Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

I have been reading through your thread and saw the white aiptasia type thing you had on the glass which came and went. That reminded me of a video i watched the other day on the reef builders youtube channel.

At 12:50 they start talking about it, let me know if you think it was the same,

Cool clip thanks, no I wouldn't think that it was an Aiptasia type- it had a longer body to it- more like a tube worm without the tube. The tentacles were very thin. I've never seen one since either so it's not multiplying around the tank. I do have Aiptasia though- what a pain. I think I'll get some Aiptasia eating nudi branches for the 50gal. I feed so much that they tend to do really well in my tank ?
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my Eshopps 10gal. ATO today? really nice unit. It fits in the sump but maybe a little to tight in there. Probably move it outside the sump.

7700438575273b1bd5e4e30d4956c9a4_zpsmgzl

Set the light hanging kit with my wife and we both survived ?. Should have the light hung this weekend.

2379f90682fe76c60d403fdf53397934_zpsdsii

Moving slow on the tank- too many projects. Trying to get another concrete pour in before it gets cold. Been framing it up! Need to set the rebar next and hopefully pour in a few weeks.

c787a25620cd8d32ee1fb278d85fedde_zpshual

Thanks man, I am really liking these dark room far away shots!

Here's a few more of my Picasso's- this is far for them to stray- feeding time - normally I swear they could live in a beta bowl in the bottom corner of the tank

d5d454deb95e80048aa162985781273b_zpstgaj

965141502014f5c964f9c4502c3fe1c7_zps1ntp

I'm totally going to turn off all the lights and take pictures tonight - thanks for the inspiration! This looks beautiful :wub:

Wheres the rock? :) lol

No way- I'd be moving way to fast if I had rock in there already ?. Fragtober this weekend - gotta cram a few more frags in the Nuvo- hahaha

I'm totally going to turn off all the lights and take pictures tonight - thanks for the inspiration! This looks beautiful :wub:

Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing your shots ?

Off to Fragtober tomorrow ? I am limiting myself to 1 Acro frag...........I mean it this time?. The 50gal. Isn't ready so into the Nuvo it goes

Got my Eshopps 10gal. ATO today really nice unit. It fits in the sump but maybe a little to tight in there. Probably move it outside the sump.

Set the light hanging kit with my wife and we both survived . Should have the light hung this weekend.

2379f90682fe76c60d403fdf53397934_zpsdsii

Moving slow on the tank- too many projects. Trying to get another concrete pour in before it gets cold. Been framing it up! Need to set the rebar next and hopefully pour in a few weeks.

c787a25620cd8d32ee1fb278d85fedde_zpshual

WOW! You got some work done there!

Off to Fragtober tomorrow I am limiting myself to 1 Acro frag...........I mean it this time. The 50gal. Isn't ready so into the Nuvo it goes

I don't believe it - no way you come back with one frag ;)

WOW! You got some work done there!

I don't believe it - no way you come back with one frag ;)

Ya sure did- lots still to do- start rebar tomorrow after the show. Kinda have to limit myself- just no room in the Nuvo ?. We will see

Ya sure did- lots still to do- start rebar tomorrow after the show. Kinda have to limit myself- just no room in the Nuvo . We will see

Well, that's a good point. Although there's always room for another frag tree :)

I can't wait to see more photos of your pool expansion! that stuff is so cool.

Got my Eshopps 10gal. ATO today? really nice unit. It fits in the sump but maybe a little to tight in there. Probably move it outside the sump.

Looking good. Really making use of every inch of space eh? Hahaha

Looking good. Really making use of every inch of space eh? Hahaha

Ya, stuffed for sure! I think I'll place it outside and leave a little room inside for maintenance

Fragtober was a fun show- pretty disappointing compared to last year but at least the vendors had some nice corals. I picked up these killer tweezers- 2ft. long :) gonna work great in the 50gal.

0697a562a8d3b3414c21698abca17a69_zpsb0tw

prep area to dip corals and remove them from their plugs and reglue onto new ones. Picked up this cool 2 plug frag holder- should look good once coralline starts to grow on it.

4b92c8c133c460bd34c4329174b479d5_zpsxmkg

so I limited myself to two frags- I got a free one from the event and then went looking for something special..............and I found it. :happy:

I believe this is a Pavona frag- this was the freebie- very nice frag. Gonna be a nice coral once it grows up

xgulyHY.jpg

Then I found something special- a WWC grafted Monti Cap. I've seen these in the past and wasn't sure if I wanted a designer coral. Caps are probably my favorite coral and this time I had to pull the trigger- a little pricey but I do love it- incredible colors and should look pretty amazing as a large piece.

HBISmrj.jpg

XrYUyAS.jpg

oX7rjlF.jpg

really stoked on this coral- can't wait to see what it turns into

here's a few shots...........

pink stylo

HkMe07C.jpg

Birdsnest

Fdhb20L.jpg

Spinstream Poci almost touching in the middle from both side pieces

89tLFjN.jpg

I am on vacation this week- time to work on the pool and the 50gal. should be a productive week!

