Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Came home to a VERY cloudy tank, checked my top off bucket thinking it might have messed up and pulled from the settled kalk on the bottom, no dice. Then I look up and see the nem blasting out sperm... that son of a bitch splooged in MY TANK. Skimmer is chugging along pretty heavily, letting it run wet for now, and planning a decent WC in the morning. Fingers crossed

NorthGaHillbilly

Make sure you wash your hands after messing with the money shot tank.

......was it the bubble tip?

Yea, it was... that nasty ####er.

Skimmer pulled some gunk last night, and tank is 90% clear. Everything looks alright.

NorthGaHillbilly

Whew. That's interesting and scary at the same time. Wonder what caused it to be so, uh, happy.

Part of me things it had to do with lighting. I had the coral+ bulbs not come on yesterday, So it was just a Blue+ and an Actinic, with LEDs for handful of hours at the end.

Its completely anecdotal but here are a few things I found common when reading online:

Shift in lighting

major change in chemistery

Spring time

Raise in tank temp

NorthGaHillbilly

All is well on this side, did a decent WC and things seemed to appreciate it, I just got more salt, so Im back to having 20g of SW on hand at all times, gatta keep up on those WCs.

I was looking back at pics to post in another thread and saw what my sump USED to look like...

15863360592_9a94573519_c.jpg

Now

16417293948_a9ce9046ec_c.jpg

I have stayed up way to late reading this whole topic..

I gotta say, your tank is a great inspiration, very colorful, well thought out, and beautiful DIY work! I gotta keep tabs on your tank and see what you make of it in the future!

NorthGaHillbilly

Sorry man, hope the family is ok.

I appreciate it Mark, my Momma is doing amazingly well. Gatta get the shop prepared for the rest of the week, then head up there to do my part

As we say in the aviation community, He has gone west, blue sky and tailwind.

Thoughts and prayers out to your family

Sk8n Reefer

Sorry about your Grandpa- I always loved talking with my grandparents and hearing how life used to be! Hope everyone is handling it well.

Archived