SaltCritters.com

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

Another video! Narrated this time (why do I sound like Hank Hill?). B)

Display tank and Fish Room

Coral Farm Build Update (I really need to make a thread for this monster..

Wow Wow Wow and Wow im totally jelly.

• Like 2

And a nice little vid of the display. Sorry for the focus issues, my Canon T3i cannot do autofocus on video so I have to do manual. I suck at it :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice tank! That left side will look awesome once grown out!

Thats the plan. I recently added a Very Pink Bali Shortcake and Nice Pikachu Acro to that "hill". I think I am out of space now lol

Some pics!

New Chalice I got...

y9HATEX.jpg

Really nice Green/Red frag (the red didn't come out on photos)

rwIh4Hf.jpg

UC Pikachu

zbFnPsl.jpg

UC Pink Bali Shortcake

7dFztou.jpg

• Like 1

Fun tank! Is your vermiculata getting any deeper blue? Mine is pastel like that too.

Seems to depend a lot on lighting. I have some in the frag tank that are a more solid deeper color, but they will never be a deep deep blue like an Oregon Tort or Tenuis I don't think. I have a very sick colony in the frag tank that is very nicely colored (and is for sale ;) ).

IMG_1294_large.jpg?v=1434590907

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am considering to add the triton method to my new build after reading about it for the past 2 hours. Would you recommend this for a smaller system that is around 60 gallons total volume?

• Like 1

I am considering to add the triton method to my new build after reading about it for the past 2 hours. Would you recommend this for a smaller system that is around 60 gallons total volume?

I only recommend Triton if:

1. You can afford it. Smaller tank will help with elementz usage, but the tests will still be costly. (Don't take this as a knock, the cost is well worth the benefit in my opinion, but everyone has to judge for themselves).
  2. You have the space for a 10-20% of display volume refugium
  3. You have a good skimmer and a GFO/Carbon Reactor.
  4. You plan to keep primarily SPS corals (all corals are fine, but Triton on "LPS/Softies only" wont be quite the same consumptions).

If you can do all those, you are good. PM me if you want a tip on where to buy the Triton stuff ;)

• Like 1

Very nice tank you got threre :-)

Will be following.

Started dosing Triton elementz recently myself, but have not made the full switch to the method.

Looks like it's working well for you?

• Like 1

Very nice tank you got threre :-)

Will be following.

Started dosing Triton elementz recently myself, but have not made the full switch to the method.

Looks like it's working well for you?

I have zero complaints and tons of good things to say about Triton, 7 months in :D

• Like 1

That seems to be the general consensus from longer term users :-)

As a basic dosing regimen it too seems very well about a month in. And rather cheap as well :-)

• Like 1

I only recommend Triton if:

1. You can afford it. Smaller tank will help with elementz usage, but the tests will still be costly. (Don't take this as a knock, the cost is well worth the benefit in my opinion, but everyone has to judge for themselves).
  2. You have the space for a 10-20% of display volume refugium
  3. You have a good skimmer and a GFO/Carbon Reactor.
  4. You plan to keep primarily SPS corals (all corals are fine, but Triton on "LPS/Softies only" wont be quite the same consumptions).

If you can do all those, you are good. PM me if you want a tip on where to buy the Triton stuff ;)

PMed

• Like 1

Da heck is it for?!

That's the main raceway tank for my coral business: House of Sticks. I would post the URL but I think it may be against policy if I am not a sponsor (I plan to be soon). You can find it on facebook/google though. Eventually I will have a second identical tank running next to it, I already have the tank but I am waiting to set it up until I need the space. I also have an 80g quarantine system. I have pics of the whole build process which eventually will be posted in a new thread.

yes, please add a bit more context for the buckets. Also, I would love to see what's in there.

The buckets are just containers for the Triton Base Elementz 4-part dosing. Using 7 gallon buckets so I can easily store 20L each. I have a feeling eventually I may need larger containers however.

Right now the tank has about 10 acro frags, a few acro colonies, and lots of ReefGen Zoas. More stuff soon, just taking it slow at first until I get my water results back. The tank has only been wet 2 weeks so far, although the rock has been cycling for 6+ weeks.

• Like 4

That's the main raceway tank for my coral business: House of Sticks. I would post the URL but I think it may be against policy if I am not a sponsor (I plan to be soon). You can find it on facebook/google though. Eventually I will have a second identical tank running next to it, I already have the tank but I am waiting to set it up until I need the space. I also have an 80g quarantine system. I have pics of the whole build process which eventually will be posted in a new thread.

The buckets are just containers for the Triton Base Elementz 4-part dosing. Using 7 gallon buckets so I can easily store 20L each. I have a feeling eventually I may need larger containers however.

Right now the tank has about 10 acro frags, a few acro colonies, and lots of ReefGen Zoas. More stuff soon, just taking it slow at first until I get my water results back. The tank has only been wet 2 weeks so far, although the rock has been cycling for 6+ weeks.

That's incredible that you're going through 20 liters worth of dosing. How often are you going through this stuff? Is there no way to have a higher concentration? That way you can simply cut the dose size and use the same or smaller containers.

I can't wait to see the next video of the garage. Those 250 watt halides over the 15 foot tank?