Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sure you want a poci- they grow big quickly and attack anything it touches I am hitting the lfs in the morning to pick up some rock and then I should be scaping on Sunday . Might bring in my Ora brown cap too- not sure yet. As much as I love caps it was suppose to be a purple cap and came a solid brown. Maybe I can get better color in the 50gal. I do need to get a new thread going- that'd be fun

:) Yes, I love them! DO a new thread! yay!!!!!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OUCH! Sorry buddy! Good news I suppose is that collar bones heal up pretty good, although I imagine between the healing juncture and the new hardware you its going to be a bit lumpy on that side.

Broken ribs just suck.

Going under the knife in early December for a two-level spinal fusion and a laminectomy. Fun times!

Daymn bro!!! On the bright side you were "on" and having a good session before hand :) Pretty cool you got a good wife who is down to help with placing the rock and stuff too. Take it easy and get all fixed up, you will be back at it all again in no time man!

Well come to the club dude!

314253_10151196897814614_544012334_n.jpe

You have a few things to look forward too over the coming weeks... mainly the trail of items you drop and simply cannot pick up because of the pain haha. Everyone could find me due to my drug hazed trail of dropped items.

OUCH! Sorry buddy! Good news I suppose is that collar bones heal up pretty good, although I imagine between the healing juncture and the new hardware you its going to be a bit lumpy on that side.

Broken ribs just suck.

Going under the knife in early December for a two-level spinal fusion and a laminectomy. Fun times!

Ya - it will match my other side that I broke about 25 yrs. ago. ? laminectomy - had to look that one up- doesn't sound like fun but should really help you- your back must be a mess and give you a lot of pain. My wife is 3weeks into pulling her back out of whack too- we're quite a couple right now

Daymn bro!!! On the bright side you were "on" and having a good session before hand :) Pretty cool you got a good wife who is down to help with placing the rock and stuff too. Take it easy and get all fixed up, you will be back at it all again in no time man!

Ya- I was having a great time- yes she's awesome ! Helps me out with the tank all the time but won't bite when I recommend her having her own tank?

SCOTT!!!!!!!! Holy crap!!! that sucks :( I'm so so sorry.

Yup- part of the game but never fun when this happens!

Well come to the club dude!

314253_10151196897814614_544012334_n.jpe

You have a few things to look forward too over the coming weeks... mainly the trail of items you drop and simply cannot pick up because of the pain haha. Everyone could find me due to my drug hazed trail of dropped items.

That's not a club I wanted to be a part of ?Dang, where's that in your body? "drug hazed trail of dropped items" that made me laugh- which hurt like hell?

haha the trail was items around the house, like tv remotes, wallet, phones pretty much anything i needed was just out of reach on the floor.

They had me on tramadol which is horrible, makes you stupid and quiet high.

haha the trail was items around the house, like tv remotes, wallet, phones pretty much anything i needed was just out of reach on the floor.

They had me on tramadol which is horrible, makes you stupid and quiet high.

That's awesome- I am on Norco right now- helps but makes me feel "odd" and nausea. Go visit the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow

I hope the recovery goes well, man.

The tank can wait, get healthy and strong first!

Thanks Roger- appreciate it?

Yup- part of the game but never fun when this happens!

That's not a club I wanted to be a part of Dang, where's that in your body? "drug hazed trail of dropped items" that made me laugh- which hurt like hell

Note to self: don't make Scott laugh ;)

Oh my gosh, that must hurt balls! I'm so sorry for your injury but hey you can still type right? :flower:

I'm not sure chicken soup works in these cases but Chicken should always works IMO, both you and wifey need to get some snuggies in the tikki room, cuddle and soup it up.

haha watch out for those orthopedic surgeons they are rough!

There is a new type of surgery where they put a bar inside the bone, rather than a plate on top like i have. From what i have read its less annoying in the long run.

Oh my gosh, that must hurt balls! I'm so sorry for your injury but hey you can still type right? :flower:

I'm not sure chicken soup works in these cases but Chicken should always works IMO, both you and wifey need to get some snuggies in the tikki room, cuddle and soup it up.

Yes I can type- one arm bandit style.......your so funny- you nailed it- my wife caught me trying to change out the waist water 5gal. bucket( I am making water today) and gave me hell and sent me to the couch. She's making a grocery store run and I said get me some soup, I am in comfy's and I said maybe it's a movie day...........sounds like a plan?

haha watch out for those orthopedic surgeons they are rough![/size]

There is a new type of surgery where they put a bar inside the bone, rather than a plate on top like i have. From what i have read its less annoying in the long run.

Really? He did talk about putting a plate with screws over the bone- does it bother you?

Oh not really, its been in there for three years. I'm trying to decide if i'm going to take it out.

Plate with screws is fine, unless you wear back packs or tramp a lot, or want to be a fireman as the strap on your should can cause some pain.

Damn Buddy. That looks exactly like the break I had about 8 years ago from coming off a horse I was training. He spooked and reared and went over backwards. Was actually fairly lucky to only break the collarbone. Glad to hear you found a surgeon who will fix it. I never did. They all said the surgery was too risky. Now my left collarbone is an inch and a half shorter that my right. Enjoy the pain meds and rest for a few days.

Oh not really, its been in there for three years. I'm trying to decide if i'm going to take it out.

Plate with screws is fine, unless you wear back packs or tramp a lot, or want to be a fireman as the strap on your should can cause some pain.

Hmmm.......didn't think about that. I am using a backpack more than I ever have traveling for work but usuall use the right shoulder- that will be standard now ?

Damn Buddy. That looks exactly like the break I had about 8 years ago from coming off a horse I was training. He spooked and reared and went over backwards. Was actually fairly lucky to only break the collarbone. Glad to hear you found a surgeon who will fix it. I never did. They all said the surgery was too risky. Now my left collarbone is an inch and a half shorter that my right. Enjoy the pain meds and rest for a few days.

Argh- thanks man! Ya I am shorter on that side now for sure- hopefully surgery will go well

ouch, hope you recover fast. at least winter is coming so you wont feel as bad chilling at home recovering.

Thanks ninja- yup......let it snow?......maybe not quite yet

Yikes! That's quite a nice break you've done there! The bar inside the bone is called an interlocking nail, at least in the veterinary world. It can be quite an elegant solution, but I have no idea if you can place one in a bone like the collarbone (dogs don't have collar bones at all, and cats just have a little remnant of the collar bone sitting freely in muscle). I would think the curve of the collarbone might make it hard to place a nail.

I hope the surgery goes well and the recovery is smooth.

Yikes! That's quite a nice break you've done there! The bar inside the bone is called an interlocking nail, at least in the veterinary world. It can be quite an elegant solution, but I have no idea if you can place one in a bone like the collarbone (dogs don't have collar bones at all, and cats just have a little remnant of the collar bone sitting freely in muscle). I would think the curve of the collarbone might make it hard to place a nail.

I hope the surgery goes well and the recovery is smooth.

Yes, it's a good one for sure- thank you appreciate it

Ooooffah. That must smart.

Of course now you'll sit in front of the tank to relax...

....and see twice as many things are usual that you need to reach in and sort out.

Ooooffah. That must smart.

Of course now you'll sit in front of the tank to relax...

....and see twice as many things are usual that you need to reach in and sort out.

Ya- I took a good one. Yes my wife has already caught me trying to lift 5gal buckets of RO water- I've been banished to the couch ?

Get well soon!

Thanks man! I plan on healing quick- got more Crete to pour and gotta get this 50gal. Up and running?

Archived