Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

sangheili

Nice frag setup do you tag your corals?

About half of them - the ones that are not too easy to remember. I use an old school impresser.

About half of them - the ones that are not too easy to remember. I use an old school impresser.

that's awesome and a really good idea. I might steal it :ninja:

• Like 1

How about some pics?

I mounted some Acro frags plus a huge stag colony to the display today. JF Fox Flame, TCK Goldrush, JF Shocktart, JF Firecracker, WWC Little Red Ferrari, Ice Fire Echinata, and a couple more.

EHAGilk.jpg

05lugZB.jpg

EruSvlK.jpg

• Like 4

Wow man. Tank looks great, as well as the frag tank. Looks like you are setting up for your own aquaculture business. That's going to be pretty cool. Do you have AC in your garage? You have a license yet?

Wow man. Tank looks great, as well as the frag tank. Looks like you are setting up for your own aquaculture business. That's going to be pretty cool. Do you have AC in your garage? You have a license yet?

AC is being installed in a week or two. Sized appropriate to heat loading.

I've had the business license for about a month now. Done a lot of local sales. I'd love to share it but I don't want to upset the forum mods before I get a sponsorship B)

• Like 1

AC is being installed in a week or two. Sized appropriate to heat loading.

I've had the business license for about a month now. Done a lot of local sales. I'd love to share it but I don't want to upset the forum mods before I get a sponsorship B)

Cool man. Look forward to you becoming a sponsor!

• Like 1
Cameron6796

I must have missed it but what's Triton I've seen a few tanks with that in the title but could never find what it ment

I must have missed it but what's Triton I've seen a few tanks with that in the title but could never find what it ment

It's what he uses to dose his tank.

Triton Base Elementz (Cal/Alk/Mag/Trace)

Triton Individual Elements when needed

And for those that haven't heard... this is whats being built in my garage in the next 2 months.izIzNZd.png

That's sick.

• Like 1

Triton is a method and 3 key products:

1) ICP Water test. Extremely accurate testing of 32 elements in your water.

2) Base Elementz: Alk/Calc/Mag/Potassium/Trace/Macro food. Dosed as 4 parts with dosing pumps.

3) Trace Base: Individual trace elements (ex: Iodine, Vanadium, Manganese) that are dosed as consumed based on results from the ICP testing.

Much more can be found online. Do a google search on Triton reefkeeping :D

Here are the results of my last 5 Triton ICP tests:

WiJRs0D.png

picoreef78

Frag tank looking good.

I was thinking of getting a bigger tank when every I am able to buy a house.

I like Cadlights so far, I have a 50 gallon Artisan II cube and have been eyeing the Red Sea Reefer series (I like the sump organization) or the RedSea S series (Nice looking tank)a lot of wattage with the T5's.

How is the100 gallon tank working for you?

Frag tank looking good.

I was thinking of getting a bigger tank when every I am able to buy a house.

I like Cadlights so far, I have a 50 gallon Artisan II cube and have been eyeing the Red Sea Reefer series (I like the sump organization) or the RedSea S series (Nice looking tank)a lot of wattage with the T5's.

How is the100 gallon tank working for you?

It works well. The stand is not as nice as I hoped for (door has cracked where hinge is and the finish isnt perfectly flat on the stand sides). I think the Red Sea Reefer would be higher build quality if you like the dimensions.

Setup is amazing! Really wish i could settle down in a house a build a nice room like that! Everything looks very clean! Hats off to your setup!

• Like 1

A quick growth shot of some of my Zoas. I haven't been paying as much attention to these but wow have they been growing like weeds.

bPsTGJS.jpg

Totally forgot to mention how much I regret not visiting when I was in Vegas.

Do you have any close ups of the coral that is on the back wall, how is it attached, magnets?

Jebao magnets from a dead powerhead. They seem sealed but I will be inspecting soon as I seem to have some Vanadium creeping up in the tank from who-knows-what.

This is a closeup of it:

U7fB0e2.jpg

Another Zoa growth pic:

n9nUILV.jpg

• Like 6

Vanadium? How are you testing for vanadium? Why would you even test for that?

That SPS coral on the magnet looks fantastic - what is it?

And actually, I was hoping to see a close up of how it's mounted :flower:

• Like 1

Vanadium? How are you testing for vanadium? Why would you even test for that?

That SPS coral on the magnet looks fantastic - what is it?

And actually, I was hoping to see a close up of how it's mounted :flower:

Triton.

The magnet coral is an Acropora Plana. I don't have close-ups of the magnet as I would need to take it down to do so. The coral came with a relatively flat base on the back side and I just applied like a full tube of superglue and stuck it to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Another video! Narrated this time (why do I sound like Hank Hill?). B)

Display tank and Fish Room

Coral Farm Build Update (I really need to make a thread for this monster...)

• Like 4