SaltCritters.com

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

I have that Poci too, it's all over the place. :D My better looking ones never sprout up anywhere ... so typical.

Took some shots before I left so I can post up in the hotel room in Baltimore- it's like being there
Purple rimmed green cap

hNpP1iY.jpg

B0ibffW.jpg

Ponape birdsnest - can't seem to pull the purple tips out in a photo- delicate little branches- always shows great PE

oOyDTAn.jpg
Gbl3paP.jpg

ORA green Birdsnest - growing like a champ

vq5zUAo.jpg

Idaho Grape- reaching the glass has not held it back

mVHthma.jpg

Some shrooms

slvUffS.jpg

jnQf753.jpg

Stylo hiding in the back behind its purple counterpart

c5LmxHT.jpg

And the purple stylo

BNO9Ic3.jpg

Monti
97uvRga.jpg

And the mother of the spinstream poci

LFCc7qG.jpg

The dark corner where my picasso clowns are chilling all day- tons of micro life too

MNv2xDK.jpg

And finally.........the famous One of a kind and extremely rare and expensive ........the spinstream Pocillopora

JOznX4S.jpg

Dammit, page quote.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have that Poci too, it's all over the place. :D My better looking ones never sprout up anywhere ... so typical.

Dammit, page quote.

Ya, my other ones stays put also- I can only imagine how many you have all over the 150- crazy when I accidently blast it with a baster little green polyps? Go everywhere I just think nooooo

LOL Send a picture of that to IM (they make the spin stream?) asking if it is faulty or not lol- that it grows SPS omgomgomg

Lol yeah, didn't they promote that it spins so snails can't stay on and block the output?

Lol yeah, didn't they promote that it spins so snails can't stay on and block the output?

Dunno, never had a spin stream.

It would suck if you had to take it off to clean it tho

Took some shots before I left so I can post up in the hotel room in Baltimore- it's like being there

Some shrooms

slvUffS.jpg

jnQf753.jpg

The mushies are my favorite :D.

LOL Send a picture of that to IM (they make the spin stream?) asking if it is faulty or not lol- that it grows SPS omgomgomg

funny, complain that it attracts SPS and ask for a new one

hahahaha- well that doesn't work - snails love it?

ya, gonna have to see if I can scrape and save some of it- even though their popping up everywhere ?

I don't think your tank is densely enough populated. You'll definitely need buy a ton more in Baltimore!

yup! plenty of room in there!

Spec-tank-ular!

Aiming for maximum cheese this morning...

spec-tank-ular! I like it!

I'm not sure how I haven't gotten a pocci yet. Lol

Looking good man!

thanks man- nice to watch the polyps in the waves

The mushies are my favorite :D.

I have to admit- they make a good foto!

They do need regular cleaning- it's slowing down so I've been giving it a shakin inside the tank- works somewhat

Just got back into town after being gone for work for 6 days- whew! Good to be home. The tank sure looks different when you don't see it for awhile. My wife kept the feeding schedule but I am behind on my w/c's. Things are still growing and finding room around each other somehow.

Some quick ipad shots!

d6083a1d4fa80d95167b865ba82ebe87_zps6ff6

d0edff75c447d542b9dc4c21a5994119_zpsdufw

It's tightly packed but sure looks cool like that. You almost never see corals that mature and maneuvering around each other because we never allow our reefs to do that but it has an authentic ocean feel about it. Seems almost a shame to upgrade.

It's tightly packed but sure looks cool like that. You almost never see corals that mature and maneuvering around each other because we never allow our reefs to do that but it has an authentic ocean feel about it. Seems almost a shame to upgrade.

Thanks Dawn, I also do like the look but their all getting some damaged areas on the fringe. I would like to add another powerhead cause the growth as really restricted water flow but I am afraid of the history of Nuvo's cracking with powerheads. My mushrooms are detaching now cause my idaho grape has grown to the glass and cutting of some light. It is nice to see it all packed though- the rate I am moving on my upgrade they'll all be growing out the top before I get there ?

Welcome back! I'm really enjoying how great everything looks! I'm also really enjoying the learning process when you deal with everything growing together.

my jealousy of this tank is a solid 11.

out of 10.

as always, well done sir.

Thanks Roger- really appreciate that coming from you!

charnelhouse

FWIW I didn't offer the boot camp analogy as a criticism, just an observation. I think it's awesome your corals are growing so well. I hope I can get to where mine grow for me half as well...

Welcome back! I'm really enjoying how great everything looks! I'm also really enjoying the learning process when you deal with everything growing together.

Thank you Teeny! Your going through that process also. ? It's interesting you say that- I have been trying not to frag anything and leave the areas that are touching and have died back in place instead of fragging to see if the aggression has stopped. It does seem to be working with the Pocillopora- it stops sending out long stingers after awhile and the opposing coral doesn't seem to direct it's growth in the same area. It does leave an ugly dead area in place ( like my purple stylo dead arm sticking into the poci) but I can deal with that. When I have broke off the attached area the coral tends to want to grow in that direction again ? so there is a method that - I think- is working!

Need to hook up my RoDi unit today and start making water- I'd like to fill up the 50 this week?. I am in town till Wednesday and dealing with some broken ribs ( from sk8n- ouch! ) so I can't skate for a month or so and I can focus on the tank- atleast that's the plan?

Nuvo 16 to a 50g? Thats going to be sweet!

Corals look awesome, love the Spin Stream Poncillipora.

And you should contact them and ask for a new one because this one "Came with" SPS :lol:

Nuvo 16 to a 50g? Thats going to be sweet!

Corals look awesome, love the Spin Stream Poncillipora.

And you should contact them and ask for a new one because this one "Came with" SPS :lol:

?thanks Harry! It can be a new marketing tool- they promote sps growth! ?

FWIW I didn't offer the boot camp analogy as a criticism, just an observation. I think it's awesome your corals are growing so well. I hope I can get to where mine grow for me half as well...

No worries- didn't take it like that at all- thought it was great?

Archived