Some iPad shots

89b211c82e31e2b812d82ac66a660582_zpsy2tx

Then while placing the new frags- boom I snapped off my digi #1 branch- damn it. No room for my hand to reach anywhere these days. You can see the break and I just laid the branch in the colony until I can figure out what do do with 'em

4f5a926565873a8b403c99fe508d0280_zpstq6y

Nice pick ups! LOVE those tweezers. I have some long ones but they don't have the silicone or whatever ends. I use them all the time.

Can't wait to see your corals grow out!

Oh no! I loved that finger :(

But congrats on the new additions :)

Ya I know? number one took a hit. Bummed me out - I should glue 'em back?

Thanks! Pretty stroked on the new pieces - doing well. The Pavona lost a little tissue on one end from the dip and toothbrush but is recovering

Nice pick ups! LOVE those tweezers. I have some long ones but they don't have the silicone or whatever ends. I use them all the time.

Can't wait to see your corals grow out!

Thanks! I was thinking I might take the rubber tips off- they might not seal water out- not sure yet but they are super cool?.

Beautiful graft!!! Looks fantastic.

Is the spin stream still spinning? Send in the complaint letter yet? :lol:

Thanks - it's different for sure. Hopefully I can turn it into a large piece and see what the pattern turns into. Yes, the spinstream is still spinning - crazy it's almost completely covered ?

Fragtober was a fun show- pretty disappointing compared to last year but at least the vendors had some nice corals. I picked up these killer tweezers- 2ft. long :) gonna work great in the 50gal.

0697a562a8d3b3414c21698abca17a69_zpsb0tw

prep area to dip corals and remove them from their plugs and reglue onto new ones. Picked up this cool 2 plug frag holder- should look good once coralline starts to grow on it.

4b92c8c133c460bd34c4329174b479d5_zpsxmkg

so I limited myself to two frags- I got a free one from the event and then went looking for something special..............and I found it. :happy:

I believe this is a Pavona frag- this was the freebie- very nice frag. Gonna be a nice coral once it grows up

xgulyHY.jpg

Then I found something special- a WWC grafted Monti Cap. I've seen these in the past and wasn't sure if I wanted a designer coral. Caps are probably my favorite coral and this time I had to pull the trigger- a little pricey but I do love it- incredible colors and should look pretty amazing as a large piece.

HBISmrj.jpg

XrYUyAS.jpg

oX7rjlF.jpg

really stoked on this coral- can't wait to see what it turns into

here's a few shots...........

pink stylo

HkMe07C.jpg

Birdsnest

Fdhb20L.jpg

Spinstream Poci almost touching in the middle from both side pieces

89tLFjN.jpg

I am on vacation this week- time to work on the pool and the 50gal. should be a productive week!

Some iPad shots

89b211c82e31e2b812d82ac66a660582_zpsy2tx

Then while placing the new frags- boom I snapped off my digi #1 branch- damn it. No room for my hand to reach anywhere these days. You can see the break and I just laid the branch in the colony until I can figure out what do do with 'em

4f5a926565873a8b403c99fe508d0280_zpstq6y

I can't breath near my tank without snapping a piece of digitata. The breaks cover over and start growing pretty quickly, though.

Everything looks great. I particularly love the colour of that birdsnest.

I like the new frags! Hate the feeling of snapping off a bit of growth. I go through great contortions any time I put anything in the tank, because of small opening!

Do you toothbrush all your new frags? Just the plug, I presume?

I can't breath near my tank without snapping a piece of digitata. The breaks cover over and start growing pretty quickly, though.

Everything looks great. I particularly love the colour of that birdsnest.

Thanks! Ya- bummed I snapped his large tip off- it was about an inch from the top and would of been cool yo have it reach the surface.

It's a cool panape birdsnest - doing really well I de extremely strong light ?

I like the new frags! Hate the feeling of snapping off a bit of growth. I go through great contortions any time I put anything in the tank, because of small opening!

Do you toothbrush all your new frags? Just the plug, I presume?

Thanks! Can't wait to see them grow out! I was able to remove the month cap from the plug - which is preferred but the Pavona I was only able to remove it from the plug but a small section was encrusted on part of another plug. I scraped the exposed plug with a razor blade then lightly use an extra soft toothbrush over the area and the coral- I gently go over the whole coral in case something survived the dip. Mostly on the underside. Gently ! How's your late night searching of a predator going?

Tank looked really good last night - snapped a fts

560d1c7d46b61a5c926666f263f7462b_zpsmk9f

This took up most of my day- got half the framing done- finish that up today and start rebar for the pour next weekend ?

ff1dc38df5b98341d219b2b5e5209ab2_zpswixp

0320768d9142c4283ac3453d09a547f1_zps4ebo

Archived