Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and me both Should be coming in next week- hopefully early part of the week

Sweet! I've been comparing the NanoBox Hybrid with an ATI Hybrid Powermodule- tough call!

Sweet! I've been comparing the NanoBox Hybrid with an ATI Hybrid Powermodule- tough call!

Well Dave does not mod the older power modules anymore so you have to go with the sun powers.....those are ugly so if you want the sleek look of the power module you have to go ATI.........

Well Dave does not mod the older power modules anymore so you have to go with the sun powers.....those are ugly so if you want the sleek look of the power module you have to go ATI.........

I meant the powermodule or NanoBox Hybrid.

I meant the powermodule or NanoBox Hybrid.

Ah ok :D I asked Dave about doing a Hybrid before I got the ATI. It would have been a modified sunpower so I went Powermodule

Yah but no 8 bulb option for those who want T5 dominant unfortunately.

True, I am planning on running my T5's mid day for 5-7hrs. Haven't locked in the details yet. I do like the look the bulbs give though- softens things out when they are running. Having the 4 clusters of LED gives good even coverage throughout the tank and I am only at 45% right now. I should have my new light next week and then I need to use my lfs par meter to dial in the light ?

True, I am planning on running my T5's mid day for 5-7hrs. Haven't locked in the details yet. I do like the look the bulbs give though- softens things out when they are running. Having the 4 clusters of LED gives good even coverage throughout the tank and I am only at 45% right now. I should have my new light next week and then I need to use my lfs par meter to dial in the light

Oh you'll have plenty light that's for sure. :) And a sexy light.

I have a powermodul waiting for the new tank.........

Sexy times, what tank you setting up?

Fun day yesterday- added a clean up crew to the 50gal. A mixture of Trochus and Astrea snails and 6 scarlet hermits to start. Also picked up an acro enchinata and a Montipora spongode.

Put the enchinata in the Nuvo

vJsLsrx.jpg

vuibMSO.jpg

And the spongode in the 50gal.

CSOXenf.jpg

Some random Nuvo shots

Encrusting Monti

a5xloWl.jpg

Digitata pieces making a come back

v9Prlir.jpg

Purple rimmed cap up close

FgInHF2.jpg

9INuufk.jpg

Sweet new pick up! :) Dont be surprised if that echinata browns out for a while, every one Ive ever had has been real touchy with moves but are well worth it IMO

Sweet new pick up! :) Dont be surprised if that echinata browns out for a while, every one Ive ever had has been real touchy with moves but are well worth it IMO

Thanks man! Ya, I beat it up pretty bad during the dip- a full 15min. in revive and then a good brushing with toothbrush- it was pissed!

Thanks man! Ya, I beat it up pretty bad during the dip- a full 15min. in revive and then a good brushing with toothbrush- it was pissed!

You kids and your revive lol Bayer is so much more coral friendly man ;)

You get that new fancy light yet?

You kids and your revive lol Bayer is so much more coral friendly man ;)

You get that new fancy light yet?

Hahaha! Freebie from a show so I'll use it- it's kept everyone pretty safe so far. I haven't ventured into the Bayer yet but I have looked at the bottle at home depot? that's a start. New light should be here next week- hopefully early next week

You really can't go wrong with the bayer IMO, I started using it a few yrs ago after losing 6 out of 10 deepwaters to revive (and werent my first batch of losses that I had no other reasonable reason for losing), haven't lost a coral from dip stress since ;)

Revive is fairly effective for a bit of stuff, just very risky IME especially with sensitive sps. Everything looks great tho man, I just know you've talked about getting into some more sensitive types so I'd hate to see ya needlessly risk them.

Hopefully the new light arrives soon man, really look forward to you being able to get the 50 rockin soon! :)

You really can't go wrong with the bayer IMO, I started using it a few yrs ago after losing 6 out of 10 deepwaters to revive (and werent my first batch of losses that I had no other reasonable reason for losing), haven't lost a coral from dip stress since ;)

Revive is fairly effective for a bit of stuff, just very risky IME especially with sensitive sps. Everything looks great tho man, I just know you've talked about getting into some more sensitive types so I'd hate to see ya needlessly risk them.

Hopefully the new light arrives soon man, really look forward to you being able to get the 50 rockin soon! :)

ya, I should switch over-not sure of the dosage- ive read different amounts. we'll see how the smooth skins go- hopefully I'll have success ?. thanks man, ya I am excited about the 50

thanks for the inspiration dude :)

Starting up my nuvo 16 soon :lol:

awesome! thanks and good luck- it's a fun size tank

Love the new additions, especially that echinada :)

thanks , it is a cool piece hopefully I can keep em happy?

ya, I should switch over-not sure of the dosage- ive read different amounts. we'll see how the smooth skins go- hopefully I'll have success . thanks man, ya I am excited about the 50

Dosage is simple really.... When I made it for just a couple frags I'd do 10ml to 4 oz of water. Worked like a charm, never any issues. Now I fill a 5g bucket with a gallon or two and pour in bayer until its looking like skim milk :lol:

Dosage is simple really.... When I made it for just a couple frags I'd do 10ml to 4 oz of water. Worked like a charm, never any issues. Now I fill a 5g bucket with a gallon or two and pour in bayer until its looking like skim milk :lol:

That's what I am concerned about- no real recipe.........is that a thicker skim milk or thinner - lol

Nice tank and nice new additions!

Thank you! Appreciate it

Archived