ReefCleaners.org

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still agree you should do a poccilipora birds nest species tank with this once you move to your 50 gallonn

I know! That could be pretty cool- I just gotta convince my wife that two tanks is ok?. The whole two tanks is one room isn't working for her...........but it may have to be a looooooong partial transfer?

@Sk8n Reefer - what LFS are you going to in Denver? Im in littleton... always like knowing of good shops.

I am a little odd with my approach this time to lfs. I got burned last time around with some pest that ruined my tank. When I found Aquatic Arts in Highlands Ranch I was stoked to see such a nicely keep store with tanks that looked and we're cared for extremely well. I only by locally from them and the owner Chris is such a nice guy and very knowledgable. Their hrs. are weird - weekends only but you can set up an appointment. I've bought at Macna and Fragtober shows from Gonzo's up in Ft. Collin's- his stuff is really nice.

Awesome your in Littleton- speaking of fragtober - I haven't heard of the show for this year- hope they do it again. Where do you like to go?

I am a little odd with my approach this time to lfs. I got burned last time around with some pest that ruined my tank. When I found Aquatic Arts in Highlands Ranch I was stoked to see such a nicely keep store with tanks that looked and we're cared for extremely well. I only by locally from them and the owner Chris is such a nice guy and very knowledgable. Their hrs. are weird - weekends only but you can set up an appointment. I've bought at Macna and Fragtober shows from Gonzo's up in Ft. Collin's- his stuff is really nice.

Awesome your in Littleton- speaking of fragtober - I haven't heard of the show for this year- hope they do it again. Where do you like to go?

I actually go to acquatic art as well... there stuff is awesome, and they always are super helpful with questions... I have bought most of my corals from them... I also got my black ice/snowflake cross from them as well... I have gone to two other places aquamart... where i got my little clown goby, and also to neptunes... I got my hammer corals from them.... but Aquatic art is by far my fave.... place is gorgeous..

Haven't shot pics of my fish in awhile- took about 70 pics of my Picasso clown pair but only got two keepers of my male. Man, they're a challenge to get a good shot of - getting them both in focus with the same shot is going to take awhile?. Here's Cotton chilling

ZhyxFng.jpg

Up close

qEqIDr9.jpg

And Benny our Tailspot in his two favorite spots- in the Idaho Grape

3ByiuC6.jpg

And in a hole in the live rock under the Poci

0A0qqq7.jpg

A few grouping shots

j0vdElu.jpg

uCXZsnD.jpg

Some macro shots

Pocillopora

9ZRmOoN.jpg

Purple Stylo

RBU5FDm.jpg

Pink Stylo

2ejeRCU.jpg

And a few softies

Clavularia

3p1PPqI.jpg

Shrooms

KkB3p3x.jpg

ZLP44B6.jpg

And the spinstream Poci - branching out

xGE9DxF.jpg

FTS at 17 months

RQRnfNc.jpg

The 50gal. upgrade is grinding along slowly- I have 55 gal. of water made and ready to go. I've hesitated filling it up because of my travel for work- I've been gone for 5 days in a row every other week. I am actually in San Diego this week but staying in Denver next week so maybe I'll fill er up?. Also been digging on the bowl getting ready for another bowl corner pour before winter! Sketchy digging next to the pool like this......but- has to be done?

H17cUtN.jpg

Looking good all around! I wood have expected being away a lot would be a great time to get the tank filled and let it cycle. Just let it run its course while you are away

Looking good all around! I wood have expected being away a lot would be a great time to get the tank filled and let it cycle. Just let it run its course while you are away

Thanks, I would if it was an AIO unit but with the sump I would like a few days at home to make sure there are no leaks before I leave and leave things up to my wife- she's a trooper with the Nuvo and want to make things bullet proof before I leave her with the 50gal. - sumps scare her- we've had a few mishaps over the years ?. But it's just excuses- I need to get it going!

