Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks ninja- yup......let it snow......maybe not quite yet

That sounds cozy actually. Relaxing and healing on the couch while it's snowing outside :). Hope you heal fast and with no pain or discomfort :flower:.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds cozy actually. Relaxing and healing on the couch while it's snowing outside :). Hope you heal fast and with no pain or discomfort :flower:.

Thanks Gena, surgery on Tuesday so the real healing begins then. Sunny and 70 today though- I am trying to enjoying time home but the pain pills keeps me a little out of it. Without them though the pain would be to much for sure. I am already driving my wife a little crazy- I am a bit of a busy body micro managing things then crash from the pain pills?

Thanks Gena, surgery on Tuesday so the real healing begins then. Sunny and 70 today though- I am enjoying time home but the pain pills keeps me a little out of it. I am already driving my wife a little crazy- I am a bit of a busy body micro managing things then crash from the pain pills

Be easy on your wife :).

Sunny and 70 is so boring LOL. We're in for some rain this week :happydance:. Can't wait!!!!

Hope the surgery goes really well for you!!!!

Be easy on your wife :).Sunny and 70 is so boring LOL. We're in for some rain this week :happydance:. Can't wait!!!!Hope the surgery goes really well for you!!!!

Thanks Gena- surgery pushed back till Thursday ? I am ready for healing to begin -let's get this show on the road. Looks like rain and maybe some snow for Wednesday and Thursday then back to 60's on the weekend. I think my wife is ready for me to go back to work ?

So a rarity happened today- my clowns ventured out of their Beta bowl area and went ALL THE WAY over to the other side of the tank. Amazing- they can swim ?. Maybe they were checking out the open area where the poci used to be...........jeez the tank looks empty ?

Snapped a quick out of focus iPad shot before they went back

adc1fc54157ad147f63426382371528d_zpswqsg

O man, I miss your thread for a couple of days and come back to read that you are going in for surgery and crashing on pain meds! So sorry to read about your accident! That stinks but hopefully the surgeon will fix you up as good as new!

Thanks Gena- surgery pushed back till Thursday I am ready for healing to begin -let's get this show on the road. Looks like rain and maybe some snow for Wednesday and Thursday then back to 60's on the weekend. I think my wife is ready for me to go back to work

She probably is :lol:.

Looked like it was going to rain today. I've been cold all day. Only 71 in the house....brrrrr LOL. But it'd be worth it to have some snow :).

I'm sure it's frustrating to have the surgery rescheduled....jerks :flower:. At least it's only a couple extra days :happy:.

So a rarity happened today- my clowns ventured out of their Beta bowl area and went ALL THE WAY over to the other side of the tank. Amazing- they can swim . Maybe they were checking out the open area where the poci used to be...........jeez the tank looks empty

Snapped a quick out of focus iPad shot before they went back

adc1fc54157ad147f63426382371528d_zpswqsg

Love it!

I can't believe how big the colonies you've got are :) Shocks me every time!

I say you'e got to be down to less than 2 gallons of actual water :lol:

O man, I miss your thread for a couple of days and come back to read that you are going in for surgery and crashing on pain meds! So sorry to read about your accident! That stinks but hopefully the surgeon will fix you up as good as new!

Thank you! Yup- that's what's been going on around here. Yes, I have a good surgeon so let the healing begin. Having a tank will be therapy for sure. Worked on the ATO for the 50gal. a little today but as usual the plumbing parts don't match up. The Tunze ATO and the outlet on my Eshopps water container are gonna need some creative matching. ATO unit has an outlet with a RO connection and the Tunze pump has a larger connection

She probably is :lol:.Looked like it was going to rain today. I've been cold all day. Only 71 in the house....brrrrr LOL. But it'd be worth it to have some snow :).I'm sure it's frustrating to have the surgery rescheduled....jerks :flower:. At least it's only a couple extra days :happy:.

A little snow is ok - it's usually gone pretty quick in Denver so we'll just get a taste this week. Good time to work on the tank?

Love it!

I can't believe how big the colonies you've got are :) Shocks me every time!

I say you'e got to be down to less than 2 gallons of actual water :lol:

Thanks Stellablue! Right - so when I do my small daily 1gal. w/c I am changing half the tank volume ?

