Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

sooo...when do we see this new tank of yours?

It's alive ? actually been getting some work gone on it. Rocks in and moving along- it's not scaped yet. Been trading in colonies and moving some of the rock from the Nuvo over? there's a few shrooms that made it over and a small piece of my purple rimmed green cap that broke off the colony and a really small red encrusting Monti. Plenty of rock left in the Nuvo too

Here's a quick pic from this weekend

c6edbc29118a3e64bd45ad4d057a7426_zpsrkn1

Wanted the wires to be hidden as much as possible so we hung a box, cut some holes in it and placed all the power strips inside. I'll be placing foam tubing around the outer cords to minimize their view also. The green little container is temporary to hold the ballast until next weekend when I can mount it

Figured I should do something about this ?

c839a96bdf5fe4796397926c69dc8a99_zpskwmu

Hung the box and Lisa started accessorizing with........what else Tiki's ??? The framed piece is one type she makes - so is the small one in the 1st pic but it's hard to see

11ab77e660638c8d85bfb93b863efbfc_zpsojn1

Stoked to get the wiring hidden - just bundle up the outside ones, cover in foam tubing, label all the outlets and wiring should be good to go? Then it would be nice to have a door ? probably time this tank gets it's own thread

7d8accf365eca325413ce58a65c383cf_zpsycec

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming along nicely :)

Thank you! Nano sapiens ?

Really looking good. It fits the room well.

Thanks man, it's getting there - still a lot to do to tikify it ?

Looking good!!! I love that cord box! Great job.

Thanks Stellablue.......ya I am happy it came out so well. Really cleans the area up!

Turn the big 5-0 today! 50yrs. Whew!! Feeling good still and keep moving along. I am healing good from my injury and we be ready to go soon enough! I get to fly to DC for the week ?.

Thanks Stellablue.......ya I am happy it came out so well. Really cleans the area up!

Turn the big 5-0 today! 50yrs. Whew!! Feeling good still and keep moving along. I am healing good from my injury and we be ready to go soon enough! I get to fly to DC for the week .

Happy Birthday!! :flower:

Got to keep these old bodies moving so they don't stop for ever. :D

You know, I am pretty jealous you get deer on your property. Most of the time I go hunting I always see deer crap but never the actual deer. So I just take the crap home instead. Ugh..

Happy Birthday!! :flower:

Got to keep these old bodies moving so they don't stop for ever. :D

Thank you........yes we do........the older I get the less I want to grow up ?

You know, I am pretty jealous you get deer on your property. Most of the time I go hunting I always see deer crap but never the actual deer. So I just take the crap home instead. Ugh..

Hahaha! Their fun to look at but they eat everything in the yard ?

Turn the big 5-0 today! 50yrs. Whew!! Feeling good still and keep moving along. I am healing good from my injury and we be ready to go soon enough! I get to fly to DC for the week .

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! and I don't believe you. NO freaking way you're 50.

the way you talk about skating, i figure you are 25 or something =P.

Young at heart...........skating keeps me that way ?

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! and I don't believe you. NO freaking way you're 50.

Hahahaha! Thank you! I'll take that one for sure! ?

Hey, Happy Birthday! You fooled me because of the sk8n, I figured you weren't even 40 yet, ha ha! 50 isn't bad and I celebrated by going skydiving.

The tank is coming along very nicely, BTW.

^^ I figured maybe in your 30's :)

hahaha! thanks man- your making me feel good!

Hey, Happy Birthday! You fooled me because of the sk8n, I figured you weren't even 40 yet, ha ha! 50 isn't bad and I celebrated by going skydiving.

The tank is coming along very nicely, BTW.

thanks Dawn, ya 50's no biggy-every milestone I hit never is as bad as it sounds - lol

ya, I should be transferring some coral in the next couple of weeks if my travel schedule can calm down

ARE YOU SERIOUS! Happy 50th! I thought with your skating shenanigans you were in your 20s/30s

ARE YOU SERIOUS! Happy 50th! I thought with your skating shenanigans you were in your 20s/30s

hahahaha- thanks Kat! nope I am 50 yrs. young - been skating for 40 yrs. now- staying active as I can! that's the key

Happy birthday! I got you beat by two years but I can't skate any more :)

The tank looks great, and I love the look of the cord box. I'll have to keep that idea in mind for the future!

Happy birthday! I got you beat by two years but I can't skate any more :)

The tank looks great, and I love the look of the cord box. I'll have to keep that idea in mind for the future!

Thanks man.....you can always pick the board back up? come on out to the house and we'll get ya going no problem.........you can always kick back and have a beer too?

Happy Birthday!

Thanks Morgan!

Just got to my hotel in Tyson's Corner DC- time to go find some Sushi. Took a bunch of picture of the Nuvo last night and forgot to bring them?. My wife is on double tank duty ? it should be fairly easy for her just feed the tanks. I did water changes all weekend and changed out my GFO/Carbon in the reactor

Just got to my hotel in Tyson's Corner DC- time to go find some Sushi. Took a bunch of picture of the Nuvo last night and forgot to bring them. My wife is on double tank duty it should be fairly easier for her just feed the tanks. I did water changes all weekend and changed out my GFO/Carbon in the reactor

Lotsa good places to eat there...

Cute little brittle star. I just can't get over the diversity of life that we find in our tanks :).

Really digging the new tank set up also, the floating 'power box' that you made is really cool.

Archived