Haven't shot pics of my fish in awhile- took about 70 pics of my Picasso clown pair but only got two keepers of my male. Man, their a challenge to get a good shot of - getting them both in focus with the same shot is going to take awhile. Here's Cotton chilling

ZhyxFng.jpg

Up close

qEqIDr9.jpg

And Benny our Tailspot in his two favorite spots- in the Idaho Grape

3ByiuC6.jpg

And in a hole in the live rock under the Poci

0A0qqq7.jpg

A few grouping shots

j0vdElu.jpg

uCXZsnD.jpg

Some macro shots

Pocillopora

9ZRmOoN.jpg

Purple Stylo

RBU5FDm.jpg

Pink Stylo

2ejeRCU.jpg

And a few softies

Clavularia

3p1PPqI.jpg

Shrooms

KkB3p3x.jpg

ZLP44B6.jpg

And the spinstream Poci - branching out

xGE9DxF.jpg

FTS at 17 months

RQRnfNc.jpg

The 50gal. upgrade is grinding along slowly- I have 55 gal. of water made and ready to go. I've hesitated filling it up because of my travel for work- I've been gone for 5 days in a row every other week. I am actually in San Diego this week but staying in Denver next week so maybe I'll fill er up. Also been digging on the bowl getting ready for another bowl corner pour before winter! Sketchy digging next to the pool like this......but- has to be done

H17cUtN.jpg

Sounds like upgrade time eh? Cool!

So you you have a new thread for the bigger tank yet?!?

Not yet but I was thinking about putting one together this weekend ?. Leaving San Diego today and staying in Denver all next week - except quick trip Monday - so I should get things wet. The week of the 28th I'll be in Chicago-staying downtown area-any good lfs I should check out?

Not yet but I was thinking about putting one together this weekend . Leaving San Diego today and staying in Denver all next week - except quick trip Monday - so I should get things wet. The week of the 28th I'll be in Chicago-staying downtown area-any good lfs I should check out?

Where downtown? I work in the loop!!

The only place I know of in the city is Old Town Aquarium. They don't really do nano aquarium stuff though, other than they do usually have fish you can put in a nano. It's a neat place to check out if you're in the area.

If you can get around to the suburbs:

AquaPros in Glen Ellyn

ReefWise in Lisle

Aquatia in Tinley Park

Where downtown? I work in the loop!!

The only place I know of in the city is Old Town Aquarium. They don't really do nano aquarium stuff though, other than they do usually have fish you can put in a nano. It's a neat place to check out if you're in the area.

If you can get around to the suburbs:

AquaPros in Glen Ellyn

ReefWise in Lisle

Aquatia in Tinley Park

Cool, our center is down across from the Art Institute - in that area.

Reef wise or aqua pros worth checking out. Reefwise would be first pick as quality stuff. Aqua pros had pest when I was in there but priced good.

Thanks, hopefully I'll have some time to check them out!

Congrats on the clown pics. I usually have to shoot 40-50 just to get 2-3 pics of mine that are both in focus for a FTS.

Say, how are those 'mystery shrooms' ('Ball shrooms'?) doing?

Some Gopro shots

AaZdeg9.jpg

TBrFmj0.jpg

dyjWwcB.jpg

ZJJIVof.jpg

wyhOp1l.jpg

The new look for one side of the Tiki Room- changed out the couch from another room and rearranged some areas to make room for the 50gal.

vQqPeQL.jpg

ocEEJkX.jpg

YWbCwR6.jpg

I think they approve of the couch ?

Bella

nkqumHt.jpg

Tank

tzR885F.jpg

nAF4JAe.jpg

Just short of a year and a half ?

k4xAGvj.jpg

Congrats on the clown pics. I usually have to shoot 40-50 just to get 2-3 pics of mine that are both in focus for a FTS.

Say, how are those 'mystery shrooms' ('Ball shrooms'?) doing?

For sure- I have my doubts about getting a clean double shot with the macro lens.........but it would be sweat looking. The mystery shrooms are still around and doing fine- although when I did the rescape months back the little guy in front was moved to an area I can't see. There are some in view on the left side- I'll try to get some shots

Archived