Top Shelf Aquatics

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

I'm lousy with fixing stuff haha I always will try though and try to learn like on Monday I'm replacing carpet in a hall and on a step. I envy people that have the ability to build things and do it well.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

I'm lousy with fixing stuff haha I always will try though and try to learn like on Monday I'm replacing carpet in a hall and on a step. I envy people that have the ability to build things and do it well.

My LED build was pretty damn minor, but It was simple.

Make sure to get out the dust mask for the carpet

NorthGaHillbilly

Glad you're back. Sorry about the Welso ... the prettier they are the faster they die.

Aint that the truth, and thanks Mark

I just fed the coral everyone is gorging out lol

When I read your post, I went and thawed out some food and fed my deprived tank, I need to get back on feeding regularly, lost some color from having nurtients being too low.

Its looking like my nem might finally be splitting. First time hes deflated in months, since the clown started hosting, and hes up to ~8" across. Fingers crossed.

Aint that the truth, and thanks Mark

When I read your post, I went and thawed out some food and fed my deprived tank, I need to get back on feeding regularly, lost some color from having nurtients being too low.

Its looking like my nem might finally be splitting. First time hes deflated in months, since the clown started hosting, and hes up to ~8" across. Fingers crossed.

Yeaaaaa! Hope it does for you. Mine hasn't split,juse keeps getting bigger lol. I feed once to twice a week. And spot feed the nem bubble and torch corals formula 1 pellets randomly

To be honest I think I am going to put my tank back on prodibio, or however it's spelled. I ran it I'm my nano cube and it really seems to kick things up a notch.

NorthGaHillbilly

Nem didn't split, bummer.

I realized how badly clogged my old pre filters were on the RO, changed em out and My output almost doubled. Hoping the change helps with the film algae I've been getting lately

NorthGaHillbilly

I've been looking at getting an ro system lately. Just more convenient

Im really glad I got one. It was a complete pain to get ro from my LFS, and it's only .5 miles away. Being able to have a mixing station is also really great, both RO and SW on tap at all times
NorthGaHillbilly

Yea that's what I'm saying buddy. What salt do you use? I've looked at a few here and there no decision yet tthough

Plain ol IO. Its been getting the job done fine. Reminds me I need to do a WC, its been close to a month i guess

What ever happened to that big tank you bought? Still have plans on setting it up?

Still sitting there just like when I got it. I need to get it up and running, but its just going to be such a PITA. Im going to have to build a new top for my stand, which is just time, but also a new overflow, which is time and money.

NorthGaHillbilly

Ready to give up chalice ? ;)

LOL, its currently the star of the tank, gatta keep up with the Jones's

What's up dude? Working on a few wood projects as usual...pics in my thread later. Just got dado blade....fun!!!

NorthGaHillbilly

What's up dude? Working on a few wood projects as usual...pics in my thread later. Just got dado blade....fun!!!

just truggin through family stuff and work, but all is well. Im looking forward to seeing them, Ive got a few things goin right now as well. Dado blades, now were talkin. With dado blades and a sled you can do ALOT. I build all my Shaker front doors with that setup! (A pretty big project, but youve got everything youd need to do it, ~$300 in materials and youve got one of the best upgrades for curb appeal)

just truggin through family stuff and work, but all is well. Im looking forward to seeing them, Ive got a few things goin right now as well. Dado blades, now were talkin. With dado blades and a sled you can do ALOT. I build all my Shaker front doors with that setup! (A pretty big project, but youve got everything youd need to do it, ~$300 in materials and youve got one of the best upgrades for curb appeal)

Lets see the door!

NorthGaHillbilly

Lets see the door!

lookin for a pic right now

Heres a walnut one

1920276_10152270451286228_1843575150_n.j

And heres a walnut and sycamore

1901572_10152270451531228_443816738_n.jp

Heres a walnut one

Beautiful. ....I'll take the walnut!

NorthGaHillbilly

Beautiful. ....I'll take the walnut!

Its amazing how little goes into a FD, its not any different than a cabinet door, just a bit bigger

Heres a walnut one

Holy god those are amazing!!!

Do you have a pic/plans for the sled? One of many jigs I am looking at making, including finger join, mortar/tenon, etc.

NorthGaHillbilly

Bro I'm going to look at a new car Monday super,stoked

That's awesome man, what are you planning on getting? I'm seriously kicking around the idea of a focus ST

Holy god those are amazing!!!

Do you have a pic/plans for the sled? One of many jigs I am looking at making, including finger join, mortar/tenon, etc.

Thanks broski, I actually use the slead off my shapers to run the rails...http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Tools-COP-100-Professional-Cross-Cutting/dp/B000W3RC10

Wow, those doors are pretty!! Niiice work!

Thanks mam'

Looking at a fj cruiser trd special edition. Love my Tacoma but,with the dogs we need more space in the vehicle. Also that door looks awesome bro.

Archived