ReefCleaners.org

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

That's incredible that you're going through 20 liters worth of dosing. How often are you going through this stuff? Is there no way to have a higher concentration? That way you can simply cut the dose size and use the same or smaller containers.

I can't wait to see the next video of the garage. Those 250 watt halides over the 15 foot tank?

There is no way I know to increase the concentration. The elements ship as 1 Liter bottles that are then diluted to 10 Liters by adding 9 Liters of RO. It may be possible to dilute 3 of the 4, but the one that can't is the alkalinity/potassium solution as it comes in dry form and would not dissolve in less water. The makeup of this dosing regime is quite a bit more complex then simple soda ash and calcium chloride ;) A large part of the Triton elements is actually "food" for the refugium macro algae.

The light are 400w 20k Radiums on a light mover. Also a T5 fixture and soon some Kessil accent lights for the LPS/Zoas section. :D

• Like 1

There is no way I know to increase the concentration. The elements ship as 1 Liter bottles that are then diluted to 10 Liters by adding 9 Liters of RO. It may be possible to dilute 3 of the 4, but the one that can't is the alkalinity/potassium solution as it comes in dry form and would not dissolve in less water. The makeup of this dosing regime is quite a bit more complex then simple soda ash and calcium chloride ;) A large part of the Triton elements is actually "food" for the refugium macro algae.

The light are 400w 20k Radiums on a light mover. Also a T5 fixture and soon some Kessil accent lights for the LPS/Zoas section. :D

Calcium chloride is pretty fun to mix since it's an exothermic reaction. I actually didn't know it when I mixed a gallon of BRS solution. It was fresh RODI water so usually it's very cold and when I picked up the jug it was hot so it caught me a bit off guard. But I don't think you'll be able to dilute it. That's an incredible amount of light since that tank only looks to be 10" or so deep. About how long do those 20 liter mixes last you?

Calcium chloride is pretty fun to mix since it's an exothermic reaction. I actually didn't know it when I mixed a gallon of BRS solution. It was fresh RODI water so usually it's very cold and when I picked up the jug it was hot so it caught me a bit off guard. But I don't think you'll be able to dilute it. That's an incredible amount of light since that tank only looks to be 10" or so deep. About how long do those 20 liter mixes last you?

The tank is 2 weeks old and mostly empty, so not sure. I know that on my display/frag tank (the subject of this thread) I go through 340ml per day right now. Thats roughly 1.5-2.0 dkh per day IIRC.

The tank is 12" deep but probably 10" of water depth. I get about 500 PAR in the center and 100 PAR on the edge. I will probably eventually be swapping to the large reflectors so I can lower the lights more.

• Like 1

The tank is 2 weeks old and mostly empty, so not sure. I know that on my display/frag tank (the subject of this thread) I go through 340ml per day right now. Thats roughly 1.5-2.0 dkh per day IIRC.

The tank is 12" deep but probably 10" of water depth. I get about 500 PAR in the center and 100 PAR on the edge. I will probably eventually be swapping to the large reflectors so I can lower the lights more.

That's a decent amount of dosing! :)

How many times do you dose over the day?

Totally off topic, but this got me to remember that local guy told me that he had a consumption of around 1dKH per hour! He doses around 1500mL per day on his 66gallon. Sounds totally crazy but his tank looks like it could very well be true. I guess there's a little bit of patience for most of us before we can get up to that kind of growth ;)

Sorry for the sidetrack...

• Like 1

That's a decent amount of dosing! :)

How many times do you dose over the day?

Totally off topic, but this got me to remember that local guy told me that he had a consumption of around 1dKH per hour! He doses around 1500mL per day on his 66gallon. Sounds totally crazy but his tank looks like it could very well be true. I guess there's a little bit of patience for most of us before we can get up to that kind of growth ;)

Sorry for the sidetrack...

I do 12 doses per day. I could do a lot more with the Kore 5th but I think less frequent longer doses is probably more accurate over the long run.

My dosing increases nearly every week lol. When I started the tank I was at like 70 ml per day. I am sure once the acros grow out it'll just keep climbing. Going to need some 7 gallon buckets for my display soon :lol:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hows the UC pikachu looking? I want one pretty bad.

Pics coming :-) I have two of them and they look very different. The one in my display is only about a month old and is still adjusting to its new lights, but it still looks great and its a massive frag. The UC Pikachu and UC Rainbow Dragon are both awesome high end corals.

• Like 1

Pics update!

I have recently added the following fish also (sorry no pics of them yet):

Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus (Pintail Wrasse)

Cirrhilabrus lineatus (Lineatus Wrasse)

Cirrhilabrus naoko (Naoko's Wrasse)

Serranocirrhitus latus (Fathead Anthias)

EPOCKcE.jpg

6ob7v8r.jpg

fwUJWjT.jpg

zUVb2i9.jpg

1Zssr9G.jpg

WWC Little Red Ferrari

mPUPAzj.jpg

Pink Lemonade

DID7Jsp.jpg

JF Fox Flame

75b06jT.jpg

UC Pikachu (Lost some color from a phos spike, also still adjusting to light)

A8SLLtE.jpg

UC Pink Bali Shortcake

7VlHv8N.jpg

SSC

4JqS7wU.jpg

Pearlberry

F7tNQE9.jpg

UC Blue Vermiculata

wCMJUBU.jpg

Green Slimer

98DDN92.jpg

Wild Aussie Stag

r3ayBmu.jpg

Unknown but awesome

SdT9jFC.jpg

k8VcCRi.jpg

Suharsonoi

GIeJvoP.jpg

Sunset Milli

szwd5KS.jpg

Red Dragon

VXCbusg.jpg

• Like 4

And I thought that my red planet acro encrusting over 1/3 of the frag plug in my tank was good growth for 3 weeks... It's incredible how much the green acro(?) grew from march to may (second row of growth shots). After that it doesn't look to have made as much growth but just gotten a ton more fuzzy and thicker.

• Like 1

And I thought that my red planet acro encrusting over 1/3 of the frag plug in my tank was good growth for 3 weeks... It's incredible how much the green acro(?) grew from march to may (second row of growth shots). After that it doesn't look to have made as much growth but just gotten a ton more fuzzy and thicker.

Yeah the pics are a bit deceiving, that thing has gotten so fat. It's growing in all directions but not branching yet.

Yeah the pics are a bit deceiving, that thing has gotten so fat. It's growing in all directions but not branching yet.

That's awesome. I just recently bought a blue digi, orange digi, and a blue acro so hopefully I can start seeing some growth with those. The store I was at also had a red dragon acro. I had no idea what it was and thought it looked amazing until I asked how much it was worth... They were saying around $200 an inch, haha.

You can tell that the green slimer has gotten a lot thicker. Specifically looking at the upper branches that are filling in better and also the base.

So is something like a calcium reactor a huge no-no with triton?

Not really, but it's recommended not to run both Base Elementz (4 part) and carx at the same time. They have a recommended media named Dastaco. Downside with CaRx is you don't get the same trace elements levels nor the macro algae food. Base Elementz is a lot more then just Alk/calc/mag.

• Like 1

Looking really good. Great growth. :) And I'm jealous of your Lineatus. So pretty.

Yeah the Lineatus is awesome. Hopefully I can snap some good pics of the fish next time I break out the camera. The tank is very full of fish even though it doesn't look like it in the pics (alot of the anthias hide when I come point the camera at the tank). I have like 8-10 Anthias B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...