Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

I was gonna use it for our bamboo plants and flowers :)

Morning hillbilly how goes it man?

Pushing it a kitchen in 3 days... :/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pushing it a kitchen in 3 days... :/

Ugh haha. I'm getting ready to clear out under the steps to make room for the water storage. I think I'm going to keep the 65g drum filled with rodi and a 300 heater,and one or two 5 gallon buckets with lids to keep made salt water on hand. Then bump water changes to 5 gallons a week. I think I'm gonna do primarily sps corals and some more zoas

Random question - throwing WAY back to the stand construction. Your runners that support the legs, did you use tenons or just screw the runners in place?

Thank ya mam

I've got it running it to a barrel out back and use it to water the garden, but out here water is so cheap it's not an issue,we pay 3.50 for every 1000 gallons after the first two, and here atleast if you call and tell them what your using it for,and that your irrigating with the waste they don't make you pay the sewer fee, as it's not going down the drain

Our sewer rates get cut April thru Sept because people water lawns.
NorthGaHillbilly

Ugh haha. I'm getting ready to clear out under the steps to make room for the water storage. I think I'm going to keep the 65g drum filled with rodi and a 300 heater,and one or two 5 gallon buckets with lids to keep made salt water on hand. Then bump water changes to 5 gallons a week. I think I'm gonna do primarily sps corals and some more zoas

SPS... well isnt our pinky getting out there :P

Random question - throwing WAY back to the stand construction. Your runners that support the legs, did you use tenons or just screw the runners in place?

The legs directly contact the top, and go to the floor, but everything is glued and Kreged together, I wrote up a cluster#### of a PM, hit me back and Ill elaborate on what I didnt explain well

Our sewer rates get cut April thru Sept because people water lawns.

I never though of that, I had a good 30 min conversation with the water folks explaining my situation, even sent out a guy to check it all out, turns out he just wanted to see the setup... pretty boring at the water department I take it

Took a few pictures today when I saw how clear the tank looked, after being down on the tank for the last few months, it was nice to come home to a clean, clear and happy tank.

This SOB is getting big

18659899869_c9ab26bbc0_c.jpg

18846071355_f987bd60f2_c.jpg

Finally captured the lucky charm lepto right, my favorite piece in the tank

18819834566_492e4a089e_c.jpg

BOOM

18846089085_4ca28ca311_c.jpg

You can see the 2nd nem in the back

18658349178_066eb2ae00_c.jpg

18659934959_80e09b04d4_c.jpg

18223516564_0068cd2044_c.jpg

And the FTS

18840960502_0f31b87c6c_c.jpg

Damn - that was a GREAT response :) So your runners are just set in between the legs, pocket-hole screwed and glued. The legs are the same? Crazy. What makes the pocket hole screw and glue that much stronger than simply using wood screws to put everything together?

NorthGaHillbilly

Damn - that was a GREAT response :) So your runners are just set in between the legs, pocket-hole screwed and glued. The legs are the same? Crazy. What makes the pocket hole screw and glue that much stronger than simply using wood screws to put everything together?

Hey man, sorry I dropped off there, life got going

It's not stronger than screwing through one into the other, but it's hidden and you don't have screw heads to deal with

Well I took the plunge, up to 9 fish now. Three new dart fish, one of which has already jumped into a bucket of top off water when I had the screen top off :/

I thought you sent out that chalice already? I'll send you address again. ;)

Your tank isn't lacking for color AT ALL!

What is the goodness with the orange eyes? Is that the lucky charm lepto?

NorthGaHillbilly

What is the goodness with the orange eyes? Is that the lucky charm lepto?

Yes'm that's the lucky charm lepto, can't remember who named it, but it's a seriously bright coral, and a great grower for me

Yes'm that's the lucky charm lepto, can't remember who named it, but it's a seriously bright coral, and a great grower for me

Now I need to be on the hunt for one of those! It is gorgeous!

NorthGaHillbilly

What's going on in this tank here my friend? Everything good?

alls well man, added three dart fish, and dosed the DT with Parazi Pro due to some stringy poop, so now I sit around and stress out for the next 5 days while my skimmer sits like a paper weight

alls well man, added three dart fish, and dosed the DT with Parazi Pro due to some stringy poop, so now I sit around and stress out for the next 5 days while my skimmer sits like a paper weight

I used this junk from microbe lift that's herbal for some swollen eye dealie the wrasse had,it worked awesome. And when I add new fish,which is kinda moot cause I won't add anymore at this point.

How do you like the dart fish?

Don't stress bro it'll all be just fine.

NorthGaHillbilly

I used this junk from microbe lift that's herbal for some swollen eye dealie the wrasse had,it worked awesome. And when I add new fish,which is kinda moot cause I won't add anymore at this point.

