Cultivated Reef

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

Just finished 4 days of Lights Out on my frag tank and its looking good. The cyano is 99% gone but I am pretty sure it will come back. A little is showing up in the display now also.

I also messed with the Gyres yesterday and set them up with A-A paddles for alternating gyre mode. Ended up with water all over the floor while making the changes because the instructions kind of lack. It's all working now though and the flow is actually quite a bit more without destroying my sandbed. In fact I woke up this morning to some more water on my floor (In the fish room) due to tiny chunks of Cheato clogging my overflow and the water level rising. This hasn't happened before so obviously more flow is going on.

Awesome job so far man.I just picked up a powermodule myself....loving it.

Very nice. What model did you get? Still light acclimating?

• 3 weeks later...

3 Months now with Triton and things are looking great. Almost time to mix up my next batch of Elementz.

Cyano is 99% gone (as of a week or two ago). A couple weeks ago I mounted 5 Acros to the rockwork and also a super-sweet tabling acro to the overflow. I'll have some pics hopefully in the next couple days. All the acros are gaining their color back from shipping stress and growth is taking off. A month ago I was dosing 85ml a day of Triton and today I am up to 135ml.

I have gotten sick of removing small strands of cheato from my frag racks so I decided to add a dedicated fuge. I'll be putting my spare 20 Long on top of the stand that holds the UV and Doser. Drilled, Painted, and partially plumbed the tank today - hoping to have it up and running tomorrow.

This also means the entire 48" width of that Solana tank will be dedicated to frags :naughtydance:

• Like 2

Some growth/encrusting comparison pics. I think all of these frags have been in the display tank less then a month so keep in mind they went through a big light adjustment during this period.

IWG4Emv.png

qEke6GC.jpg

D5s6BBU.png

jkN4MyC.jpg

• Like 1

So I just woke up and looked at my tank and water was super cloudy. Tiny white particles in every tank floating around. Then I looked closer and all the snails were at the water line. A second later I see one snail on my locline thats squirting water up at the mesh top.

My Astrea snails just spawned! Like, 10-20 of them at the same time.

• Like 3

Some pics from my frag tank... None of these were edited whatsoever. Straight JPG from my Canon.

dZFYdJb.jpg

Miami Hurricane Chalice

v3bBRab.png

Milli Colony

FklVGCi.png

ASD Blue Bird I think

45v0zCi.png

John Deer Lepto

wThdyYM.png

CC Nuclear Green Monti

FQ8NcjT.png

CC Dark Blue Lepto

5WzEDNx.png

JF Jack-o-Lantern Lepto

NVt5SqE.png

ARC Fireworks / CC Needle in a Haystack

5A6B9KP.png

TCK Goldrush

Mb6beon.png

Miyagi Tort

wvHoVVY.png

And lastly, a nice shot of the CC Kookabura Acan in the display.

fTPAjsE.png

• Like 4

Everything looks fantastic. I remember when you were in the IM 24 club. You are moving on up in the world!

My floor has been markedly less wet since the switch. Jokes aside, I really liked that Nuvo24 tank - but it didn't suit my impulse buying, too small!

I drove by a LFS today (not our go-to LFS; just one in a part of town I happened to be in) and they had an IM Nuvo16 for $379 "new in the box". Uhhh PASS!

Love your new tank and setup. We may be in the market to upgrade soon. Hoping Red Sea has the new Reefer series at Reef A Palooza next weekend so we can check it out.

• Like 1

I drove by a LFS today (not our go-to LFS; just one in a part of town I happened to be in) and they had an IM Nuvo16 for $379 "new in the box". Uhhh PASS!

Love your new tank and setup. We may be in the market to upgrade soon. Hoping Red Sea has the new Reefer series at Reef A Palooza next weekend so we can check it out.

The Red Sea tanks look nice. Not sure I like the overflow but if it works it works. Also kind of tall vs what I like but they look fantastic. I considered them but ultimately didn't get one cause I couldn't get it in time.

I would expect Build Quality and Warranty will be better then CADLights B)

• Like 1

Decided to take a few macro shots (without a macro lens mind you) tonight of the inverts in my frag tank.

Black and White Squat Lobster (I have an Orange/Red striped one too but he was hiding)

O69CD5o.jpg

Arrow Crab

Mema8oN.jpg

Periclimenes yucatan

TSMyp5Z.jpg

Periclimenes yucatan

o8uIY2c.jpg

• Like 5