Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

oh my god.

ow.

glad you're ok and surgery went well.

so excited for the new tank!

Thank you-ya it was the worse fall I've ever had. Took 3 big pieces into AA today and transferred some rock over to the 50. I'll post up some pics here in a bit

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

Thank you-ya it was the worse fall I've ever had. Took 3 big pieces into AA today and transferred some rock over to the 50. I'll post up some pics here in a bit

was there last night for my tang! maybe next week i'll see your pieces in the tank.

those lyre tail anthias he has in... i may get three of those. or if he gets bartlett anthias in. i can't decide.

Fun day today. Traded in 3 nice size colonies and freed up some rock that I transferred over to the 50g. Here's a shot before I began

bf17d552bb82eb674514b992bf16bbbd_zpsvv5g

Started with my ora Birdsnest that I fragged from my other colony.

ed192d33f7ee74af1b42d12ece7782d7_zps9b9m

3150b9518cf2fc23ddf0fcfa79c933d7_zpsirre

Then my ora purple plate that never was purple but a nice brown? grew from a small little frag

10e3e91c6566f8fefe64d75c0eb98d3f_zpspean

24c32608ca8fa06ae7a0d8050a62e615_zpsf4h2

Then #1 blue digi- I broke the large finger off about a month ago so I kept that piece

b1b2b79ec2f4a4da39e896b322706e69_zpsdtsl

Ended up looking like this. Poor seasons greetings in the back was only getting light in a small little area and has died off in the others - it's hardy and should come back. It's enjoying some light now?Next I think I'll try to move the green cap over to free up some bigger rock

7dc86ae68bb73cc9934bd94dd7a1678e_zpstxdh

was there last night for my tang! maybe next week i'll see your pieces in the tank.

those lyre tail anthias he has in... i may get three of those. or if he gets bartlett anthias in. i can't decide.

Nice! Ya I am thinking over fish stock too. I have 4 pieces in there now- they're on the side of the original frag tank- the second one now. It's like my own little section?

Got after it and took things down to the sand? broke out my green cap and removed some good size rock to the 50g. Broke the ponape birdsnest loose. Stirred this tank up good.

Here's my purple rimmed green cap on its end while I pull rocks out - it's pretty cool to handle a piece like this after you've been looking at it for a year and a half. It's was infused with everything around it. Quite a large piece?

f68d4102f3eeda7e2bb99397d0d67ca5_zpspkqi

Ya, staying at the Chicago Athletics club again - really like that Hotel. I really enjoyed walking around downtown last time- it was fun to be in a big city again- downtown Denver's pretty small. How's the tank coming along?

Jealous! I LOVE Chicago!!! Shopping especially at Christmas time :).

I can't touch coral bare handed. It makes my fingers tingle LOL.

Jealous! I LOVE Chicago!!! Shopping especially at Christmas time :).I can't touch coral bare handed. It makes my fingers tingle LOL.

Ya if I only had the time. I'll try and cruise around in the evening - always nice to find a good restaurant ?. Sometimes they do bother me but mostly the Pocillopora tend to make me feel their sting

righttirefire

I have a plate in my hand, no issue with airport security. I even asked about it as I walked through security. So I doubt you'll have any issue with security

Rescape and placed the large cap in the middle and moved the ponape Birdsnest over to the left. Open up season's greetings and my sunset Monti to start receiving more light again. Got a lot of rock moved over to the 50gal. ?.

e3da8c8170b1f988a6c7e3d2df106e9f_zpszl3i

I have a plate in my hand, no issue with airport security. I even asked about it as I walked through security. So I doubt you'll have any issue with security

Cool- that would be nice not to slow the process ?

take a drive up Lake Shore Dr. just do it when there's no traffic =P

Ya that is a beautiful drive.......it's been a long time since I've done it. I am not renting a car this trip so I am limited in that way

Spent the day up at the cabin?

82a74ae41aed3615ae023d3a8ab5be98_zpsrxnp

6af22207f239becd8cb4703960f54baf_zpsviyc

It's a pretty special place up there

31c7b85ddb25d62a69378677790bd976_zpsswkr

Entry way

242ae303c57cd76947af103d6c239eac_zps03da

Spare bedroom and my little office area

dfc6086d3891dbed21d3b22cd85a2203_zpsqqva

Looking from the kitchen into the living room

fe795912c0d842bef7461e74097ca49e_zpsvz82

Heading upstairs

327a35ed72368ab599a290c412bfa641_zpslwyv

Master bedroom

36f47c01b4870490c2d2fc12ad916831_zpspkrj

I love this chair- great place to chill

dfad94d8f2d024eab65b1f169358e29a_zpskcrm

Upstairs bathroom coming together - needs some trim on the back wall

d542403ed50f519b234b6909d917b634_zpsauyp

Our yard dog!?

