ReefCleaners.org

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! I usually walk down near Millennium Park on my lunch breaks!

Is that close? Is old town aquarium within walking distance - I am debating on getting a car service over a rental- driving and parking downtown is no fun

Good score at the lfs today

9919b1cbf7ad3ef17e4caa6aff654d08_zpsh72d

Nice! Love mine.. .Totally changes the game in terms of tank work.

All I do now is feed and refill the ATO container once a week! :)

Marc.The.Shark

Ever see that Glasses.com commercial with the guy in the suit and a bun in his hair with the skateboard? Everytime i see it i think it's you on the way to work! Lol, too funny!!!!

Nice! Love mine.. .Totally changes the game in terms of tank work.

All I do now is feed and refill the ATO container once a week! :)

Good ? ya I have the JBJ for the Nuvo- this is for the 50gal. And should complete my equipment list. Ran into a few snags plumbing it last night so mother trip to Home Depot is in order.........or two ?

Ever see that Glasses.com commercial with the guy in the suit and a bun in his hair with the skateboard? Everytime i see it i think it's you on the way to work! Lol, too funny!!!!

Hahahahahaha...........That'd be nice- I don't think I've seen that one

I hope you have better luck with that than I have. Both of mine have leaked electrical current as has the one belonging to a friend of mine.

Argh! So do I - everyone I spoke to suggested this one so I went for it.

Reef wise or aqua pros worth checking out. Reefwise would be first pick as quality stuff. Aqua pros had pest when I was in there but priced good.

what kind of pests at aqua pros?

Cool, our center is down across from the Art Institute - in that area.

not much LFS in downtown. The closet is probably New Fish by Milwaukee but their coral selection is kind of blah. They do have a nice pennisula display tank with some nice fish. Good weather in Chicago right now.

Good ya I have the JBJ for the Nuvo- this is for the 50gal. And should complete my equipment list. Ran into a few snags plumbing it last night so mother trip to Home Depot is in order.........or two

I've never been able to plumb a tank without atleast 2 trips to get parts.... often its 3 tho. And I always drawl it out make a list and still get into it and its like oh yeah this would be awesome to add/change.... and its 11 and they closed at 10. :furious: lol

what kind of pests at aqua pros?

not much LFS in downtown. The closet is probably New Fish by Milwaukee but their coral selection is kind of blah. They do have a nice pennisula display tank with some nice fish. Good weather in Chicago right now.

Thanks for the info- I am really not wanting to park and drive around- I imagine I'll find dinner within walking distance so a car service to and from the airport seems in order.

I've never been able to plumb a tank without atleast 2 trips to get parts.... often its 3 tho. And I always drawl it out make a list and still get into it and its like oh yeah this would be awesome to add/change.... and its 11 and they closed at 10. :furious: lol

Ya, think I am there- picked up the last pluming parts and should be able to put it all together in a few days- spent the day shaping this up ?

Cut the top plate- not leveled but matches up really good. Off to Phoenix in the morning for a day trip !

6ce574c832ef02aeafc5cc8283cd2d7b_zpskvd4

Ya, think I am there- picked up the last pluming parts and should be able to put it all together in a few days- spent the day shaping this up

Cut the top plate- not leveled but matches up really good. Off to Phoenix in the morning for a day trip !

6ce574c832ef02aeafc5cc8283cd2d7b_zpskvd4

My youngest kid (4) asked for his first board a couple of weeks ago. I got him one but were struggling to find a place for him to ride here in Lucca (Italy). Terrible surfaces and a skatepark that has been left to rot.

My youngest kid (4) asked for his first board a couple of weeks ago. I got him one but were struggling to find a place for him to ride here in Lucca (Italy). Terrible surfaces and a skatepark that has been left to rot.

What a small world- my family is originally from Lucca? never been but I'd love to travel there. That's to bad about the parks- we are lucky here in the states to have fantastic skate parks all over the country

Thanks for the info- I am really not wanting to park and drive around- I imagine I'll find dinner within walking distance so a car service to and from the airport seems in order.

yup, you have tons of dining choices in downtown. you can just uber everywhere too if you dont want to walk.

If you have time, go check out the Grant Park Skate Park. Opened a year ago. About 15 mins walk from Art Institute on Michigan.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/grant-park-skate-park-chicago

yup, you have tons of dining choices in downtown. you can just uber everywhere too if you dont want to walk.

If you have time, go check out the Grant Park Skate Park. Opened a year ago. About 15 mins walk from Art Institute on Michigan.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/grant-park-skate-park-chicago

Hey thanks, I'll check that out for sure! Is that a city park its in - Grant Park? Wonder if Siri can find it. I'll need to get some walking in so that'd be perfect!

Hey thanks, I'll check that out for sure! Is that a city park its in - Grant Park? Wonder if Siri can find it. I'll need to get some walking in so that'd be perfect!

From Art Institute, just walk down Michigan Ave (heading South) and you will eventually hit the skate park by 11th and Michigan. It's hard to miss. If you pass Roosevelt, you went too far.

If you walk NORTH on Michigan Ave from Art Institute, you will be at Millenium Park where the "bean" is. There's a nice amphitheatre there. You can pretty much do a loop by going to the Bean then ampitheatre then Maggie Daley playground (for kids), then the Lake Front, walk down to Buckingham Fountain then to Shedd Aquarium / Planetarium for a killer view of the Chicago skyline (even better at night), cut back to Michigan to the skate park to Art Institute.

After typing all that, easier to explain with a map:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/41.8796076,-87.6242434/41.8825841,-87.6232987/41.8822868,-87.6194/41.8805672,-87.6167488/41.8757984,-87.6183329/41.8678732,-87.614728/41.8687041,-87.6227961/41.8786742,-87.6242123/@41.8777396,-87.6232896,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

From Art Institute, just walk down Michigan Ave (heading South) and you will eventually hit the skate park by 11th and Michigan. It's hard to miss. If you pass Roosevelt, you went too far.

If you walk NORTH on Michigan Ave from Art Institute, you will be at Millenium Park where the "bean" is. There's a nice amphitheatre there. You can pretty much do a loop by going to the Bean then ampitheatre then Maggie Daley playground (for kids), then the Lake Front, walk down to Buckingham Fountain then to Shedd Aquarium / Planetarium for a killer view of the Chicago skyline (even better at night), cut back to Michigan to the skate park to Art Institute.

After typing all that, easier to explain with a map:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/41.8796076,-87.6242434/41.8825841,-87.6232987/41.8822868,-87.6194/41.8805672,-87.6167488/41.8757984,-87.6183329/41.8678732,-87.614728/41.8687041,-87.6227961/41.8786742,-87.6242123/@41.8777396,-87.6232896,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

Awesome! That looks like a great walk- thanks for the map! Growing up in Flint, Mi. we would make the short trek to Chicago but I haven't been in a while so this is very helpful. Hopefully I can get away on my evenings.

What a small world- my family is originally from Lucca never been but I'd love to travel there. That's to bad about the parks- we are lucky here in the states to have fantastic skate parks all over the country

You should try and visit one day. It's a beautiful city. Leave the board at home, though, unless you really like skating on cobblestones and potholes.

Some macro micro life shots- love all the small life forms throughout the tank- this little buff ball is really cool?

gtOCqmU.jpg

P0Ov6e9.jpg

Underside of the Idaho Grape- tube worms taking over

mEqNoZh.jpg

This little cave is neat

kTL7P5R.jpg

Micro stars are multiplying again!

e2ucf7h.jpg

j80zcju.jpg

Stylo wars- purple losing this battle

yGA3IUI.jpg

Monti