inTank Media Baskets

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Awesome photograghy. Thats neat having a mix of close ups of the pe of the coral with pics of individual coral and a FTS. O yeah, I love the snuggling clowns. What is cuter than that?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome photograghy. Thats neat having a mix of close ups of the pe of the coral with pics of individual coral and a FTS. O yeah, I love the snuggling clowns. What is cuter than that?

Thank you Dawn. Yes- we do enjoy the clowns ?. Ya, I am not happy with my wife angle lens shots for FTS so I just use up the iPad. Such blue colors though with that. I'll try some new shots again today with the wide angle. Heading back to SLC for the week so I'd be nice to have some new pics to edit while I am there ?

Came back from being away for a week and really noticed the growth of the corals . Alk is rock solid with the doser - love it. Dosing 72ml. a day now to keep Alk at 7. Got some shots this afternoon. Here's a mix of iPad and some macro shots

Season's greetings, grafted cap and orange/red encrusting Monti are loving the light and showing some really nice growth spin stream Poci is out of control yes it's still spinning

721fb4aa7dd3ab37bca4c8d64d612ab8_zpsz6eg

FTS

28259e375d950f7009bd2b67f2edeffd_zpshx6n

Purple Stylo about an inch from the surface now

IcDO7mW.jpg

Pink Stylo

7RRvozg.jpg

Spin stream Poci

d6VHqke.jpg

QZGQ7sZ.jpg

Encrusting Monti - with one little green polyp sticking out

lfRSrK2.jpg

Clowns doing their dance

SrTpCQc.jpg

I love that this tank just keeps chuggin along even after you started transferring stuff to the big tank. It looks better than ever!

My spinstream keeps growing algae. I think I need to glue a frag of something on it to crowd out the algae :)

I love that this tank just keeps chuggin along even after you started transferring stuff to the big tank. It looks better than ever!

My spinstream keeps growing algae. I think I need to glue a frag of something on it to crowd out the algae :)

Thanks! I can't believe all I had stuffed in there- it's still full ? yes, glue a frag on there we can start our own spin stream coral thread- lol

3 more months and I will hit 2years- crazy!

Thank you Dawn. Yes- we do enjoy the clowns . Ya, I am not happy with my wife angle lens shots for FTS so I just use up the iPad. Such blue colors though with that. I'll try some new shots again today with the wide angle. Heading back to SLC for the week so I'd be nice to have some new pics to edit while I am there

Yes, it would be nice for us to see pics that you edited while you are there!

I thought that grafted was alot smaller last time I popped in here? Is it a WWC grafted or just a grafted cap I can't remember... either way if you ever break a piece off let me know ;)

I thought that grafted was alot smaller last time I popped in here? Is it a WWC grafted or just a grafted cap I can't remember... either way if you ever break a piece off let me know ;)

Yes- it's a WWC grafted- the rate it growing that should be too long!

Yes- it's a WWC grafted- the rate it growing that should be too long!

Yeah I thought it was just a small piece on a plug, looks like its having no problem growing at all for you lol

What doser is it your using again? I have a calcium reactor but might go with a doser until demand is higher so I don't have to hand dose at all lol

Yeah I thought it was just a small piece on a plug, looks like its having no problem growing at all for you lol

What doser is it your using again? I have a calcium reactor but might go with a doser until demand is higher so I don't have to hand dose at all lol

Bubble magus- 3 pumps very nice doser

Some shots from last weekend

This rock has so much life growing on it.........Puffball stealing the show. Taking up residence under a shroom

kEsrRio.jpg

oksYnwE.jpg

Ponape Bird waiting to be transferred

hjKlB3m.jpg

Some shots from last weekend

This rock has so much life growing on it.........Puffball stealing the show. Taking up residence under a shroom

Nice! So much life in there!

Ponape Bird waiting to be transferred

hjKlB3m.jpg

you mean the birds nest is waiting to be transferred to my tank? :lol: that is a BEAUTIFUL piece of coral. If I can find some atime my LFS I will get it.

you mean the birds nest is waiting to be transferred to my tank? :lol: that is a BEAUTIFUL piece of coral. If I can find some atime my LFS I will get it.

Ha! That's right ?. Ora Ponape Birdsnest- they can order one from orafarm.com. They also have some really nice red varieties- ck em out. Look under hard coral then Seriatopora

Took the ponape birdsnest apart a bit today and dug out the branch that has the pocillopora growing in it. I think I'll save this one- it's interesting seeing the combo. Transferred the birdsnest over to the 50g- pics up tomorrow. A few pics from today

Growing deep in the birdsnest

0izBkjr.jpg

The branch with some pocillopora left on the bottom. Could be cool to see how this grows- both are fast growers

JlWxCDX.jpg

Snail baby's

Esgr2go.jpg

Pavona?

ScqVnIe.jpg

Cap

rwGwy76.jpg

Big boy! One of the original hermits enjoying a large snail shell and cruising around the rim of Idaho grape

FExMP2o.jpg

No chance the poci will totally overtake the birdsnest?

We will see- they are both fast growers but the poci is a machine. I am hoping they grow in different directions and can co- exist. I spent hours under the microscope grafting them together to make a new coral..............not?

Cool pic of the hermit crab!

Ha! That's Big Boy- he's out grown all the other hermits..........maybe cause my wife likes to hand feed him ?

Those baby snails are too cute! What kind of snail are they?

By the looks of their cute antenna and the shape I think they may be stomatella. I used to have a ton of those guys, were really good at getting in all the little nooks and crannies.

By the looks of their cute antenna and the shape I think they may be stomatella. I used to have a ton of those guys, were really good at getting in all the little nooks and crannies.

Yes , for sure they really get in the tight spots!

I was thinking stomatella too. For some reason I can't get them to flourish in my tanks. I used to be able to. But not recently. I love those guys :).

Archived