Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wub: Newfies...actually all big dogs. :blush:

Some days I like him, some days I don't... so drooly. I'm totally a cat person...

I like his dogs better after they've been bathed and dried.

Some days I like him, some days I don't... so drooly. I'm totally a cat person...

I like his dogs better after they've been bathed and dried.

You just have to start carrying a towel with you at all times for the drool. That's how we were with my male dane. If you didn't, you were getting a bath when he came to say HI

reefernanoman

Some shots from last week.......

Limpet moving in with brittle

6wRvwkY.jpg

Cap dominating the center of the tank

IL0dFXM.jpg

Can't wait to see the grafted cap grow out

862zMwD.jpg

Benny hanging out

7Mkhnud.jpg

8V3xzTc.jpg

Ponape Birdsnest doing well on the left side of the tank now.....you can see the Pocillopora growing on the right side of the bird!

WuUY9Em.jpg

Nice cap! They get huge when conditions allow huh?

I would take either. My dane also thinks she is a lap dog, so a bully, to me, really is lap size...lol There is a 3 year old fawn colored female in a rescue on Craigslist right now. So cute.

Go get her!

You just have to start carrying a towel with you at all times for the drool. That's how we were with my male dane. If you didn't, you were getting a bath when he came to say HI

Danes drool? I didn't know that. I love the Neapolitan Mastifs but not sure I could handle the amount of drool they produce- slime trail everywhere

Nice cap! They get huge when conditions allow huh?

Thanks, ya now that I turned in some large colonies it has the whole center of the tank to grow out. I want to do the same thing when I transfer him to the 50gal- then it could really get big?

Awesome pictures man! Can wait to see what you can do with a full 50G setup. ermahgerd

Thanks Roger, just waiting on my new light and then I will start the transfer. Dave sent me an email saying it should ship Friday so I should be able to start transferring some coral over x-mas break ?

Thanks Roger, just waiting on my new light and then I will start the transfer. Dave sent me an email saying it should ship Friday so I should be able to start transferring some coral over x-mas break

O boy O boy, I am excited! I can't wait to see the new tank with corals in it.

Go get her!

Danes drool? I didn't know that. I love the Neapolitan Mastifs but not sure I could handle the amount of drool they produce- slime trail everywhere

The males do. Any dog with dewlaps (droopy lips) will drool. Males usually more than females. My female doesn't.

The bully is getting adopted. I checked...lol Prolly a good thing! My wife would have likely killed me if I brought home another pet. Still looking though.

The males do. Any dog with dewlaps (droopy lips) will drool. Males usually more than females. My female doesn't.

The bully is getting adopted. I checked...lol Prolly a good thing! My wife would have likely killed me if I brought home another pet. Still looking though.

Ah that's to bad......she might of been mad until that little bully loved on her- lol! I had no idea about male Danes drooling.

Ah that's to bad......she might of been mad until that little bully loved on her- lol! I had no idea about male Danes drooling.

If you ever frag a piece of that birds nest let me know. I WANT IT FOR MY TANK!! so pretty.
reefernanoman

Thanks man- will do

I sure hope that my Purple Stylophora gets as huge as yours one day! Mine has grown pretty well after a year, but nothing explosive like my orange monti cap. How long did it take yours to get to be such a big colony, and how big was the frag when you got it? Great job on your coral growth as always.

I sure hope that my Purple Stylophora gets as huge as yours one day! Mine has grown pretty well after a year, but nothing explosive like my orange monti cap. How long did it take yours to get to be such a big colony, and how big was the frag when you got it? Great job on your coral growth as always.

Thanks man, ya caps are hardy and grow well- one of my favorite sps. Here's a few pics

I got the Green cap 4-19-14 and it was a small frag - just a little bigger than the plug- here's a shot on the day I got 'em

imagejpg12_zps40c08cd1.jpg

I am sure your purple Stylo will- pretty hardy from what I've seen. He's been getting beat up by the large green pocillopora next to him on the right, green/yellow Stylo behind him and mushrooms at his base but he keeps cruising along ?. Here's a shot of him when I got him on 7-3-14.

imagejpg41_zps535e724b.jpg

This is fun seeing some growth shots.........might have to keep this up ?

Fired up the skimmer in the 50gal today. Tight fit in the sump with the phosban reactor( running GFO). Probably move over my mini max reactor(carbon) too once the Nuvo doesn't need it any longer

cd2e78dd913d6b2b1f62567975a6b70e_zpsqovf

Tight squeeze... hows the recovery?

Yes it is! Doing really well thanks, movement is almost back to normal and ribs have stopped hurting ? good thing there's snow though or I may be tempted to roll around- a little.......just little ?

Not sure what to do with this pocillopora colony- it's 5"wide by 7" long- front to back. It's very aggressive and wins most battles. This one doesn't proliferate like my other one(on the spin stream) but it's still a huge piece to bring over to the 50. There's an acro crab in there somewhere too- I hope- only seen him a few times. Not really set up to frag him into a bunch of pieces. I'd trade it in buts it's locked on a large rock with a hole that our tailspot blenny is calling one of his homes and I'd like to transfer that rock over. Check it out

6ad0da6a315d504043108f02dbf00c1c_zpswhwo

Not sure what to do with this pocillopora colony- it's 5"wide by 7" long- front to back. It's very aggressive and wins most battles. This one doesn't proliferate like my other one(on the spin stream) but it's still a huge piece to bring over to the 50. There's an acro crab in there somewhere too- I hope- only seen him a few times. Not really set up to frag him into a bunch of pieces. I'd trade it in buts it's locked on a large rock with a hole that our tailspot blenny is calling one of his homes and I'd like to transfer that rock over. Check it out

6ad0da6a315d504043108f02dbf00c1c_zpswhwo

You have to keep that piece :).

It would be cool to see it get even bigger but it will take up some major real estate - maybe keep it for awhile. Decisions decisions ?

You know it's goin in the big tank. And you know you will complain about how much room it takes up. And you know everyone will always talk about how awesome it is in the big tank :D

It would be cool to see it get even bigger but it will take up some major real estate - maybe keep it for awhile. Decisions decisions

Can you frag off one huge piece, bring that to the LFS and then keep a smaller piece with the rock for your 50? Looking good :) I like the crazy multiplying poci. The colors on both are cool, but your other one is so pink! and green!

Archived