Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hybrid is here! Looks great Dave! I'll be playing around with it this weekend!

d17144637f069d4c946e7ed2abcc6054_zpsweiv

Thanks for the micro fiber cloth - I've already tested the bottle opener.........works great

ca49781ef68e5bea3163c8bcda24f1bb_zpsjifv

I am stoked to see how this looks on your tank! Keep us posted on the results?! :D

Nice dude. What t5 combo you going to use?

Thanks man, I went with ATI coral plus, purple plus and two blue plus ?

Squee, love the set up for your new 50g! But, ack, sorry about the acro loss :(

Thanks Jaime! Ya its been a tough month for the tank?

I am stoked to see how this looks on your tank! Keep us posted on the results?! :D

Thanks! For sure
reefernanoman

Well the RTN continues. My blue Acro is gone. Came home from work to this. Not sure what triggered it this time. Really makes me doubt what I am doing and feel quite helpless. Another skeleton on the shelf. Tanks solid with alk 8 Ca. 430 mag. 1350. I changed out carbon and GFO. Last weekend - whichever is my usual routine, everyone else is doing fine.

Once a pretty blue27ee574f376949d43b18d612af738051_zpsv80g1b127db772282ca12de329e6db0c825b_zpstbes

Sorry about your troubles! Even my easy SPS(montis) hsve not been doing too well after changing my lights, salt etc. My parameters are all good too. Your tank still looks amaizing and congrats on the new light!

Nice Light!!! Wish my tank was wider, that'd fry everything I have like a short order cook! LOL.

Hey there! Ya it will fry mine also so I'll have to start pretty low and acclimate. Just noticed your from Mi. - I am originally from Fint.

Sorry about your troubles! Even my easy SPS(montis) hsve not been doing too well after changing my lights, salt etc. My parameters are all good too. Your tank still looks amaizing and congrats on the new light!

Thanks! Ya that's a lot to change out light and salt- Monti's will bounce back tho! I am gonna acclimate slowly when I transfer them to the 50gal. And the new light- I took readings from a par meter so I can try to closely replicate the corals I am keeping and with their light levels. That's the plan at least

Shot a few pics tonight- the tank is doing good lately - not sure why but sometimes you can look at the tank and say- wow things are spot on - everyone is getting along ?

Setosa- moving up the ladder- 2nd spot on the frag rack. It will be nice to give this coral a permanent place

2iuB5z8.jpg

Ponape Birdsnest cruising along

RsyVdBc.jpg

Pocillopora growing like a champ on my spinstream

05hWyoz.jpg

Bonsai - love this coral just can't get a good picture of 'em.

SHQYXHD.jpg

I've had this Acro for awhile now- no idea what the name is- in think they said Aussie Acro- which is like saying Acro sp. ?probably 6ish months - never shown good PE but stays alive- even with a stinging from my Digitata #1.

GqIZblq.jpg

This mushroom is carving a trail through my idaho grape- bad mushroom?

HcWJZoW.jpg

A few top downs- cap and pink Stylo dueling it out- cap winning

ZZNAO2a.jpg

Season's greeting and red encrusting monti hiding in the back- season's is hurting- loosing light- the part that's getting light is doing well but most is hurting. Red monti is cranking though. I plan on putting both of them on the bottom with my other caps in the 50gal.?

fuHrCsW.jpg

Filling up ?

0FJRV3f.jpg

I'm liking these side shots

CWiC7yu.jpg

VGZMdVV.jpg

Because your clearly doing everything else right, I'm excited to see exactly what type of growth you see with the hybrid light.. I'm sure we can only expect good things :D

Absolutely beautiful! It's like a sea of sexiness.

Hahahaha! Thanks

Because your clearly doing everything else right, I'm excited to see exactly what type of growth you see with the hybrid light.. I'm sure we can only expect good things :D

Thanks Learn it! Ya, it'll be an interesting transition

That pocillopora is way cool! Now I'm not missing SPS at all but if I were to do one (which I won't LOL) it would be that coral. Probably because it looks like a leather coral to me :).

Looking forward to seeing all of this beauty in the new tank!

That pocillopora is way cool! Now I'm not missing SPS at all but if I were to do one (which I won't LOL) it would be that coral. Probably because it looks like a leather coral to me :).Looking forward to seeing all of this beauty in the new tank!

Thanks Gena-Ahhh! At least your talking about it- the door is open........ Alittle bit? Ya its a hardy coral but also really aggressive - sends out some stingers?

Looking awesome!

Thanks! Had a rough streak but things are doing better ? thanks for checking it out

Alright - these poci's are getting ridiculous - starting to branch on my spinstream ?

dafa142c80ed8e94878e7dd03938d789_zpsxugs

7626930a5aac3e58846be11925246a38_zpslm3p

Had a fun Saturday afternoon skate session at my buddy's ramp- I got to ride on his brick garage ?

cfa81eacee9b9304a38161b85dd48f07_zpszoyt

Got this light free at a garage sale- Coralife - MH, T5 and LED- no 2nd half of the power cord and one of the cords have been cut- not sure what I'll do with it - gonna email them to see how much to get it fixed- I am sucker for these type of freebeez

a3a039c012993cbee53a9ed890ce55c4_zpsqv7r

That's a new coral. Spinstream pocillopora. :bling:

Hahahaha- that's awesome! I like it- so I can sell this as a one of a kind ?

Off to Baltimore today- specifically Columbia area.............we'll see what quality of fish stores they have ?. Postpones the 50gal. Build another week ?

Thanks Gena-Ahhh! At least your talking about it- the door is open........ Alittle bit Ya its a hardy coral but also really aggressive - sends out some stingers

The pocillopora sends out stingers???? Yikes, I didn't know it was aggressive!

Ummm...no, the door isn't open, not even a little. Sorry LOL. I love my easy peasy tank :).

The pocillopora sends out stingers???? Yikes, I didn't know it was aggressive!Ummm...no, the door isn't open, not even a little. Sorry LOL. I love my easy peasy tank :).

Hahahaha - I'll keep trying ? Ya - very aggressive it's stung everything near it- stylo, caps,monti's, smooth skin acros- sends out a fairly long PE looking for trouble- still it's beautiful coral to see

Love the spinstream pocillopora.

Thanks ! It's becoming popular- thanks Kat for that name ? more pics coming

Took some shots before I left so I can post up in the hotel room in Baltimore- it's like being there ?

Purple rimmed green cap

hNpP1iY.jpg

B0ibffW.jpg

Ponape birdsnest - can't seem to pull the purple tips out in a photo- delicate little branches- always shows great PE

oOyDTAn.jpg

Gbl3paP.jpg

ORA green Birdsnest - growing like a champ

vq5zUAo.jpg

Idaho Grape- reaching the glass has not held it back

mVHthma.jpg

Some shrooms

slvUffS.jpg

jnQf753.jpg

Stylo hiding in the back behind its purple counterpart

c5LmxHT.jpg

And the purple stylo

BNO9Ic3.jpg

Monti

97uvRga.jpg

And the mother of the spinstream poci

LFCc7qG.jpg

The dark corner where my picasso clowns are chilling all day- tons of micro life too

MNv2xDK.jpg

And finally.........the famous One of a kind and extremely rare and expensive ........the spinstream Pocillopora??

JOznX4S.jpg

Archived