Coral Vue Hydros

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, lookit how fluffy my shooms are!! Glad they like their spot in the new tank!

21597582256_28d4f7a16d_z.jpg

Wait, what????

Won't be a reef tank, but I do have another little something in the works!!

21625106335_8406e91a5c_z.jpg

BF's mom got a BEAUTIFUL betta fish that's active and swims a lot. I got jealous. So now I will get a pretty betta too! :happy:

Nice! Every girl in our family has their own betta. But we just have simple fish bowls. 100% water change weekly, no heat, no filter, no light. They actually do great and they are so beautiful :)

Everything looks great!

Grumpleupagus :wub:

Oddly, Grumpy is looking spotty right now. :( Not like ich, but almost like how a blenny gets spotty when stressed.

Hope he's ok and just irritated from the cleaning today.

After talking with my boyfriend, and Stella (who is really awesome) I decided that I probably need to treat my MTS and consolidate my two tanks into one.

I just don't have the time or dedication to two tanks. I spend a lot of time at work or with the boyfriend and only take care of my tanks one a week with water changes. I don't test regularly, I don't clean the glass or baste the rocks as I should, and don't get me started on cleaning pumps and compartments!!

I will have to get rid of a few corals, and unfortunately, I won't be able to keep 3 clownfish in one tank. But I will have until April to thin out what I have.

The next question is - stay with the Nuvo Fusion 20, get a Lagoon 25, or maybe a Mr. Aqua 32 gallon with a HOB filter. I know I want to stay simpler, and it needs to fit within a 24x24 space.

After talking with my boyfriend, and Stella (who is really awesome) I decided that I probably need to treat my MTS and consolidate my two tanks into one.

I just don't have the time or dedication to two tanks. I spend a lot of time at work or with the boyfriend and only take care of my tanks one a week with water changes. I don't test regularly, I don't clean the glass or baste the rocks as I should, and don't get me started on cleaning pumps and compartments!!

I will have to get rid of a few corals, and unfortunately, I won't be able to keep 3 clownfish in one tank. But I will have until April to thin out what I have.

The next question is - stay with the Nuvo Fusion 20, get a Lagoon 25, or maybe a Mr. Aqua 32 gallon with a HOB filter. I know I want to stay simpler, and it needs to fit within a 24x24 space.

I looked up the Lagoon 25. Sharp looking tank! If it were me, I'd stick with the Fusion 20. It's already paid for. If you try to sell it you won't get your money back. It would definitely be simpler to not have to order a new tank, setup a new tank, and cycle a new tank. Just my thoughts :).

I looked up the Lagoon 25. Sharp looking tank! If it were me, I'd stick with the Fusion 20. It's already paid for. If you try to sell it you won't get your money back. It would definitely be simpler to not have to order a new tank, setup a new tank, and cycle a new tank. Just my thoughts :).

True, BUT I got it for a REALLY good price. Considering I'd be able to sell the biocube and stand, plus the fusion 20 and stand, I would probably be able to pay for a new tank, if I find one decently priced for Black Friday.

Also, trying to consider what I would want to keep and what I would have to part with. An IM Nuvo 40 adds height, so I could add a floating rock for a few choice (and easy) SPS to keep high on the back wall. I'd be able to keep the RFA rock (right structure) from the nuvo, and possibly the main rock currently in the biocube (or something similarly shaped).

I'm thinking RFA's, acans, easy SPS like my Gena caps, then tall leathers, gorgs, euphyllia - which are all a little more elevated away from wandering nems!

True, BUT I got it for a REALLY good price. Considering I'd be able to sell the biocube and stand, plus the fusion 20 and stand, I would probably be able to pay for a new tank, if I find one decently priced for Black Friday.

Also, trying to consider what I would want to keep and what I would have to part with. An IM Nuvo 40 adds height, so I could add a floating rock for a few choice (and easy) SPS to keep high on the back wall. I'd be able to keep the RFA rock (right structure) from the nuvo, and possibly the main rock currently in the biocube (or something similarly shaped).

I'm thinking RFA's, acans, easy SPS like my Gena caps, then tall leathers, gorgs, euphyllia - which are all a little more elevated away from wandering nems!

Well, a good price does make a difference :). In that case, I'd go for a bigger tank!

I totally understand consolidating. Keeping 2 tanks has always been a challenge for me as well. (In fact I am tossing around consolidating down to 1 tank even though my tanks are just 1 system). I think I would go for the bigger tank for the extra height and depth.

I know your a fan of aio tanks.but I saw a complete sca 50 cube. Stand, sump, plumbing starphire glass on amazon. Meets your size requirements and should be big enough that you can keep most of your stuff. $700 is not a bad price for a complete set up

Archived