How do you like the dart fish?

Don't stress bro it'll all be just fine.

I hope to not need it, but I'll go ahead and look into that med.

You've got room for a few more man... come on...

the dart fish are awesome other than already having one jump when the screen top was moved aside, they really fill the open water space. Everything else is moving around in relation to the rocks, so far they are spending ~20% of there time looking around the rocks, and the rest up in the top of the water colum

What up, G?

Not much man, just got done with a few months worth of honey do list for the wife, so looking to get another project going here soon. How have things been going on your end

HarryPotter

I hope to not need it, but I'll go ahead and look into that med.

You've got room for a few more man... come on...

the dart fish are awesome other than already having one jump when the screen top was moved aside, they really fill the open water space. Everything else is moving around in relation to the rocks, so far they are spending ~20% of there time looking around the rocks, and the rest up in the top of the water colum

So how many fish can I fit in a 45? Two clowns, a wrasse, and what?

Thinking an anthias and possibly a dwarf angel OR a tang

NorthGaHillbilly

So how many fish can I fit in a 45? Two clowns, a wrasse, and what?

Thinking an anthias and possibly a dwarf angel OR a tang

Until you out strip your bio filter or they start killing eachother. Not trying to sound like a dick, but it's really an up in the air thing. I'm over skimming to a rediculous degree, and have no sand to catch all the leftovers, so I'm pushing the envolope. Buts it's really a case by case thing, start slow and let things stabalize, then start adding every few months.

Just think ahead and make sure your adding your bullies last

Current fish:

Mccoskers flasher wrasse ~1 year

cardinal ~1 year

two clowns 9 months and 6 months

tail spot blenny 6 months

dotty back 3 months

Three bar gobies, dart fish, 2 days in DT

Ugh no more fish for me lol. Honestly I'd be happy at this point with just the clowns even. I like my other fish don't get me wrong but the only fish I could say I really want are fancy African gumdrop coral crouchers. They are awesome.

Glad the new additions are working out.

The name of that stuff is herbtana by the way.

Also on the fish front....

In the next few weeks I am hopefully gonna be putting a good sized order for coral in around 11 frags of sps and zoas so there may not be room in the tank lol.

Not much man, just got done with a few months worth of honey do list for the wife, so looking to get another project going here soon. How have things been going on your end

She'd is done, working on tool cabinet now. IM 20 just shipped, so gotta get moving on my stand. Gonna be talking with Tibbsy about his build too.

Salt critters is notorious for them bastards. I got scars still from getting stung by hydroids on my arm.

Man, I had hydroids come in on a ricordea I got from them. There were TONS. I ended up supergluing over them and haven't seen any since, but holy moly.

You ever test drive fiesta? Took mine for Sunday drive yesterday. Damn near rolled it but that's minor details lol

NorthGaHillbilly

You ever test drive fiesta? Took mine for Sunday drive yesterday. Damn near rolled it but that's minor details lol

I havent, me and a buddy at work are going to soon, had plans to but shit got hectic Im afraid. That looks like a blast, you really tore it up man.

My Grandma Margaret Porter Mavity is up playing fiddle for the angles. She was born in São Paulo, Brazil on July 5, 1923. She was one of the strongest women I have ever know, not a strength that competes with others, but a strength that supports, and empowers those she loved. Her faith was a thing to behold, a faith that would convince the most ardent skeptic of the love she felt so powerfully.

I can usually come up with something eloquent to say, but I cant say how much it tears my heart apart to know shes gone. She is in a better place, but I cant help but cry like a baby for the fact that my grandma is gone.

I havent, me and a buddy at work are going to soon, had plans to but shit got hectic Im afraid. That looks like a blast, you really tore it up man.

My Grandma Margaret Porter Mavity is up playing fiddle for the angles. She was born in São Paulo, Brazil on July 5, 1923. She was one of the strongest women I have ever know, not a strength that competes with others, but a strength that supports, and empowers those she loved. Her faith was a thing to behold, a faith that would convince the most ardent skeptic of the love she felt so powerfully.

I can usually come up with something eloquent to say, but I cant say how much it tears my heart apart to know shes gone. She is in a better place, but I cant help but cry like a baby for the fact that my grandma is gone.

Holy crap man I'm sorry to hear that. How you and the family doing? Everyone ok?
NorthGaHillbilly

Holy crap man I'm sorry to hear that. How you and the family doing? Everyone ok?

Thank you Pat, shits pretty rough, first Grandpa, now Grandmas gone, but you gatta roll with the punches. going to be a long road getting their house cleaned up and all. 50 years in one place leads to alot memories, and alot of shit.

Archived