Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

they really are! Did you buy full sheets and cut to the sizes you needed?I bought a bunch of Fiestaware broken pieces/chips from their factory once and had fun doing mosaics with those. But I like the look of glass better.

Ya, my wife was doing stained glass for awhile so she had a ton of inventory we could break up

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sk8n Reefer

The new tank looks great! I know you've probably mentioned it, but what lights will you use?

Thanks man, I ordered one of nanobox's hybrid LED/T5's quad/quad- gonna be a bit overkill but it can still work down the road on a larger tank with an additional unit. Still waiting on the unit to arrive.

Thanks man, I ordered one of nanobox's hybrid LED/T5's quad/quad- gonna be a bit overkill but it can still work down the road on a larger tank with an additional unit. Still waiting on the unit to arrive.

No way that light is amazing! Can never have too much nanobox! :)

Sk8n Reefer

just heard from Dave- my Hybrid should be here Friday! super excited. I'll be pluming the tank this weekend soooooo...........maybe time to start a new thread?

Sk8n Reefer

Got in from San Fran today and found an interesting creature on the wall. I've never seen this before - anyone know what it is? It's white and has white tentacles - moving along the glass between the two Pocillopora's. I took some macro shots but it's in an odd place on the side glass to get a good shot. Here's an iPad shot- I'll get the macro shots up tomorrow

998e5b1402e489dcb0f29778e4048533_zpsme9w

We worked a little more on the tiki room tonight- we are almost ready to fire up our 1960's Witco fountain my wife found years ago at an estate sale ?this probably hasn't been working in 30yrs. We ran new tubing and have sealed up the water pools. The water comes out of his tongue ?We'll dress it all up. Hoping to do some plumbing on the 50gal. This weekend

32cb944ad90c1f0f1050c4230e30723e_zpsb70m

Already planning for a future upgrade eh? Haha

just heard from Dave- my Hybrid should be here Friday! super excited. I'll be pluming the tank this weekend soooooo...........maybe time to start a new thread

omgomgomg Can't wait to see it!!!!!!

Got in from San Fran today and found an interesting creature on the wall. I've never seen this before - anyone know what it is? It's white and has white tentacles - moving along the glass between the two Pocillopora's. I took some macro shots but it's in an odd place on the side glass to get a good shot. Here's an iPad shot- I'll get the macro shots up tomorrow

998e5b1402e489dcb0f29778e4048533_zpsme9w

We worked a little more on the tiki room tonight- we are almost ready to fire up our 1960's Witco fountain my wife found years ago at an estate sale this probably hasn't been working in 30yrs. We ran new tubing and have sealed up the water pools. The water comes out of his tongue We'll dress it all up. Hoping to do some plumbing on the 50gal. This weekend

32cb944ad90c1f0f1050c4230e30723e_zpsb70m

That almost looks like an aiptasia moving along the glass. Crazy! I'm looking forward to seeing the macro shots.

WOAH! The tiki room looks awesome.

Marc.The.Shark

Got in from San Fran today and found an interesting creature on the wall. I've never seen this before - anyone know what it is? It's white and has white tentacles - moving along the glass between the two Pocillopora's. I took some macro shots but it's in an odd place on the side glass to get a good shot. Here's an iPad shot- I'll get the macro shots up tomorrow 998e5b1402e489dcb0f29778e4048533_zpsme9w

We worked a little more on the tiki room tonight- we are almost ready to fire up our 1960's Witco fountain my wife found years ago at an estate sale this probably hasn't been working in 30yrs. We ran new tubing and have sealed up the water pools. The water comes out of his tongue We'll dress it all up. Hoping to do some plumbing on the 50gal. This weekend 32cb944ad90c1f0f1050c4230e30723e_zpsb70m

It looks like an alien life form. I wouldn't touch it. Send me your whole tank, I'll eradicate it, sterilize your tank & send it back empty & ready to use again! :) Hahaha. The Tiki room looks awesome, love that fountain.

It looks like an alien life form. I wouldn't touch it. Send me your whole tank, I'll eradicate it, sterilize your tank & send it back empty & ready to use again! :) Hahaha. The Tiki room looks awesome, love that fountain.

HA! I like your style, Marc.

Marc.The.Shark

HA! I like your style, Marc.

I can take care of yours too Rachel! Just because you can't see any in there, doesn't mean you're not infested. Better to be safe than sorry! :) send me your tank too!! I'm in a generous mood.. Lol

I can take care of yours too Rachel! Just because you can't see any in there, doesn't mean you're not infested. Better to be safe than sorry! :) send me your tank too!! I'm in a generous mood.. Lol

:lol:

Sk8n Reefer

Already planning for a future upgrade eh? Haha

Absolutely! Gotta be ready ?

omgomgomg Can't wait to see it!!!!!!

That almost looks like an aiptasia moving along the glass. Crazy! I'm looking forward to seeing the macro shots.

WOAH! The tiki room looks awesome.

Thanks! Ya I thought it might be at 1st-but no- it's almost like a little limpid with tentacles

Absolutely ! On its way ?. Ya the fountain is a really nice piece we found in our endless search for tiki's.

I wonder if it is some kind of nudi. Justin Fox posted a photo of one in his build thread, but didn't quite look like this one.

Sk8n Reefer

I wonder if it is some kind of nudi. Justin Fox posted a photo of one in his build thread, but didn't quite look like this one.

I haven't checked my macro shots - hopefully one from the front will be clear but it was on the side glass and I shot at an angle- usually not very good shots that way

I haven't checked my macro shots - hopefully one from the front will be clear but it was on the side glass and I shot at an angle- usually not very good shots that way

your definition of "not good" is probably better than my best shots :D

Sk8n Reefer

So here's a macro shot of the new creature- from here it just looks like a ball anenome of some type but from the front it didn't appear to have a mouth - more like a snail shell with tentacles - maybe not? anyway - it came and went.

7eQn2ki.jpg

A few macro shots

Pocillopora's

3lokCMK.jpg

5LtP0NE.jpg

Stylophora's

7bhvuEf.jpg

ptWONQb.jpg

group shot

EiqGzsk.jpg

Bonsai from the side

KylKrzT.jpg

Clavularia multiplying

9FcIArX.jpg

Mushrooms

i8nc9RA.jpg

Clowns chillin in their corner

Fu5A6Hj.jpg

Some top down shots with the iPad

CYjMYP1.jpg

lKoy1Jh.jpg

bQpUld1.jpg

27BpA5N.jpg

QhoGm1w.jpg

Got the fountain running today ? gonna be sweet

EErJ6bC.jpg

ULRVetf.jpg

m2TpkFe.jpg

Sk8n Reefer

Awesome shots, weird creature. I love the crowded look. :)

Thanks Mark, I wish I could of gotten a pic from the top or a facial pic- next time. Yes, just when I thought it couldn't fill up more - it is. Water circulation is becoming an issue though with corals reaching the glass and cutting off the flow in that direction........might be time for a bigger tank ?

Love that top down shot! Looks great!

Thank you- appreciate it!

I love when you post your photos. And you still have the alien life form somewhere in that tank... :scarry:

Honestly, each time you post photos, I feel like everything grew at least a few inches from the last time you posted photos. I think you must only have about 6 actual gallons of water now in that tank!

Archived