Thank you! Yup- that's what's been going on around here. Yes, I have a good surgeon so let the healing begin. Having a tank will be therapy for sure. Worked on the ATO for the 50gal. a little today but as usual the plumbing parts don't match up. The Tunze ATO and the outlet on my Eshopps water container are gonna need some creative matching. ATO unit has an outlet with a RO connection and the Tunze pump has a larger connection

A little snow is ok - it's usually gone pretty quick in Denver so we'll just get a taste this week. Good time to work on the tank

Thanks Stellablue! Right - so when I do my small daily 1gal. w/c I am changing half the tank volume

HA! I think you should tell people you do a 50% water change daily :lol: They'll think you're nuts.

Hope your surgery goes well, get well soon.

Ouch, missed the injury.

OUCH. Good luck!

Wow! good luck with that shoulder. Take it easy.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it! The whole community has been very supportive - I've said it before but it's great to be here ?

Alright! Got some work done on the 50gal. tonight. Set up the Tunze Ozmolator 3155 ATO and my 10gal. Eshopps reservoir. Gonna be nice not doing morning and nightly top offs like I have since Oct 4th when we got it all wet. Should be able to start some transfers of live rock this weekend as long as I am feeling up to it! Also have about 18lbs. of Fuji and Real Reef rock in a bucket with an air stone running but I want to use the E- Marco on that. Might just get it in the tank and pull it out an aqua scape when I have to functional arms ?.

Why do all directions in this hobby suck? Reviewed the direction to the Tunze and was not very clear on much. Pulled up a BRS video on setting up the Tunze 3155 and had it going in a few minutes. Maybe directions on equipment should just say- watch video on utube from BRS or Marine Depot ?

Here's some quick shots- the powerheads are temporary. I have the gyre 130 waiting to go. Heater position is temporary too- because of the size (won't fit in the sump) I'll have to run it in the overflow- similar to what I do in my Nuvo.

Sorry for the quality- low lighting

Eshopps 10 gal. reservoir- really nice and has a window on the side with a float that shows how many gallons are left ?

fc7abc3c6f513e0afbed816d5886b17c_zpsipgg

Tunze in position- not using their water line marker

8142efecfdb9211a7724f8da4c36903e_zpsq6ys

And a FTS- with my awesome nanobox quad/quad hybrid- just ran the T5's tonight. My wife still working through the door design

6032fe3414a28511f3e5cced904a283e_zpsrqcw

Marc.The.Shark

Sorry to hear about the spill. Line that bastid with Nerf! lol. Keep us posted on the surgery!

New tank's lookin good too!

Nice progress. But shouldn't you be taking it easy with that shoulder???? :) Is today the surgery?

Hahaha- yes- Lisa did most of the work. I just stood over her and gave direction and annoyed her ?. Yes surgery in 3.5 hrs. Heading into the hospital in about an hr. Should be another cool looking X-ray- this time with a plate and screws!

Hahaha- yes- Lisa did most of the work. I just stood over her and gave direction and annoyed her . Yes surgery in 3.5 hrs. Heading into the hospital in about an hr. Should be another cool looking X-ray- this time with a plate and screws!

Sending you lots of good wishes and healing thoughts for your surgery.

Tank looks awesome! And I was thinking the same thing about directions in this hobby! I haven't come across a good set of ones yet ;)

Hope everything goes well with the surgery! Tanks looking good, can't wait til you can actually get it scaped and lookin super sweet!

Directions? I don't think I've ever seen those, but then again I always just tear into it like a kid on christmas grab the toy and go play LOL

Sending you lots of good wishes and healing thoughts for your surgery.

Tank looks awesome! And I was thinking the same thing about directions in this hobby! I haven't come across a good set of ones yet ;)

Thanks Rachel! Sounds like a good app- type in the piece of equipment and directions and a video pop up! Let's build one?

Hope everything goes well with the surgery! Tanks looking good, can't wait til you can actually get it scaped and lookin super sweet!

Directions? I don't think I've ever seen those, but then again I always just tear into it like a kid on christmas grab the toy and go play LOL

Thanks Chris! Ya I tend to do the same thing - I usually think I have it- read the directions and then feel lost, watch a vid and realize I did have it?. Starting to get excited about the set up for sure!

Thanks Rachel! Sounds like a good app- type in the piece of equipment and directions and a video pop up! Let's build one

Scott!!! You're onto something! We could make millions!!!!

Hahaha- yes- Lisa did most of the work. I just stood over her and gave direction and annoyed her . Yes surgery in 3.5 hrs. Heading into the hospital in about an hr. Should be another cool looking X-ray- this time with a plate and screws!

I hope it's going/went really well!!!!! Let us know asap :flower:.

Archived