Top Shelf Aquatics

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

That growth is pretty awesome, I know you're using Triton are you by chance using any type of other addins such as amino's or acropower?

Lots of fish food. Just recently started dosing Acropower on this tank and to be honest, the only thing im noticing 1month in is cyano on the sandbed. I dose a lot of Acropower on my farm tank but it gets less fish food then this tank usually.

What light are you running?

ATI Powermodule Hybrid 3x75w LED + 4x54w T5

Do you feel like the LEDs are noticeable?

For sure. Recently I changed the bulbs and i've been having the T5's do on/off not dimming to break them in. This results in times where its LED only at like 20-50% intensity and the tank literally glows during these dawn/dusk LED only times. Heck each 75w LED group is very similar to a Radion XR15w.

2x Luxeon M Royal Blue - 450nm (these are the larger multichip leds in the pic below)

2x Luxeon M Cool White - Full spectrum (these are the larger multichip leds in the pic below)

6x Cree XPE Blue - 465-470nm

1x Semileds Violet - 420nm

2x Cree XPE Red - 620 nm

maxresdefault.jpg

Cell phone shot of my ricordia:

1cPWJTt.jpg

• Like 1

What did you get me?

My mrs is sleeping on the couch, I'm watching racing extinction.

I got you a ton of coral, its all on our website. We just charge a little handling fee for each one, and shipping fees. :D

• Like 1
righttirefire

Oh send me some cool shit. I don't need to check your website. But you'll need to accept a 3rd party, out of state, post dated check. Lol... or wait until my reef budget resets.

• Like 1
righttirefire

I love supporting our NR supporters, but I also like my LFS. Once free freight is within acceptable price range. And I get over my fear of buying online. I'll definatly search your site and be messaging you.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Xmas Pics! Some of these have been fragged a little since last pics. Most haven't.

Green Slimer

Wub39SF.jpg

Blue Vermiculata

GOl9pVF.jpg

Paletta Pink Tip

lGpuDNp.jpg

ORA Pearlberry

YfHmy6G.jpg

Center: Strawberry Shortcake

nEFtXI0.jpg

UC Purple Monster

EpzQcUz.jpg

Jason Fox Firecracker

UVXZwuL.jpg

Jason Fox Shocktart

RbabAFu.jpg

Suharsonoi

9yfsaji.jpg

AquaSD Rainbow Milli - Was much larger but the main branch broke when trying to frag it lol

FhyQHHx.jpg

ORA Red Planet

cJ7ovjT.jpg

Red Dragon

ncKNcnH.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade

HM0lXDr.jpg

Jason Fox Fox Flame

NXVcyxO.jpg

UC Pikachu

NzkNG7i.jpg

UC Bali Shortcake

6XSDJE5.jpg

WWC Little Red Ferrari

H39L8ar.jpg

Cooler's Turaki

DhqgNQ3.jpg

HoS Aurora Plana Colony

EK9IAU1.jpg

IZxr6ZC.jpg

WYw0sFG.jpg

And a few shots from the frag tank connected to my display... Some of these frags are on our site :-)

ELR5AWe.jpg

HEckQST.jpg

tcCYToX.jpg

VANI8en.jpg

EAluDbo.jpg

• Like 8

I am so jealous of this system...

Thanks so much :lol:

Honestly the best part is just how easy the entire system is to run, the totality of my maintenance looks like this:

A couple times a week:

Clean Glass

Feed frozen

Test Alk

Every 30-60 days:

Send triton test

Refill triton containers

Refill GFO

Empty Skimmer container

Prune some macro out

Every 6months or so:

Clean skimmer

Clean Gyres

Every 12months or so:

Change T5 bulbs

Change doser pump heads

Gorgeous.

The red planet looks very odd (In a good way) with geeen going all the way up the branches! Mine just has green on the encrusting area.

Coloration on that seems very dependent on light. Ive seen them be on the spectrum from super bleached red, to dark red, to mixed, to almost all green. Mine is probably in about 200PAR. Personally I think the color on mine is perfect as I don't like the super red ones, the two tone is very cool. Lucky placement I suppose haha.

Also, for those interested in the tank's Apex vital signs... check here: http://www.reeftronics.net/sa/sangheili/apex-history

Keep in mind ORP probes are nearly impossible to accurately calibrate :P The one on this tank reads low by a couple PPT. I think the pH probe probably needs to be recalibrated too.

What do you think is the most important parameter to keep stabilized

And improve growth

If I had to guess... alkalinity. It is certainly the one that is most difficult, as compared to calc/mag/potassium/etc it is the least abundant in seawater.

• Like 1