78e3e1018f8ecebf792feafd9575fef5_zpsxrlb

Beautiful place man, looks like its coming together quite nicely!!! :)

Thanks man! We got some things done this year- not as much as we wanted but got all the bathrooms and running water dialed in this year. Separated out the grey water from the sewer water? I'd love to have a portable tank to take up there when we go for a week or two. In the summer we stay for a month at a time so a little 2-3 gal. portable might be cool. It's an hour drive from our house so a battery operated heater and airstome would help for the drive.........hmmm might have to see what that would look like ? what do ya think -to much work? Maybe some shrooms and some neon gobies. Do they make battery operated heaters?

Thanks man! We got some things done this year- not as much as we wanted but got all the bathrooms and running water dialed in this year. Separated out the grey water from the sewer water I'd love to have a portable tank to take up there when we go for a week or two. In the summer we stay for a month at a time so a little 2-3 gal. portable might be cool. It's an hour drive from our house so a battery operated heater and airstome would help for the drive.........hmmm might have to see what that would look like what do ya think -to much work? Maybe some shrooms and some neon gobies. Do they make battery operated heaters?

Yeah housing projects always take longer then expected it seems, I know ours sure did... always run into an unknown somewhere lol Definitely looks great tho so far and I am sure the finished product will be amazing with killer views so you really can't go wrong IMO.

A portable tank would be cool but you'd have to figure out a way to seal it to prevent splashing/ keep it level so it doesn't spill I'd imagine. The airstone and heater wouldn't really be needed inside the car IMO, an hour isn't going to be a big deal for either air or heat really.

Yeah housing projects always take longer then expected it seems, I know ours sure did... always run into an unknown somewhere lol Definitely looks great tho so far and I am sure the finished product will be amazing with killer views so you really can't go wrong IMO.

A portable tank would be cool but you'd have to figure out a way to seal it to prevent splashing/ keep it level so it doesn't spill I'd imagine. The airstone and heater wouldn't really be needed inside the car IMO, an hour isn't going to be a big deal for either air or heat really.

Thanks man, ya it would be a great place to retire. We got it super cheap(bank owed) so our investment hasn't had to be crazy expensive. The new metal roof was probably the biggest single item. But that's critical for up there and it should outlast me?

That could be easier then without the airstome and heater. Didn't think about it splashing around- have to think about that. The container or tank would be key for sure.

Loving the cabin, Scott! It looks like such a great place to relax.

thank you- it really is........just needs an empty pool in the backyard? but my wife draws the line there?. what do you think about my idea of having a portable tank to take up there? I would love to have a little tank to fiddle with

do a 3 gallon caribbean tank with sexy shrimps / rics / shrooms / rock flower anemones / goby. and bare bottom to make transport easy.

I like it! great suggestions- as Chris said a tank that has a spill safe top would be key. I'll search around for something but that could be a challenge

It looks like stage 1 of your transfer went well. That was a great way to approach it too. And the 16 is still pleasing to look at while you are preparing the 50.

Scott, your cabin in the woods is so awesome. You and your wife really got a treasure there!

Spent the day up at the cabin

fe795912c0d842bef7461e74097ca49e_zpsvz82

That is a really neat oven. Any idea how old it is? Looks vintage

Edit: Just noticed the bright red tv.. hehe

It looks like stage 1 of your transfer went well. That was a great way to approach it too. And the 16 is still pleasing to look at while you are preparing the 50.

Scott, your cabin in the woods is so awesome. You and your wife really got a treasure there!

Thank you Dawn, yes the transfer is going well- I am traveling all week so my wife is handling both tanks- pretty much on auto except for feeding. She loves to hand feed the brittle stars with flake when their arms are out- I keep hoping she'll want to keep the Nuvo up but no luck yet?

Ya the cabin is a pretty special place- fairly untouched mountain town for the most part- it was an old stage coach path back in the day. The lower, original part of the cabin was built in 1905- then they added the upstairs in the 80's- we are lucky to have it. The large rock out droppings are awesome- one they call Sphinx head and our community is Sphinx park?

I love the cabin! What kind of hummingbirds do you get there?

Thanks Gena! Not sure what type- I'll have to ask Lisa- she would know. Yes there are plenty- I've seen the green colored ones a lot. We have to be careful not to put the feeders anywhere a bear can get them ?

That tree needs fragging.

Wow, this hobby really colours the way we view the world!

Hahaha- never thought about it like that but I do always think many plants look like corals- definitely connected somehow

That is a really neat oven. Any idea how old it is? Looks vintage

Edit: Just noticed the bright red tv.. hehe

Thanks - not sure but again, my wife would know! It's huge though - almost to big for the place. Not sure how they got it in there- wasn't easy that's for sure? yes we love colors and really color the place up!

When can I make my reservation for a stay at the cabin? It's beautiful. Nice work.

Thanks man, book it quick.....spots are filling up ? one day though when we finish it up I would love to offer it up

What I did when I was transferring my IM 16 gallon tank to another buddies of mine. I work at my local fish store and i got shipping bags and some LFS will carry them they might cost $2 or less. The are thick walled bags and place them in a bucket just in case of popping. had SPS and all were all good.

Archived