view screen. There definatly not cheap, but I'm blown away by how cool they are. I was going to get a 3rd, but Lawn offered up his killer rainbow wlso... coming next week :D

Nice...wish I had room to add some color like that. I'd have to remove something to do it and I don't want to get rid of anything. Oh well...next tank.

Nem pics are really great. We need close ups of the pink boobies. Bc bewbs. How many times can we say boobies in a thread before it goes to far? I mean, boobies of any color are good, boobies in a tank are great, where do pink boobies in a tank rate?

NorthGaHillbilly

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I was doing a water change today and took a few more pics, I haven’t cleaned my glass in a week, so I stuck with more top downs. These had all bulbs on.

16604533775_0d5077a24c_c.jpg

16417324228_aac0dd142d_c.jpg

Finally getting the black back in this chalice, and some growth

15982349234_3705a978ec_c.jpg

16397226527_f624077e55_c.jpg

16578524996_9e55670802_c.jpg

Personal favorite picture, tho its a pretty standard coral

16397211767_03b2b77851_c.jpg

I'm not sure what changed, but my mangrove finally started to put out some leaves

16603332791_27ce2d2018_c.jpg

The coraline take over

16417293948_a9ce9046ec_c.jpg

Archived