Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Ok here's a few shots of the 50 with rock- not scraped at all just placed in to start the cycle. I'll add some additional smaller pieces that have been in my Nuvo's sump chamber. I'll also be transferring a lot of the rock in the Nuvo- once I trade in some larger pieces and can get to it! This rock in the tank now I am gonna bond together into some shapes with the E-Marco. The back left piece is a large flat slab on its side - I am gonna break it into smaller pieces and create some shelves for SPS to grow off. That's the plan at least. Also removed the powerheads and placed the heater in the overflow chamber- only place it fit. Gotta reduce my flow from my Sicce 3.0(714gph) it's just to much coming out of my returns. Especially once I set up the Gyre ?I can dial back the flow knob on the pump then probably add a ball valve to reduce more and dial it in.

Just running the T5's and the room was really dark so there's mostly blues coming through. Need to get a new thread up for this little baby?

65046e8753e5316188c30b994dc97ff5_zps7ixb

c50ebcc7b4c963bd725cd10eb91e49d1_zpsoaci

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin' good. How ya' feelin? Arm immobilized to let the shoulder heal?

Thanks man.....feelin better yes. I was miserable after surgery Thursday and Friday - didn't sleep a wink. Then Saturday afternoon things started feeling better and I got a good night rest Saturday. Been reducing on the pain pills and keeping up on ibuprofen. I just have a sling which I can remove. I was probably to active today- my wife kept on me to chill out but I got a lot done with the tanks and it helped take my mind off the pain. Back to work tomorrow - we'll see if I last all day- might make it a 3/4 day.

Glad you're feeling better. Pain stinks. Try not to get too close to the magnet cleaner....

Thanks Kat......hahaha didn't think of that one- that's hilarious ?

Marc.The.Shark

Dude, you're gonna get all kinds of cavity searched at the airport now! Lol. Did they give you the "I've got titanium plate/screws in me" card to show TSA?

Ok here's a few shots of the 50 with rock- not scraped at all just placed in to start the cycle. I'll add some additional smaller pieces that have been in my Nuvo's sump chamber. I'll also be transferring a lot of the rock in the Nuvo- once I trade in some larger pieces and can get to it! This rock in the tank now I am gonna bond together into some shapes with the E-Marco. The back left piece is a large flat slab on its side - I am gonna break it into smaller pieces and create some shelves for SPS to grow off. That's the plan at least. Also removed the powerheads and placed the heater in the overflow chamber- only place it fit. Gotta reduce my flow from my Sicce 3.0(714gph) it's just to much coming out of my returns. Especially once I set up the Gyre ?I can dial back the flow knob on the pump then probably add a ball valve to reduce more and dial it in.

Just running the T5's and the room was really dark so there's mostly blues coming through. Need to get a new thread up for this little baby?

65046e8753e5316188c30b994dc97ff5_zps7ixb

c50ebcc7b4c963bd725cd10eb91e49d1_zpsoaci

Such a sleek light!

Dude, you're gonna get all kinds of cavity searched at the airport now! Lol. Did they give you the "I've got titanium plate/screws in me" card to show TSA?

Right! Looking forward to it ? should find out in a week or so

Such a sleek light!

Yes it is- I am little frustrated with the Bluefish controller right now but I haven't sat down and worked through it. The Bluefish controls the LED's

Heading to lfs today to trade in more colonies from the Nuvo. Gonna trade in my brown cap, Ora Birdsnest and blue digi- #1. Since I snapped off the large finger of #1 I'll keep that portion and grown 'em out again. Still moving a little slow and sore but healing up slowly but surely.........

I have a nice new scar to share

755d0eb52902da9f373dda881597eed1_zpskabk

My whole left side is coloring up nicely- getting some really good colors going-? this extends all the way down my leg to the knee

edef9edb84f84da4836e72e4aeedc63e_zpsvrxm

Moving out these colonies should really help me get to the lower rock to transfer into the 50gal.

ouch! what pain meds did they give you?

Norco- which is like Vicodin. They worked "ok" but for short periods and made me a little crazy headed.......I've transitioned into Ibuprofen and Tylenol now. Heading to Chicago next week for Tuesday and Wednesday- should be an interesting trip through security with a plate in me now- do you guys have snow?

Norco- which is like Vicodin. They worked "ok" but for short periods and made me a little crazy headed.......I've transitioned into Ibuprofen and Tylenol now. Heading to Chicago next week for Tuesday and Wednesday- should be an interesting trip through security with a plate in me now- do you guys have snow?

Have a safe trip!! No snow yet, but its frosty in the grass every morning!

Have a safe trip!! No snow yet, but its frosty in the grass every morning!

Thanks, well that doesn't sound to bad. Quick trip only for a few days ?

Heading to lfs today to trade in more colonies from the Nuvo. Gonna trade in my brown cap, Ora Birdsnest and blue digi- #1. Since I snapped off the large finger of #1 I'll keep that portion and grown 'em out again. Still moving a little slow and sore but healing up slowly but surely.........

My whole left side is coloring up nicely- getting some really good colors going- this extends all the way down my leg to the knee

Moving out these colonies should really help me get to the lower rock to transfer into the 50gal.

HOLY HELL! That's a scar and a bruise :(

Super nice out today but looks like rain coming next week. You staying in downtown again?

Ya, staying at the Chicago Athletics club again - really like that Hotel. I really enjoyed walking around downtown last time- it was fun to be in a big city again- downtown Denver's pretty small. How's the tank coming along?

Looks like its healing up good atleast. Glad to see some rock in the 50, getting closer :)

Ya- it's pretty clean. Traded in some colonies and was able to transfer some rock over from the Nuvo so the cycle has started ? I'll have some pics up later

My whole left side is coloring up nicely- getting some really good colors going- this extends all the way down my leg to the knee

Mate doesnt look too bad! healing well.

Wow that's a huge scar. Glad you are on the mend.

I have to get a surge protector too. I use the DJ power boxes so i need a wall outlet kind of surge protection.

Thanks Kat! I've seen those DJ power boxes but have never used one.

Chick's dig scars.

Hahaha- that's what I say!

Glad things are healing and I bet it's a huge relief to be off the hard core pain killers!

Thanks man! Ya, although they got me through it I am definitely glad to be off them

HOLY HELL! That's a scar and a bruise :(

Yup! Gonna remember this one for awhile?

Mate doesnt look too bad! healing well.

Ya its is a clean scar- internal stiches - the ribs are what is still really tender

thecoralbeauty

oh my god.

ow.

glad you're ok and surgery went well.

so excited for the new tank!

Archived