inTank Media Baskets

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good Chris! If your manually dosing spreading it out in the morning (before lights on ) and then evening (after lights out ) will help with the consistency. I did that for about 6-7 months before I picked up a doser.

I got to put a doser down on my Christmas list I been a good boy so Santa should give me one lol. I really need to be more consistent with the dosing and maintenance on the tank. keep up the awesome work man!!!

Woohoo! The new setup looks so awesome! I'm even more excited now.

Also- the pavona has a really similar growth pattern to a lepto- looks like tiny little wires almost. very cool!

Thanks! Ya, your gonna love the tank! My first starfire tank and the clarity is pretty amazing? The Pavona is really cool- as you say the growth pattern is prett unique and looks really cool under a magnifier ?

What do you do for a living Sk8n reefer? So awesome!

Thanks man! I am in the Dental field - no pro sk8er but I do ride for Conspiracy Skateboards. I wish that paid the bills but it's just a 40yr old love affair with a skateboard?.

I got to put a doser down on my Christmas list I been a good boy so Santa should give me one lol. I really need to be more consistent with the dosing and maintenance on the tank. keep up the awesome work man!!!

Thanks man- ck out the bubble magus doser- decent price and a really nice 3 pump doser for Alk,Ca. And Mg. ?

Look at his backyard hes clearly a pro sk8r duh lol

Hahaha- don't I wish ?

Beer. :wub:

ATO. :wub:

Frags :wub:

Hahaha? thanks for stopping by Kat

I just received a message that a whole crew of people want to come over Sat. At noon for a Halloween session in the bowl- may see some costumes .

Gonna definitely need pictures of this :).

I think I am gonna trade this Pocillopora colony in this weekend - it's the same one that spread to my spin stream. It grew from a 1" frag and has spread all over the tank ?. Not a great pic- iPad shot

9bfd9e853697d0b023842b73cf349307_zpsahg3

wow thats a big colony :)

Yes it is and aggressive too- it's burned my monti's and Milli's- pretty much anything it touches. It's got about 10 different offsprings around the tank now also

I think I am gonna trade this Pocillopora colony in this weekend - it's the same one that spread to my spin stream. It grew from a 1" frag and has spread all over the tank . Not a great pic- iPad shot

9bfd9e853697d0b023842b73cf349307_zpsahg3

You know I want one of the babies, right??? RIGHT??? ;)

So Sk8n, when are you doing the tank transfer? :) I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW THREAD!

And tank :)

You know I want one of the babies, right??? RIGHT??? ;)So Sk8n, when are you doing the tank transfer? :) I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW THREAD!

And tank :)

Sure you want a poci- they grow big quickly and attack anything it touches ? I am hitting the lfs in the morning to pick up some rock and then I should be scaping on Sunday ?. Might bring in my Ora brown cap too- not sure yet. As much as I love caps it was suppose to be a purple cap and came a solid brown. Maybe I can get better color in the 50gal. I do need to get a new thread going- that'd be fun ?

Took some shots last night- Benny was posing. He actually went over and got inside my green cap- never seen him do that

g1wyNMo.jpg

Then he returned to his usual spot- Idaho grape

uQU12zs.jpg

Two Pocillopora's only slightly bothered by each other. Green poci on the bottom is from the large colony on the right side. The other colony I am trading in today! Green poci has grown onto the glass in many spots

iGC8CkC.jpg

e6w7RiY.jpg

Shrooms detached themselves and tried to move on - Idaho Grape is shading them

YasPXYS.jpg

Clavaria making a come back. One polyp was left after I traded it in.

bKDrF5K.jpg

Life under the Idaho grape- cool looking type of sponge I believe - a clean white color

og8jnbl.jpg

84vA2kQ.jpg

The grafted cap doing well- looks cool with the multi colored polyps

IAN2DBW.jpg

Spin stream poci almost coming together in the middle of the spinstream........yes it's still spinning

5ylNK3w.jpg

Birdsnest and Poci competing for space

MilsJaU.jpg

Halloween fts!

6861bfbb1b34051ca8c4b70a57ad04e1_zpsleec

tank amazing as usual. can't believe how SPS full it is with just the AI Nano and two stock light.

Thanks ninjamyst, appreciate it- traded in that poci today- really opened things up. I think the brown cap is next to go. I need some room to get to the lower rocks so I can transfer them over to the 50g.

I make my own...

Btw...where is my spin stream skate!?!

Still in grow out stage I would hate to send you an underdeveloped coral? had a bit of a set back?........tell everyone about it shortly

Tank and skate bowl look great.

Thanks ABC !

Looking good dude!

when is the big swap?

Thanks dropped........it has started somewhat- turned in one of my large Pocillopora colonies yesterday and picked up some rock........had a major personal issue happen yesterday afternoon which will set me back. I will tell everyone about it shortly

Still in grow out stage I would hate to send you an underdeveloped coral had a bit of a set back........tell everyone about it shortly

Dude...as usual I am kidding. Hope everything is OK on your end! I am having some pernicious health issues as well, it never seems to end.

it has started somewhat- turned in one of my large Pocillopora colonies yesterday and picked up some rock........had a major personal issue happen yesterday afternoon which will set me back. I will tell everyone about it shortly

Glad to hear you've traded in some of that weed and got something decent :lol:

In all seriousness tho, I hope everything is ok man!

Dude...as usual I am kidding. Hope everything is OK on your end! I am having some pernicious health issues as well, it never seems to end.

Glad to hear you've traded in some of that weed and got something decent :lol:

In all seriousness tho, I hope everything is ok man!

Thanks for the support guys?

So yesterday started out great- turned in my Poci colony and picked up some really cool pieces of rock. Some porous Fuji and then I went for some "real rock" - pretty cool stuff - has some cool pieces and a few slabs. Got everything in place with lfs to trade in additional colonies of my "weeds" ?

f842e651b19b2cb639ff0ee022aaf993_zpsgknj

Then we had an afternoon skate session and I was "on" having a really good skate then - BAM- it happened. Took a major fall from atop the 11ft. Deepend straight to the flat - missed the whole transition. Straight to my shoulder and snapped my collarbone in half to the point that it was almost sticking out of the skin. I tried to push it back but the pain was to great. I hopped up immediately(in shock) and walked to the shallow end before my buddies got in there and help me sit. At that point I lost my vision - I imagine from my heart rate or lack of oxygen and being in shock. They brought a chair down and I was able to sit with a blanket till my vision came back- then I had to get out of the pool- shallow end is 6ft. Deep. They placed a ladder and I was able to climb out on my own. So that SUCKED- I am on heavy pain killers and have surgery planned for Tuesday to place a metal plate and pins to realign the bone.

I ended up breaking the collarbone and 3 ribs- probably my worst fall ever? oh, well I'll get through it and be back at it in 6-7 weeks. Gonna have my wife place the rock in the 50gal. But we'll wait to scape with the E-Marco for a few weeks till I can move better. Here's an X-ray - pretty good break! They're gonna have to pull the bone back into place and there are some pieces of bone inbetween the collarbone they have to remove- ouch!

ed253c700d572e22259bc691ab2baaaa_zpsxqka

Archived